Transformers Generations: War for Cybertron Earthrise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see a problem with revisiting old popular designs. Infact this is kind of what I want from a neo G1 line. Adding articulation to an older design. Additionally this is a double nostalgia hit. Some of us might fondly remember the emergence of Classics, and well I'm happy to see an updated classics Starscream. I'd love to see G1 treated this way.

rK2cFeS.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

It’s less about the classics mold reuse and more about that annoying cone kibble
    Behind his head Which is still very visible with no way to hide it short of just breaking it off, tetra jet Starscream is perfection in that regard

3. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my response isn't just to you, but the many who derride it correctly for being a copy of Classics Starscream. But specifically the back kibble:

f4b32b6c-5fab-4138-a749-7efbd7516b07.jpg 5FEB37DB-127C-4885-90AF-68C11E92EC62.jpeg

No more noticeable than Prime's windvane, Megatron's treads or Spinister Tail.

• Like Like x 9
  4. rcho

rcho Well-Known Member

Why couldn't they make the wind turbine in Starscream transform to accurately look more like a jet? This was one of my biggest gripes about the seeker molds!

5. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully the nose cone and/or hinge will not be pinned in so that they can just pop off when displaying him in bot mode...oh no, partsformer. Honestly, I love the look of starscream. Siege was very awesome but the head seems off. This one looks dead on to the cartoon model.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nagatem

from the front it’s literally Staring you in the face maybe if they would’ve painted it black on the inside then it would be hidden more by his head, And for those angles yeah it’s not very visible but what is, visible are those gaping empty sides in his torso, That can’t be healthy for him

7. Nagatem

that’s why I swapped his head with thundercracker, much nicer head,
    I don’t hate the mold, I just hate that part
    If it can pop off then praise unicron/primus

I actually have the figure pre-ordered and I’m excited for it I’m just mad about that part

8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    This. For some characters it might be nice, but most toys have basically older toys that look a lot better, only that the new toy has maybe more articulation.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument Of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I really want to see a modern reinvention; make Prowl a motorcycle in realistic form. No more Megatron as a tank. Keep the characters alive, but explore new visual identities while staying true to the character.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Exactly. For example, I like the redesigns the Seekers have gotten over the years but I always want them to dip back to the classic F-15 design every few years. I mean, we haven’t had that specific design at a deluxe or larger size in 12-ish years.

We’ve never had a modern G1 prime, just redesigns. So, it’s fun to get the nostalgic BUT awesome original design once in a while.

I think once Hasbro feels they’ve exhausted the super nostalgic designs they’ll go back to reimagining again. It’s cyclical.

• Like Like x 5
  11. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Prowl was a motorcycle in TFA, Magatron a Helicopter, I think that worked great in TFA

• Like Like x 4
  12. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    But I have to say that I still prefer the Deluxe design of the Seekers to the new molds, they had some more curves to them and the new molds look blockier than the G1 toys. It would really take a supreme paint job with metallic paint and chrome to get me to upgrade to the voyager mold. I would love the toon look in regards to the paint and would have gotten them, if the mold looked better. I don't know why they made everyone so extremely blocky. I'm just re-watching G1 again and while they had blocky designs, no one was really ever SO blocky. They always had their blocky designs rounded out a bit here and there, just like the classics molds. I don't see anything from Siege or Earthrise as upgrades, only as downgrades.

But I thought yesterday, when I had the boxes of Animation Style Megs and Optimus in my hands again, that if they were to release a 3-pack of Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp in that style and maybe a 3-pack of Jazz, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker in that style, maybe I would bite. As of now I don't have really a place where Animation Style Megs and Optimus fit in to. But if I had a complete collection in that style... Then I could have a Classics collection in modernised and a cartoon looking collection. That'd be cool. That way I would not see the new figures as something that would upgrade older figures, I would see it as a new collection (for which I don't have room yet, but would find a way to make room).

Btw.: I would love either a modern Rodimus Prime that's either like MP-09 in Voyager scale or a modernised version that incorporates both G1, IDW and Energon into a new design (racing truck and heroic bot mode). I would most probably want to have both :D 

To be honest, I preferred when Classics was an amalgamation of all the previous incarnations into a new figure. But with the elements of the most popular incarnation more prevalent in the design of the bot mode. That way I could have my modern G1 collection but also think of all the other TF shows I loved.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ramberk Magnus

I have Classics Starscream standing on my desk right now. It’s a wonderful design but I think the new voyager seekers definitely improve on it. Mostly with regards to the articulation and with scale. The Classics Seekers scale with no one. You end up resorting to 3P for the rest of your Decepticons when you use this mold for the Seekers.

I do think the robot design slightly edges out the voyager designs in some ways.

To each his own. The ‘06 Seeker is incredibly fun and beautiful. You can’t replace it but you can certainly have a worthy alternative with Siege and likely with ER (IMO).

• Like Like x 3
  14. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because TFW has always front-paged the first "in hand" images, even back when that meant potato-quality pics taken by some factory worker. This is just more of that.

15. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Do we know for a fact that reviewers like Primevsprime, Chu, Ton Ton and ki li, lili, Ryan are using stolen merchandise?

16. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    well, the items arent for sale yet, so yes

• Like Like x 4
  17. Ramberk Magnus

See, that’s the assumption but we don’t know. It could be a discarded sample or a gift to a factory employee. There even might be some arrangement where a few samples are given away because management knows employees can make a little bit of cash throwing them on EBay. And the quantity is small enough that Hasbro turns a blind eye.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    that would still be stolen merchandise

• Like Like x 2
  19. Nagatem

if toy story was real

autobot toys : upset that they were acquired through illegal means

Decepticon toys: yes!, they are one of us!

• Like Like x 4
  20. PositivelyKen

PositivelyKen One Man Gestalt

Sorry, this Prime looks goofy as hell. :lol 

• Like Like x 4