Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Nickster563

Nickster563 Anymore questions you wanna ask?

News Credits:
    I always liked to imagine him using it to absolutely bludgeon a poor decepticon to scrap.

2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Never vote.

Watermarking the pics would've stifled leakers because if the pics got out it would be easy to track who the pics originally came from. It doesn't bail out phamduc if leakers leak anyway, but at least we would know pretty quick which TFW users broke his trust.

I'm blaming the person who didn't leak with more caution. Phamduc. And if it wasn't as "willy nilly" as people claim, than it should be easy to figure out who the culprit was as they know who they sent pics to here.

Also, what's with the snitch-tagging? Good lord the people on here on petty.

• Like Like x 3
  3. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

It sucks the pics got posted

4. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

Wait, a "Voyager" leader or a "Leader" leader? :p 

• Like Like x 3
  5. Master Farr

Master Farr Banned

I gotta say, this may be the definitive prime

6. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Wow I guess I really am old. These figures all feel pretty recent to me.

ALL of those are entirely new versions of the character, which is what I expect when Animated gets translated to a more 'traditional' TF look. CHUG Lockdown (well it was a Bayverse design but got pulled into CHUG through the IDW comics) is clearly inspired by, but obviously is very different, from the animated version, bearing almost no similarities except head (general appearance), the feet, signature weapons (hook hand and EMP generator), hip wheels, having some kind of shoulder pauldrons, and being Deluxe cars who turn into Voyager sized bot modes; other than that, their torsos, arms, legs, and transformations are completely different:

[​IMG]

Lugnut was FAR closer to the source material, but still had completely different arms, shoulders, proportions, and deco:

[​IMG]

Bulkhead, in comparison, is very different from the Animated version, but no more so than Lockdown, as it focuses mainly on key 'beats' (general profile, head, huge upper body/tiny legs, signature weapon):

[​IMG]

...and the simplified, later toy, is even closer to the source material, with the big over-the-shoulder flaps and generally more cartoony, rounder look:

[​IMG]

As for Blitzwing:

[​IMG]
    ...same story. Cockpit chest, shoulder style, tread legs, altmode appearances ... if you changed the torso's color layout, it's actually CLOSER to the source material than Lockdown, which was one of the figures you didn't characterize as entirely new versions of the character. It's clearly inspired by the animated design far more than the G1 design.

I really enjoyed that trip through Animated Memory Lane. I really, REALLY dislike that aesthetic... but those toys were friggin' AMAZING, and the way they captured that aesthetic is nuts. They were just so alive feeling, the transformations were innovative, they were big... just an incredible quality toyline. Literally the only subpar mold IMO was Jetstorm.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    You realize we aren't a big enough part of the fandom to actually get that kind of wide systemic change, right? If what we thought mattered, Cyberverse would've been cancelled after one wave.

Yeah but he has one turret instead of two like on the original toy so it's crap and Hasbro hates us BOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man I hope that head comes apart easily. I will happily paint those eyes.

9. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

Looks incredible. But I guess I\'ll be sticking with my voyager siege

• Like Like x 1
  10. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    Man those blue hands look terrible. After seeing comparison shots of the grey it\'s hard to go back to the blue hands. 

11. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's always had blue hands tho

12. chaosMonkeyPoo

chaosMonkeyPoo Another Starscream Fangirl

As much as I hate the recent trend of some figures combining the hips/diaper thing we traditionally have into the top of the leg/hip articulation like what Siege Starscream and Springer had (as it looks fine standing neutral but looks odd whenever the leg is raised) this figure as a whole looks good enough for me to get over it. I can see myself replacing both my main display Prime and my work desk display Prime with this guy. I adore the Siege Optimus and it might be my favorite Transformer in at least a dozen years so I can't see myself removing it entirely from display but I can't deny how bad I want this new version.

As much as the painted blue hands look a little out of place - its worlds better than leaving them grey. Big thumbs up for them fixing that.

13. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Just started trying to read through this thread and -wait we were NOT supposed to see these?!? RUT-ROH!
    Yeah, - that about the only guaranteed way.

:lol :lol  Seriously I hope no one is in serious trouble, I mean losing their job trouble.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Asked for the source but only got \'online\' as a response. Cheers for that 

15. SideswipeFriend2005

SideswipeFriend2005 Mirror Universe Counterpart

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Beautiful. Will grab this one for sure.

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    If your job relied on your not leaking pics of toys...you'd better either not leak the pics, or do a better job vetting the people you leak to.

• Like Like x 4
  17. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

REALLY pleased to see blue hands, kinda disappointed they had to paint them considering hands are usually a high friction part. I'm personally glad to see animation accurate eyes color, though it must suck for people wanting yellow eyes. Here's hoping it's easy to change or replace. Over all I'll happily replace my old school Classics Optimus...finally...

• Like Like x 3
  18. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I haven’t been sleeping on the UT homages in the Siege line. I’ve just been waiting for Hasbro to release UT figures that aren’t half assed repaints or remolds. I think GU Prime is the only decent non-G1 figure in Siege, but even he’s not as great when compared to the original figure (this is what people who own the original figure have said. I don’t own the original.)

They know they have to switch up the formula, but are they willing to? The WFC Netflix series, Cyberverse, and even the live action films are all heavily or are going to be heavily G1. I fully expect Hasbro to continue catering to the “Geewun or bust” crowd for, at least, another couple of years.

With all due respect, I somehow doubt this.

• Like Like x 2
  19. NOBLExGAMER

NOBLExGAMER Scale Crazed Collector | Core Class Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Hey look, I was right!

• Like Like x 2
  20. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Look, as someone who almost got fired from their part time job at TRU for leaking a photo of MP Sunstorm, I have to say that you're totally responsible for your own actions. I chose to leak it without thinking twice about how it would come back to bite me in the ass.

Do mean watermarking with the name of who you're giving it to? That's the only way I'd see that working out.