Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I'm interested to see how Arcee turns out but I just kinda find her unnecessary at this point. The T30 isn't perfect but it's on my shelf and I like up at it regularly and I still feel like it really looks the part incredibly well.
    The Alicon sounds pretty darn cool though.
    The quint aligator sounds cool though.

2. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Technically, even by that logic, Arcee's car mode could still from Earth as she's in Earthrise and everyone's on Earth.

3. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    technically there not on earth until the end(atleast that what the description of the earthrise line said)

4. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Hey I know a GIJoe fan. They are out there collecting vintage even if Hasbro isnt pushing the brand anywhere. But you still sidestepped the question. So since you would rather talk about GIJoes demise instead of referencing my question in regards to its heyday, lets just go with Barbie instead. Theres no shortage of Barbie fans out there so you cant sidestep the question so easily. Where is the outrage that Ken doesnt have a beer gut ? Where is the outrage that not all men are chiseled in stone among the Barbie fandom ? Or is this politically correct milenial rage only directed towards female cartoon characters ? What a double standard.

5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Earthrise is the story of the journey to earth, some arrive before others so there is narrative wiggle room for cybertronian modes, arcees g1 form could end up being her earth mode or her cybertronian mode still

6. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Huh, I did not know that. So yeah guess you're right, could be a Cybertronian car.

7. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

The only way they'll sell me on Arcee is if it's IDW Arcee. And there's no chance in hell it's that, so I'll have to pass. At least one Alicon will be mine, however.

8. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    See that’s what I thought. At least for Hot Rod, her and Kup. Blurr and Springer were totally alien crazy cars.

9. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    m8 do you really think I have an answer to whether anyone in the Barbie fandom wants a Ken doll with a dadbod ? There might be. Hell, there might actually be a dadbod Ken already for all I know, Mattel has a line of Barbie and co figures with different body types after all.

Give it a rest with the pOlItIcAl CoRrEcTnEsS gOnE mAd bollocks, it means nothing and has no basis in what people are talking about anyway. No one is outraged by slender female TFs, that's just you projecting a ridiculous eSsJaYdUbYoO strawman onto the conversation for whatever reason, you're just completely misunderstanding what anyone's talking about.
    OK, so this whole thing is about the toys, right? Many recent fembot toys have been Deluxe cars with very similar designs where the majority of their alt-mode just hangs off their backs in robot mode because their appendages are too spindly to incorporate parts of the alt-mode the way most male TF toys do, so they all end up feeling very similar, and that's pretty boring. Meanwhile male TF toys have all kinds of different alt-modes and designs across all price-points. Some of us think it'd be nifty to get some of that for female TFs, that doesn't mean eliminating slender Arcee types, or that anyone hates them, just that we'd also get some Strongarms, Ailerons and Strikas as well.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 18
  10. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Given all he's said so far, I think it makes sense that he was unable to conceive of even a third female bodytype option to "skinny runway model" and "Fat" such as "beefy/bulky/physically strong", even though there are prominent examples of it with Strongarm and Strika.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I’d love a Generations style Strongarm.
    I was actually hoping for one with Combiner wars to mix up the molds used for the Elita/fembots Combiner.

Strongarm and Nautica are my top two fembots that I hope get new figures soon.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Rated X

Rated X Banned

And exactly what would Strongarm look like if she became human for an episode ? Nia Jax ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sure. Don't see why there's a problem.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Triceradon

Triceradon Sunbow Delenda Est

No one cares about your "No Fat Chicks" T-shirt, man.

• Like Like x 12
  15. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Actually they are "futuristic" cars fitting with how 2005 vehicles would be like. Notice how nobody was bothered with how they looked on earth in certain episodes. Also they are vehicles that people could drive. So not as alien as you would think.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    realistically the answer is that they are both earth modes and cybertronian. by 2005, cybertronian tech was pretty ingrained into earth society so its not too far of a stretch to say that earth vehicles adopted the appearance of cybertronian vehicles due to their influence on earth. the only 2 we have any sort of retroactive official answer to is that springers g1 alt modes are cybertronian and ultra magnus' g1 alt mode is an earth mode (both answers really only apply if you feel that siege is appropriately g1)

• Like Like x 3
  17. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    Just got Ironworks and Wheeljack today. WJ's hips were so tight I had to put a hip in the table vice and twist the *ahem* crotch with vice grips repeatedly. Anyone else have this problem?

• Like Like x 2
  18. ca12nag3

I sincerely doubt it.

[​IMG]

More Gina Carano but hey I could be seeing things that are not so?

Strongarm is more bulk and properly trained. She doesn't look like Bulkhead or something.

• Like Like x 12
  19. ca12nag3

Realize though that Ultra Magnus was a toy from the diaclone line "like a leftover" tossed into the story in 86 just to make good use of the mold. While the other figures were new. I don't count him as a 2005 design.

20. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Maybe Chyna

• Like Like x 2