Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Everything Man

Everything Man Well-Known Member

Earthrise isn\'t 100% G1 accurate bc it\'s a chug line, his colors aren\'t wrong they are just reflective of more modern versions of the character. That said I am buying him as my g1 mp stand in, if the lack of gray ends up bothering me I\'ll paint it, I imagine if you plan on standing it next to a Bumblebee the gray will help him pop more.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

I thought about that but didnt really touch on it for two reasons.

1. The transformation most likely wont allow for that feature.
    2. The budget doesnt allow it for the figure because of that big cannon and skis to justify it being deluxe price point.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Riddler87

Riddler87 Well-Known Member

It just seems like everyone is nitpicking Cliffjumper to death. Oh he's too small, he partsforms, the colors aren't right. I don't care I love this Cliffjumper, I will hug him and squeeze him and call him George.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Welcome to the magic world of "gang molding" where some color accuracy is lost to save money on extra molds. I guess they felt black was needed more than grey for the tires and the budget only allowed 2 colors of plastic. During the previous lines up until POTP, Takara might have painted these. colors up, but at a price. Im all for cartoon accuracy, but within reason. I dont want a carbon copy of poor 1980's animation either. I dont want yellow on my dinobots to represent gold, or ugly light grey to represent silver, or allspark blue to represent translucent glass windows. Just give me what it would be in real life. The grey somewhat falls into this catagory. Im inclined to believe that would have been gunmetal which black is pretty close. I can understand where youre coming from with the red arms. But the arms in red do look better in my opinion. Especially considering the mold itself sports features that are not cartoon accurate due to transformation into a non- cartoon accurate car. (Rather than a ridiculous looking Chibai car)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  5. 2fabdad

2fabdad Well-Known Member

No spoiler???

6. Tentascream

Tentascream Member

Twitter:
    I\'d love to see an animation coloring of this starscream. Just like how they did siege megatron and Optimus, I wanna see starscream and maybe another character get recolored with the cell shaded paint 

7. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I definitely see your point and they definitely could've considering all of that hides away in vehicle mode. I'd prefer the accuracy but I like what we got.

It is nice to see how the rear of the car works as a shield and from the angles they're showing, it's not bad but it's still an unfortunate compromise.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LiquidEnergon

LiquidEnergon Well-Known Member

Yep, the nose cone goes halfway up the red intakes. It does seem like all the promo pics from the front try to disguise this, or just digitally remove it. In the quick-transforming video the cone is super high, but the camera also seems to be placed from a slightly higher vantage (or incompletely transformed). It is what it is...along with his hollow exposed side.

Like I said though, I may still pick this SS up for the nice alt mode in addition to the Siege seekers (which yes, I dig a lot).
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    Er.....no. That's not how shelf-warming works.

There's not row upon row of Springer, Optimus, Megatron etc - they all sold out quick smart.

Just rows of that shitty shit Siege seeker mold.

• Like Like x 3
  10. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

Actually I can only find one seeker, TC, around here. What I find alot of are the OPs and Megs.

• Like Like x 2
  11. laserghost

laserghost mixtape recordicon

News Credits:
    I'm liking this Cliffjumper. I'm hopeful they'll give us more Minibots in deluxe class- I've been waiting for that since Classics Bumblebee, lol. The parts-forming isn't too big of a deal to me. Lots of G1 figures did that. My only real complaint with partsforming is when it doesn't make use of all the parts in all the modes. I just don't like having to temporarily put parts aside. But this Cliffjumper seems to do it well.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  12. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The red and black is more reminiscent of the G1 toy, which I prefer.

• Like Like x 5
  13. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Siege Seekers cost the same amount of money and have all the articulation this figure doesn't. You might not agree with him, but he's actually right this time.

As for Cliffjumper, it's great we're getting a new one, but yeah... Something's lacking. It's almost like the mold was made for someone else and he was forced into it. (We know it's not Bumblebee.) Cliffjumper might be the only use for this mold when they designed it and planned it out. Just saying that there's enough "off" that he doesn't quite feel right to me, either.

Love him all you want. I promise, no one's trying to take that from you. At all. If someone enjoys a figure in this line, more power to 'em. I'm certainly going to.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    They're picking and choosing G1 toy or toon deco, issue is it's not consistent.

15. ADavis

ADavis Well-Known Member

With the look of the shield/backpack I would say he is a premold for a throttlebot. Judging from the Starrion like alt mode my money is on Searchlight.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 2fabdad

My money is on bumble bee while they still have the rights to the VW bug

17. SinisterSpinister

SinisterSpinister Violently Neon

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I doubt we'll get a licensed figure in ER, CHUG just doesn't do licensed stuff. Plus we know Cliff won't be made into Bee.

• Like Like x 3
  18. 2fabdad

Sad Christmas... hopefully megatron is G1 accurate

19. kwanzaabot

kwanzaabot Well-Known Member

I like how Cliffjumper's backpack is actually a removable shield. That's cool.

But... those clown shoes, man.

(Bolded) Has that actually been confirmed? Because I would fully expect a yellow Cliffjumper with a new head and maybe a Camaroesque black stripe to make an appearance at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SinisterSpinister

SinisterSpinister Violently Neon

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    If “G1 accurate” means a gun alt mode you’re almost definitely out of luck.

Gallery and Video for Transformers Earthrise Reveals and Hasbro Panel from #NYCC2019

“Cliffjumper is his own mold and not meant to be Bumblebee down the road.”

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2020