Transformers G2 Dinobots

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Airraid, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Airraid

Airraid Well-Known Member

My brother and I were looking through old Transformers of ours, and we found our old G2 Dinobots. We both had Grimlock, Snarl, and Slag. However, my Grimlock is turquoise while his is solid blue, and my Slag is green, while his is red. I was looking on eBay, and saw that there was a red Snarl variant, but both of ours are green for some reason. Anyway, is there any significantly different price values to the different color variants? Perhaps one color is more rare than the other?

I'm just wondering because nowadays they don't release two of the exact same toy a different color at the same time without usually at least changing the bio or name of the Transformer (for example Animated Bumblebee became a black Elite Guard Bumblebee or something along those lines).

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Teletraan 1 says

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, Grimlock came in grey, blue, and turquoise, while Snarl and Slag each came in grey, red, and green. The greys can be easily differentiated from their G1 counterparts by the G2 logo, as mentioned above.

I tracked down a full set of nine a few years back, and seem to remember it was more difficult to find several of the color variants. Unfortunately, it's been so long I can't recall which, but it's likely the above info Opimus Sledge posted is right on.

4. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Hate to revive a long dead thread, but I'm looking for info about the G2 Dinobots. Were the different colors store exclusives, or were all three available at mass retail? I thought that the silver versions were KB Toys exclusive, or something of that sort.

5. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    All three colors were mass release, they just came out in wildly varying quantities.

6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always kicked myself for not getting the silver G2 Dinobots when I saw them. At the time, I didn't know they were going to be changed to other colors...

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, I still kinda want a green Snarl to go with my green Slag hah

8. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got the green Snarl & Slag when they were released. Had the G1 Grimlock so I didn't get him then. I have bought him in the last few years. Never had Snarl or Slag when I was young so that was the only reason I got them. Both the red and green versions were out at the same time (or at least when I bought them). I just got the green one since I liked that color more. I do remember seeing blue Grimlock at the time.

A little side note: I remember seeing the yellow and orange Contsructicons out at the same time as well. Had the G1 green one so I skipped them.

9. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm looking for the silver G2 Dinobots misb or loose, if anyone has them.

10. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was a kid back then, so the concept of multiple variations was a bit foreign to me. A few years ago I got the Green Snarl and Red Slag, but never got the turquoise Grimlock. That is the rarest, isn't it? Never bothered with the silver versions since they seem to be plentiful on eBay.