Transformers - Generation 1 Officially Confirmed For Hub

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    (Given that (thus far) The Hub is only for North America), most people in this thread would either already have the series on DVD or have the option to purchase the recent Shout! Factory's DVD set (I presume), I don't understand the excitement.

2. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    I cant believe the amount of g1 haters. Dont these people realize that this cartoon is what started it all. If it wasnt for this there wouldnt have been those ******ed movies (sarcasm)

3. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    I think you are confusing criticism with hatred. I would say most fans who enjoy Transformers across the spectrum of the franchise just don't consider the Sunbow cartoon to be the greatest Transformers fiction ever made.

4. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    it was back in the 80's. it wouldnt be as technologicly advanced as cartoons today. i still enjoy the g1 cartoons and im a 90's baby.:rolleyes2 :lol 

5. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    What does technology have to do with this? What matters with regard to quality is how well it is written and developed.

6. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Nothing really, but my daughter, my nephews and my friends kids only watch G1, and occasionally animated. As piss poor as the show is, kids like it more. I don't personally know anyone that would say A-E-C is better, and well, thats about all the shows there are.

Beast Wars may be the best written, but it is still filled with cheesy crap. Again I don't know any "kids" that like it. I also don't like rats, dogs-birds, buffalo's and stink bugs as my transformers in cartoon or toys but that's just me. Of all the shows though animated and Beast Wars are the ones I would watch if aired.

7. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I would have preferred another TF cartoon series besides G-1 on the hub. I just can't see the older G-1 cartoon series attacting a newer age younger kids audience. the G-1 cartoon had horrible animation even for that time period. most of the stories were to self contained. Season 3 & season 4 at least had some connecting episodes,more edgier characters & a darker feel to it. I'd like to see the 1986 movie broken up into 3 or 4 parts & shown on the hub after season 2 ends & before season 3 starts.

I honestly think beastwars would do a lot better on the hub. due to the CGI being so cutting edge & advanced. the characters were also fleshed out more. the series was written well & had more connecting story arcs. I think beastwars is still able to attract a new age of younger kids.

I'd love for the japanese headmaster cartoon to get better dubbed & appear on the hub.

8. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    that and it was the first series. the first season of avatar the last airbender wasnt as well written (in my opinoin) as the sencond or third seasons.:2c: 

9. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I don't think you are thinking like a kid. The 3rd and 4th season were total flops back in the day and killed the show, and the kids I know still don't like it. They love season 1, 2 and the 86 movie. They like animated, they like the new movie when they are a bit older. Kids will like beastwars I agree with that, like ages 8-9+, anyone younger and G1 and animated will be popular.

10. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

The cruel mistress of nostalgia strikes again. with commericals

11. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It should only figure that this fandom could make an issue out of this.

Well there is this thing called Transformers Prime...

They're just showing some nostalgic toons on the Hub, probably to pad out some of the time slots. It's a neat little thing they're doing for anyone who was a fan back then and maybe for anyone who might want to check out what it all started with.
    I don't think Hasbro is actually relying on these old toons for the success of the whole channel.

12. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The beauty of it is that this is new for those kids who have never experienced it.
    Of course that's your opinion but I just don't see the logic in it. Transformers had no worse animation than Voltron, GI Joe, Thundercats, Silverhawks or any other popular 80's cartoons.
    And that's a good thing. Single stories started and completed in one sitting.
    Based on the current popular kids shows (Ben 10, Phineas & Ferb, Beyblade, etc) I'm not so sure darker and edgier is a good thing.

Cutting edge? Seriously? Watch it again. It's worse than PS1 cut scenes. No child of the PS3, Xbox 360, Avatar, Pixar generation would get excited by the CGI in Beast Wars. And I believe the story would be to convoluted.

I couldn't agree more. Victory and Masterforce, too.

13. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    That would be ME! I have the 25th Anniversary "Matrix of Leadership" DVD set, as well as the 20th Anniversary reissue of TFTM.

14. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i got all of g1 the g1 movie theentire japanese g1 trilogy and zone episode beasdt wars beast machines rid and the entire unciron trilogy and all of animated on dvd already

15. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I might have to upgrade my plan to include a DVR solely for this channel. So much awesome stuff I want to watch - and there hasn't been anything outside of sports (and like 3 shows Fox canceled in their infinite wisdom) on TV I've cared much about for years.

16. SoljaRTT

SoljaRTT Well-Known Member

I'm really interested to see how this will do mixed in with the other programming on HUB. I get the feeling kids will see it and be turned away at how dated it looks. Like some posters before me, those who are probably interested in this are likely to have the series on dvd.

17. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still don't understand this logic. Cowboy Bebop still airs periodically on Adult Swim. I bet most of it's fans already own the DVD's. The Star Wars trilogy airs on cable. Everyone and there mother owns those. Movies and tv shows are constantly airing on network and cable television regardless of how many DVDs have been sold. For me, watching it on TV will be like hanging out with an old friend. All the while a whole new audience will be exposed to it. Maybe I'm the only one here who thinks this is great news.

18. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    You guys are missing the point - most likely because the original poster failed to give all the details as to WHY/WHEN they are showing G1. They are not trying to attract KIDS with it.

They are showing these in the Prime Time slots to attract the parents of the kids to the channel and to appeal to the whole family. They are counting on us old 80s babies to watch this stuff (with our kids by our side) at night while our kids (with us at their side) watch the new stuff in the day time.

That's why they are showing classic GI Joe, Transformers, Doogie Howser, & The Wonder Years!

19. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    From Loesch:

"We want to find programs where there's a little bit of buzz about them," she said, pointing to the anecdotal nostalgia many fans of the original Hasbro series from the 1980s have already shared with her in recent months. "There's other shows out there where, if we can acquire the rights, we'd love to do a retro look back and have wraparounds with some of the original creative talent and voice talent and have a celebration to tell some of the behind-the-scenes stories."

"Vintage flashbacks
    The Hub will exclusively re-air old episodes of the Jim Henson Company's "Fraggle Rock," and is also planning a late-night block of old "G.I. Joe" and "Transformers" episodes to attract parents and young adult males nostalgic for the '80s-era cartoons. Also getting a makeover is "Strawberry Shortcake," the American Greetings character that started a popular line of dolls in the late '80s."

20. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hopefully get to see Japanese Headmasters, Victory Force, and RID on there as well...