Transformers Galaxies #1

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Issy543, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked the issue.

• It has good artwork
    • Gave an interesting history of the Enigma
    • A good description of how Devisation was formed
    • A nice sense of mystery as for the current situation of the Constructicons
    • You could tell a uniqueness between each character
    • And Wheeljack and Teragmax’s guest appearance was great
    Overall, this is a solid addition for the new Transformers continuity.

• Like Like x 12
  2. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

Finally! I am interested in reading again!

• Like Like x 3
  3. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I thought it was pretty good. Interestingly backstory, both with respect to the prior war/rebuilding and what’s happening off Cybertron. I’m not a massive fan of the “enigma” (feels a bit like midichlorians to me) but I thought it was reasonably well implemented. I liked that they’ve built in a general societal suspicion of combiners, which I’m sure we’ll see more of in coming issues.

• Like Like x 10
  4. TeamOptimus

TeamOptimus Well-Known Member

Now THIS is what I’ve been waiting for in the bold new era. Excellent start. The bots have personality. Art is good. It’s leaning heavy on that sci-fi feel that the other series has been using.

Liked how Termagax was hanging out here. I kind of feel bad for her though. If she doesn’t end up being bad herself, there’s got to be a moment after the next war starts that she’s just like “wtf went wrong with my mentee(s)”

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    i know we're reusing lots of stuff from the previous continuity, but the Enigma AGAIN?? Really?

That said, other than that I really liked the rest of this issue. The Constructicons really got the short end of the stick in terms of characterization in the previous continuity, so it's good to see them here with clearly defined personalities right off the bat.

Also i really appreciate the touch of using both Devastator's eyes and the visor look.

• Like Like x 7
  6. TeamOptimus

TeamOptimus Well-Known Member

Yeah, the author is a HUGE constructicon fan (I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone so invested in them going all the way back to the originals) and he said in an interview that he was disappointed with their treatment in the other comics. Honestly, they couldn’t have picked a better writer. I’m happy he gets to tell his story.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Great issue. Nice set up, I’m looking forward to the next one!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I really enjoyed the issue. I think the art is Ramondelliso best work. I feel like they swapped Monstructor for Abominus (which I am cool with). If Abominus is in this comic I hope Devestator towers over him like the way the Titan class figure towers over the Abominus figure. I think Devestator and Predaking should be the biggest combiners.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This was a fast read, but good. I always loved the Constructicons for their personalities and they all got to shine here. No doubt in the past they went berserk and hence they are not allowed to combine. Nice nod at Abominus being the first combiner here.
    Art-wise, much cleaner. Someone must have inked Ramondelli's sketches. But it was a tad annoying that they were so totally based on the toys, Devastator had the pegs on his fists!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Is it bad that I feel...well..bad for the Constructicons? I mean, the momento they are introduced I was like "Noooo!! T___T" becausse..well...its not Anakin/Vader case but..we already know how they end and..they are so nice folks! Man, they are screw up these guys so horribly. :( 

• Like Like x 3
  11. battlefudge

battlefudge Still in the biz...

Just curious, I know the enigma from the last run of comics. Is it really that deep in the mythos? I don't recall it from G1 at all. I don't remember it from the other series either.
    Maybe just shoddy memories.
    Anyway, I liked the characters... I will wait and pass judgement after this gets rolled into the main story.
    One fanfic type thought:
    We have seen Devastator come after Monstructor before. I know the one in this was
    Abominus ].
    But for all intents and purposes it was the same thing. What if you had an autobot combiner, Like Defensor, created first to guard something important. Create rules around combination like you have to be a certain ethnicity of Transformer, or a certain "energon" (blood) type. Then make the Decepticons react to it by building their own.
    I don't know. A lot of rehash in this issue, that I wish had been changed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll toss my hat out there and say it was a pretty run of the mill comic. No complaints - the work is at least solid and it didn't make me wonder why certain choices were made.

This really isn't too far removed from Monstructor being the first combiner, which makes me sad. I was hoping they'd tease that they were making a Monstructor. Oh well.

As a side note, just once I'd like to see the first combiner not be some sort of psychotic mess. Hasbro-mandated restrictions aside, it would have been nice for them to have started off with, say, Road Caesar or some other successes at first, but then subsequent combiner experiments failing for a variety of reasons, i.e. ad hoc combinations, attempts to make them OP, working off of incomplete notes, etc.

IIRC the enigma was first mentioned in the "Aligned Continuity" which consisted of the War/Fall of Cybertron games, Rescue Bots, TF Prime and RID15. It's one of the Prime artifacts held by one of the 13 original Primes (I think Nexus). So to answer your question, it more or less appeared around 9 years ago.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A fabulous issue. I found no qualms to be had with anything and for the first time in history, I find myself actually caring about a Combiner team. Their personalities are very individualized here and all of them are charming. I am also very pleased to see Transformers referring to their minds as neural networks, downloading information straight to their heads, it's the kind of robotics lingo I want to see among sentient robots!

On another note, it was good seeing Termagax back in the day before she went into exile. Wise and revolutionary but not an extremist- I feel she is going to be very disappointed in Megatron once the mainline series unfolds.

Overall, good start for this book and a great setup for the Constructicons.

• Like Like x 7
  14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    People really think this issue’s art is good?

EB87E042-1924-42FA-B130-16DB51FAF965.jpeg CAFAB5EC-F21E-44B8-A264-06B50C8D0B2D.jpeg

15. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Line art's not bad if you ask me. The colors I dunno. Seems kinda dark and busy with all the splotches and whatnot.

• Like Like x 3
  16. B u m b l e b e e

B u m b l e b e e Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not bad! A story where the Constructicons are actually interesting :p 

• Like Like x 1
  17. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 7
  18. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok someone pass me a bowl of crow please. I was highly dubious of this when it was announced but will humbly admit that I like where this first issue is going. The different Constructicon personalities were nicely handled and I love that we were dropped into the middle of their relationship where it actually felt like they have known each other (and come to dislike certain components) for a while. The flashback trope worked pretty well too.
    However I will agree with other posters here that I felt the Engima usage was the weakest part. Continued reliance on such McGuffins is growing tedious and tiresome, and I fear at this point they work to hamstring otherwise good storytelling.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So... if there’s even a chance that Wheeljack is based on a toy, it sure as hell isn't the vehicle mode from MTMTE....

• Like Like x 3
  20. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True, but I actually like the design. It is an interesting combination of old school Lancia mixed with either a futuristic mini-van or a 1990 Pontiac Trans Port, both of which could serve as a direct homage to the G1 Cybertron box.
    wheeljack.jpg

• Like Like x 3