Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fingers crossed that this is indeed the case.

• Like Like x 1
  2. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

Very curious to see how the new Arcee turns out. I'm hoping the surfboard transforms with the figure without having to be removed like some of the 3rd Party figures of Arcee did where the center of the hood can be removed to use as a riot shield. I'm also curious to see if the figure uses any of the transformation scheme from the T30 figure. And no I don't mean a retool, I know this is an all new figure, I'm just wondering if there's going to be any design scheme similarities.

• Like Like x 1
  3. deadalertcorps44

deadalertcorps44 Member

The thing is, G1 octane as a toy isn't held in very high regard. Almost everyone on youtube that's done a review on him has criticized the tanker cover/shield. OG Blurr isn't a popular toy either, cause guess what, you lose the shield and you're fucked. You've got yourself a robot that can't transform cause you're missing an essential part of the vehicle mode, and that's the exact same thing that's going to happen to ER CJ if you lose the shield/car trunk. Even the G1 seekers had copious partsforming, and everyone who isn't blinded by nostalgia recognizes that sucks. Every seeker mold since got rid of the partsforming. It's justified on some transformers like Omega, cause he's a multicomponent transformer, but frankly on CJ it's ridiculous, cause Hasbro and Takara have done so many standard car transformers without having to remove such a significant chunk of car. Last time they did it might have been with animated blurr, but even then, he might have been the exception at the time. So yes, it really is a step backward. It's not a big deal if it's on the occasional mold, but I definitely don't want it to progress to having nearly all transformers in a line requiring partsforming. That said, Im still going to get CJ, but it's ridiculous to not acknowledge people's complaints over partsforming.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If someone, especially an adult collector, loses parts then it’s entirely on their negligence for losing it and not due to the partsforming itself, especially since it has a place to go on both modes, unlike most weapons these days

• Like Like x 4
  5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Hoping

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah...as much as I hate parts-forming, it has nothing to do with losing the pieces.

• Like Like x 3
  7. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can speak from experience on this and confirm. Moving doesn't help, but it happens and it's all negligence.

• Like Like x 2
  8. St Firebringer

St Firebringer Well-Known Member

I think the real questions on everyone\'s mind boil down to these: Can Cliffjumper and Arcee swap parts? Can Arcee also ride Soundbarrier (and will her own bits get jealous)? Are we seeing a secret subline emerge: Ramplords?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Backpackmasters subline...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Theres also Leadfoot, Hound, and Daytrader. (Bayverse) But with that being said, theyre all male. I would assume their "creator" follows basic guidelines about gender that have been recognized and acknowledged for thousands of years on our planet and billions of years in other universes. Only in the last ten years has political corectness leaked into toys of all things.

11. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I've never understood an adult losing a part being a likelihood. Only thing from my collection I've ever lost is World's Smallest Ravage's back leg. Sucker just fell to the carpet and disappeared.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rated X

We have plenty of bots with "different" characteristics these days. My issue is not that fat bots exist, but the reasoning behind what inspires their creation. I never met a overweight person who didnt want to get BACK into shape. Notice I capitalized the word "back" because it implies that they were not born out of shape. A majority of those people got that way through their own free will. Fortunately robots dont gain weight naturally. So any attempt to diversify their shapes in their fiction would be the product of pure political correctness. In a perfect world, humans also wouldnt gain weight involuntarily. So lets leave fiction as a perfect world and stop trying to dump real life drama into it. Fiction is supposed to be an escape from reality.

13. Tanafor

Tanafor Autobots at work

News Credits:
    My problem with Cliffjumper's backpack is that it's just a big chunk of nothing. It's not a believable shield, they didn't put any effort into it. It's would be great if it would transform into his big cannon or something like it, Beast Wars style. Cliffjumper is just lazy. Let's hope Arcee does it better.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Rated X

Only in the Transformers fandom does this type of opinion exist. Why arent GIJoe fans complaining that all the female characters have sexy bodies and the male characters are all in shape ? Why arent Barbie fans complaining that Ken dolls are all handsome and physically fit ? Why are nearly all women in anime portrayed as sexy ? Why do women of certain natiinalities only seem to gain weight when living in America ? Why isnt there a TV show like "My 600 Pound Life" but in reverse where a skinny person tries to reach an immensely, unhealthy weight for superficial reasons ? Answer some of these questions before you criticize someone elses fictional creations. Or better yet, create your own fictional universe based on your philosophies and see if it turns into a multi million dollar franchise. Im not trying to be rude to you, but perfection sells. And the ideal fiction should be an escape from reality.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rated X

You make make a good point. But when creating a cast of hand drawn fictiinal characters, you need to have a baseline. The baseline for the G1 Transformers cartoon seems to be that robots are born in shape so they stay in shape. Whats ironic is that Michael Bay did the best job of diversifying robot anatomy and humanizing the less perfect aspects of the human body, yet his designs get the most hate from the same fandom who wants G1 to be more politically correct. They want to rewrite time, but they wont accept a continuity which gave them exactly what they wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rated X

You do make an interesting point. But with that, I ask you to explore the G1 cartoon lore of Transformers orgin. They were created by the Quintisons and they didnt always transform. We did get a glimpse of fembots who came to be known as Gluph and Strika who clearly had a more feminine physique. (Glyph being somewhat of an anomaly since transforming didnt even exist at the time yet she had car kibnle) Traditionally, Alpha Trion doesnt even have an alt mode, although fan pressure over the years gave him one. And he created Elita One from Ariel. (Another fembot that may or may not have had an alt mode) So the rules were set long, long ago. Fembots look fem. As far as toys are concerned, you cant expect Hasbro to be able to defy the laws of science. Kibble has to go some where. Vetter a backpack than hanging off her arms and legs making her look like something she is not. (A male)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    :popcorn 

• Like Like x 6
  18. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    She's going to have her revised design seen on MP51, just you wait.

19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Hehe. I think I fall under that category. Not that I hate the Bay movies, but while I did enjoy some of the worldbuilding the movies did in the sense of body types and such I sort of don't like the Frenzy's, Brain's, and Demolishor's. But I never said I wasn't a hypocrite :lol 
    You make a good point that since in G1 at least Transformers stay in the same body forever, unless they upgrade. It makes sense for them to have the most practical shape their technology can achieve. If they are created to fulfill a certain task their shapes would be diverse, but I'm not going to pretend that I know what shape would be best fitted to which task.

• Like Like x 1
  20. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Transform and Transcend!!!

Lets just blame Optimus Prime for the look of Arcee. It's all his fault for how she looks, according to the Marvel UK comics anyway. lol
    I have no problem with partsforming, never have, never will. If it gives me the best iteration of the character, bravo. If it gives her a sweet looking hoverboard, even better.