Transformers Generations Scoop

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by unicronic, Dec 18, 2013.

1. TGCLightGuard

TGCLightGuard FOR THE ROYALTY!

Ebay:
    Bought my Scoop a week ago. I loved the crap out of it. Then the cab broke off at the pinned hinge. Now I'm at a dilemma. Do I buy another one (Which isn't hard. They're frickin' everywhere around here) or do I try and figure out how to fix it? I pulled the pin out and Superglued all the broken bits together, but I don't think they'll survive the pin being put back in.

Advice?

<EDIT>So I reinserted the pin, and it looks okay, but I don't think the glue has cured yet...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  2. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Bring it back and do an exchange. No sweat, no extra money spent. Yours must be bum because this isn't a common issue.

3. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

If that doesnt work out, then i would buy another and return the broken Scoop.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I got Scoop (and Lockdown) for $10 today, and I'd really, really like him except for two things: the swivel the arms sit on for the kind of needlessly overthought Transformation has no locking at all, and since that swivel is weaker than the arms, posing him sucks. And the backpack doesn't lock or tab together at all.

Eh, only paid $10, but still, kind of wish these really-easy-to-solve-at-the-design-stage problems didn't exit.

5. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Picked him up a short while ago. I had wanted this toy for a while and I think it certainly lives up to the hype I gave it.
    The transformation is fun in that it is rather quick and easy to figure out but went in a rather neat, possibly different direction. The vehicle mode suits my tastes, with the orange scoop and black hinges attached to it appeal to me aesthetically. It rolls rather well too.

The robot mode is what got me interested in it, I like all the molded detail and the painted blue on the chest. The articulation is pretty good, the shoulder design does restrict him raising his arm completely up. He also lacks ankle roots but those are unneeded for me. Everything is pretty tight on it even if the legs need a small amount of force to move the legs. Also, one last praise of the main figure goes to the head and face which I like the details and expression of.

Caliburst and Holepunch are quite a bit of fun for me to mess around with, even if they only have articulation at the shoulder. I typically pose them independently of Scoop because these little guys peeking from behind the heels of giants looks good. The individual painting and sculpting on these little guys is pretty impression, giving them the impression of individuality even with the exact same transformation and articulation.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I love how G1-ny Scoop is. G1's far from my favourite aesthetic, but I can always appreciate when a toy nails it's chosen aesthetic. He's way more intricate than he needs to be, and has good weight despite looking like he could be cheap.

7. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Sorry for dragging this thread up from the depths, but does anyone know what alternative guns fit this figure best? The targetmaster ones really don't fit the aesthetic of my Wreckers display.

8. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I don't have an answer other than maybe one of the many genero-guns we've gotten lately (Titan Returns Quake's rifle maybe?), but I'm always happy to see the under-loved Thrilling 30 Scoop thread pop up!

• Like Like x 2
  9. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

I just got through Siege Springers add-on parts from Matrix Workshop, but I have to say, it looks far better shared with Generations Scoop... and he finally has a weapon befitting a Wrecker.
    20191210_024448.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    similarly, I bet the Gatling gun that comes with Astrotrain would work pretty well.