Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    that almost seems like too many leaders to fit in the line considering the last two lines we got 3 or 4 retail leaders across 3 molds/remolds with a few exclusives.
    potp had optimus prime, rodimus prime, rodimus unicronus and optimal optimus at retail with nemesis prime and throne of primes as exclusives. so 3 molds, 4 retail, 2 exclusive, 6 total
    siege had ultra magnus, galaxy upgrade optimus prime, and shockwave at retail with galactic man shockwave as a selects exclusive. 2 base molds, 1 remold, 3 at retail, 1 exclusive, 4 total.

your post indicates the possibility of at least 5 molds and thats not counting repaints (unless the decepticony in colors one is nemesis prime or something like that), and personally i don't think the line will have that many unless they're increasing the number of leader waves

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the Astrotrain re-release is leader class so not sure how that will skew the numbers cause technically makes Siege have 5 leaders

• Like Like x 3
  3. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    is there even gonna BE an Australian toy fair this year?
    kinda hard to show off plastic playthings, when your entire fucking continent is on Goddamned FIRE

• Like Like x 6
  4. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with you 100% & thought as much myself (as @Dann86 has said above me Astrotrain was originally in Earthrise too, inflating numbers even more) however I’m just going off what catz has said in the rumour thread, and viewing it as some things may have since changed to what they used to be like.

He’s not been wrong before, so while some of these could possibly have been cancelled or shuffled to WfC Part III I’m happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    oh definitely, catz has been a reliable source, its just curious that they'd inflate leader class so much compared to the last 2 lines

• Like Like x 3
  6. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I looked at it as hopefully we could get a Galaxy Shuttle from Astrotrain (I realise this is a stretch, but considering Alpha Trion & Broadside of all bots shared tooling in Titans Return, i’ve seen stranger things happen!), a Fire Convoy from Earthrise Prime (similar to how Galaxy Upgrade Prime & Ultra Magnus shared tooling) then Galvatron can get a repaint as Galvatron II (toy colours) or SG Megatron with a new head, & Doubledealer can get a Selects release as Cybertron Defence Red Alert.

• Like Like x 2
  7. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So, I think one thing to bear in mind regarding these 'base mode Voyager/Leaders' is that Catz only saw concept artwork, the primary purpose of which was illustrate the play patterns of the line. It's not inconceivable that none of these will make it any further than this concept stage. Knowing what we know about the line up and how many slots have already been filled, I'd be wary of counting these in the line, at either Leader or Voyager price point. To be honest I think there's two Voyager slots in the 4th wave and one leader slot in a later wave that we don't know the identities of yet. And I suspect the Voyagers will likely be Redos of existing Voyager molds, Inferno and the Conehead/Seeker of your choice for instance.

I'm actually inclined to think that Hasbro might be casting about for that extra Leader figure, what with Astrotrain being shunted from Earthrise to Siege, and thinking how they can fill a spot with a quick and easy repaint. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if someone whom we might have thought more fitting as a 'niche' exclusive repaint, like a hypothetical Cybertron Defense Red Alert from Double Dealer, winds up being a main line release.

One thing I really hope we get clear, unambiguous, confirmation of is how many waves ER will be. I've been working on the assumption of four waves, with a potential 5th wave in the back of my mind, but I really have no firm idea how many waves are actually planned.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still say Big Bang and Sky Garry are perfect for this line

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    quick and easy repaint could also be sentinel prime considering the comics are still using his titans return version, which is an astrotrain repaint

• Like Like x 5
  10. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

Thirded (I don't care if it's a real word or not, need pics!)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    We're still here :)  Singed, but here.

• Like Like x 14
  12. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I’m really curious to see if he’s gonna be in earthrise packing or siege.

• Like Like x 2
  13. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    One thing to consider is Siege's success meant they extended the line, so it's possible they also extend Earthrise with "previews" of the next chapter.

Siege: Magnus/Prime, Shockwave, Astrotrain
    Earthrise: Prime, Astrotrain, Doubledealer, ???
    Chapter 3: ???, three other molds.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By this logic if Siege is to go by the other leader should be an Autobot as 2 of each faction....but would Doubledealer be a Merc?? So that would skew it a bit.

15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    The thing with Dealer is he is, by nature, neither an Autobot or Decepticon. He's like Punch/Counterpunch in that regard...no?

So being a Merc is a good idea (especially if "Merc" becomes the toyline's way of handling factionless characters). And he could then be repainted into either an Autobot or Decepticon (or both).

• Like Like x 3
  16. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Paleontologist Extraordinaire

News Credits:
    I'm just gonna say it...

I would really like to get a Voyager Fire Convoy.

I would pay for that.

• Like Like x 8
  17. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Siege had 4 Leaders total, including Astrotrain, are we expecting ER to have 4 leaders total also?

1.Optimus Prime
    2.Astrotrain
    3.Double Dealer
    4.?

18. Dann86

Dann86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah merc faction is a thing so would make sense yeah.

19. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    While Astrotrain is definitely being released in ER, it is unclear if it's going to be considered internally as a "new" figure for ER or an old one from Siege (that is, when they decided to move figures forward from ER to Siege, did they re-allocate resources to ER for more figures or not). If we assume they did re-allocate resources, then we have two new leader molds (enough of Prime is new to not get into a pedantic debate about remolds) and three molds from which we could see a repaint or retool. Again, if that's the case, I would guess at one new mold or a very heavy retool (e.g. Double Dealer getting his bird mode removed for someone else)

As a quick re-use inventory, OP has all the normal Optimus re-uses (SG, Nemesis, Toxitron, G2). Astrotrain has mild re-use options (Spacewarp, that weird orange and blue deco for the G1 re-issue, Sentinel Prime). DoubleDealer has a ton of re-use options if he gets re-tooled (Stalker, MW Soundwave, Darksyde Megatron, CDF Red Alert).

I will guess at Sentinel Prime as a Selects option from Astrotrain (the huge arsenal of weapons makes more sense with him). A Nemesis Prime re-paint for Amazon. Then MW Soundwave as a retail leader to pair w/a hypothetical voyager Blaster (if the Powermasters and Deployers are the same molds, incorporating Deployer functionality into MW Soundwave is trivial). Finally, a CDF Red Alert wish-cast for a final Selects release or Amazon battlepack*.

*While there were no leader class battlepacks in Siege, they clearly sold well so we might imagine Amazon would want more high-priced items.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd keep my eyes peeled the days leading up to Toy Fair for media sites like io9 or IGN to get exclusive 1st looks at some of the EarthRise toys. Same happened last year for Jetfire and Omega Supreme.

• Like Like x 1