Transformers Generations Vol. 2 Magazine Scans!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Samus_Ng, May 16, 2009.

1. shortround

shortround Banned

i cant see the pics

2. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Wow!! Those ships rock!!! I love the look of them, its too bad I have never seen them before.

3. Zarscream

Zarscream Well-Known Member

I CANT SEE THEM EITHER !!!! TT____TT cry cry cry!!!

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The Boats are the stand out ones to me the 12 part combiner seems a logical extention of the Micromaster 6 teams -but does not seem to show the individual robot modes with out individual robot modes it's more of an early Diaclone toy than a Transformer and seems less worthwhile to me.

That concept might work if it was an exo-shell that 2 existing 6 teams could fit into perhaps with a new Head character to control the whole thing.

I think some ofthe pictures are not displaying I can't see the watches.

There was a Galvatron and Ultra Magnus watch released in the past though I remember.

5. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    The gray and red battleship looks just like Man-O-War. At least the vehicle mode.

Pretty interesting stuff there.

That base that combines with the 12 cars to form the super gestalt, reminds me a bit of Courageus, also from GoBots. Could it be that the cars were just going to be any Micromaster previously released? Though I guess the arms wouldn't support that theory.

-airfox

6. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    No? Yes?

7. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

The name refers to the Japanese battleship Yamato (and namesake of the Yamato class ships) that was part of the armada that faced off against the USS Enterprise carrier group at the battle of Midway. (The Yamato served only as the command ship and did not participate in the battle itself. In fact the Yamato only participated in battle once, and was called off before it could be destroyed. It was later sunk while attempting to ram another ship.)

There's popular anime featuring a space-faring version of the ship and the name was also used for the sister ship of the USS Enterprise(D) in Star Trek: The Next Generation as a way of showing how Earth had its settled past differences.

This particular design sort of matches the Yamato class battleship but neither the original battleship nor the anime model (nor the Galaxy Class starship for that matter) had those extensions on the side. (They're like "swimmies" for a ship, how cute. Maybe he's the nautical version of G1 Silverbolt. I shall name him "Silverboat.")

8. Fago

Fago Encore enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Makes me want to study Japanese...

9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can't find a better place to put this....

I can't read Japanese either but ....

At the end of the Movie exclusive repaints section in TF Generations 2009v2 there's a table (p45) I'd already worked out that down the side was a list of the dlx & larger repaints (missing out Divebomb) The list on the left looked like a list of G1 toys -> the years were the clue and the occasional ref to 2010 next to them made me think of series names. So I dug out Generations v1 and using the years as clues hunted for the matching toys. The results were somewhat surprising .... Included are page referance to the original version of TF Generations so you can check my matching of the Kanji

Wingblade - Springer (TF Generations p15)
    Inferno - MM Tote (Japanese Version, p66)*
    Big Daddy - MM Big Daddy (Japanese Version, p72, look under the text for MT2)
    Grindcor - MM Crush Bull (from Six Builder, p75)
    Breakaway - Getaway (Japanese Version p42)
    Jetstorm - Octane (p19)
    Mudflap - Erector (Japanese Version, p67)
    Jolt - Jolt (p83)
    Crankcase - Crankcase (p38)

Divebomb isn't listed.

Fracture is listed but it points to some text which has a comment pointing to something in 1980. Not sue what

* interestingly the same kanji is beside the western version of Flak on p50

So what are the basics based on then ?