Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    The Sunbow cartoon intro is Autobot propaganda. =p "...Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons".

• Like Like x 5
  2. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Damn those Hospital scalpers! :scalper  Have they no shame or humanity! :eek: 

• Like Like x 7
  3. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I gotta say, I like the -- let's not call them politics exactly but polemics -- of the 84 cartoon.

No Primus. Unicron as a mysterious Frankenstein thing.

Transformers were built for consumer satisfaction by Quintessons. Eventually people wanted them to be gladiators. Autobots revolted. Decepticons seemed to harbor some affinity for Quintessons.

I miss the lack of space religion and overall lack of "Who are the REAL good guys?" Autobots MOSTLY loved peace and wanted to play basketball and get girlfriends/boyfriends/partners and have fun and have sustainable, ethically sourced energy -- while still having personality flaws. Decepticons were scheming constantly or beaten into submission. Autobots kept signing up for ceasefires or trial by combat to end the war.

No Primus. No senate. Just factory line robots yearning to have a good time vs bullies who wanted to use force, with a bit of banter and a few like Mirage or Ironhide or the Dinobots who had to be kept in line.

I'm glad to see Quintessons back whatever form they take.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    You can prefer the Takara Legends/Hasbro Earthrise decos for the Clones over the Titans Return ones all you want, but I dare anyone to justify Takara's decision to paint over the transformation hinges while painting another stripe directly below the hinges in the same color the hinge would be to emulate the look of the G1 toys because ZOMG the G1 toys had those hinges a few centimeters lower.
    Clones_stripes.jpg

That's even more ridiculous than Unite Warriors Sling and Firebolt having the transformation hinges of their G1 toys painted on their alternate modes because they were part of the animation models, or Unite Warriors Drag Stripe having black paint on his shoulder to emulate the extra wheel of the G1 toy his Combiner Wars toy doesn't have.

It'd be like slapping a "Martini Porsche" sticker on Alternators Meister, a Mazda RX-8, because "Jazz should be a Porsche!"

• Like Like x 12
  5. RodimusRex

The hinge is part of the animation model in blue, though.

6. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    I dunno, looking at the molded details, I think TT made the right choice, considering their goal seemed to have been show accuracy. One doesn't necessarily look better or worse than the other though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nevermore

News Credits:
    TT co-designed the toys, though. Design-wise, it would have been perfectly possible to have the hinge in the same position as on the G1 toy. Why design it that way and then make this bizarre hyper-show-accurate deco change?

8. RodimusRex

Because the stripe is below the hinge on the animation model. You can see a powder blue hinge with a stripe below the hinge on the animation model.

EDIT: On a side note, I'm glad Takara gave the clones hip length trunks instead of the long trousers and Borat G-string thong designs Hasbro keeps revamping characters to have.

9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    I imagine they chose to go this route because placing the hinge lower would have made his shoulder joint sit too low and look awkward when raising his arms.

I understand your point though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    In Takara's defense, the hinges of the TR toy are sculpted with the details of the original toys' shoulders and have an unpainted stripe beneath them where the original toys' hinge was, as if the Takara colourscheme was the intention of the mold. It seems like the TR version simply got the intended pallete layout incorrect or intentionally reversed it so they could use the unpainted dark blue plastic for the hinge and as such still have the two shades of blue without using more paint.

I think the worst examples of this kind of Animation-model-anal colourscheme change is the time Takara awkwardly painted eyes onto TR Rewind's visor or when they painted over the molded construction stripes on the Legend-class Megatron in order to pretend they weren't there..

• Like Like x 7
  11. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Or Unite Warriors Blast Off with the stripe above his sculpted visor painted because the cartoon model misinterpreted that stripe as his visor instead of the actual visor below it.

• Like Like x 5
  12. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeah, while I totally get most of the examples being bandied about as silly (the painted transformation joint on the Unite Warriors Aerialbots being particularly silly) I like how they did the clones for the same reason @lord ginrai noted, the details match up. A bit silly to "waste" 2 paint apps? sure. But with the sculpted details all being there it makes more sense than the rest.

(I also like the way it breaks up the colors better)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I gotta admit, I kind of liked the sheer audacity of Unite Warriors Blastoff and Dragstrip. They passed the threshold from "obnoxious" into "amusingly bizarre"

14. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don’t believe this video has been shared here yet. In the beginning the guide basically shows how to transform Zarak.
    Unfortunately since it’s a show room model he couldn’t transform it all the way, but you get the basic idea of how it works.

• Like Like x 7
  15. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Anyone willing to go splitskies? I only need Pounce.

16. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser "Oh Kawaii Koto"

News Credits:
    Soon we’ll have the full transformation
    19976661-21F5-4967-97C2-F60476A1F707.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  17. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Drink every time he says "you're looking at..."
    Also, what's a Quintessence?

Seriously though while I still have that Arcee on pre-order I'm not convinced she's in anyway better then the Generations Legends Arcee I already have. I guess we'll see in September.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Mod Edit: Screencaps added.

Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 01.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 02.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 03.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 04.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 05.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 06.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 07.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 08.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 09.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 10.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 11.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 12.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 13.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 14.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 15.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 16.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 17.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 18.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 19.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 20.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 21.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 22.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 23.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 24.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 25.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 26.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 27.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 28.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 29.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 30.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 31.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 32.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 33.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 34.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 35.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 36.jpg Earthrise Titan Class Scorponok 37.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 31
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  19. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser "Oh Kawaii Koto"

News Credits:
    For those who wondered if he was the size of omega:
    upload_2020-4-30_16-12-1.png
    upload_2020-4-30_16-12-58.png
    upload_2020-4-30_16-22-9.png
    upload_2020-4-30_16-22-25.png
    upload_2020-4-30_16-23-1.png

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 30
  20. jojo1982

jojo1982 Well-Known Member

Another reason why we need a redo of Fortress Maximus and Metroplex, Scorponok is looking to be the best Titan ever.

• Like Like x 15