Transformers Friendship in Disguise (The Crossover is Real)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by excelhedge, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

*Shrugs* They're still super heros. The genres do mesh.

2. Preach Starscream

Preach Starscream Well-Known Member

Doubtful. That was the thought in the early to mid 90s before Beast Wars came around to really spice things up. Transformers is going on almost 40 years strong. There's plenty of mythology to keep it going for another 40.

3. Preach Starscream

But the tone and aesthetic didn't. And it still worked.

Plus, neither Archie nor Predator are super heroes. And they still crossed over.

4. Venixion

News Credits:

Superheros mesh well together because they're superheros. DC and Marvel have crossovers all over the place.

I've never watched Predator so I can't say.

Transformers would do better crossed with G.I. Joe or M.A.S.K. Its high-tech adventure stories.

MLP would do better with Botbots or Moondreamers. Its cutesy and the latter is fantasy adventure.

5. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Oh god, Flynn's writing this?! This is gonna suck big time.

As a Sonic fan I can only say
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah, if anything, they just did that crossover is because. Ultimately, they were both from the same company, which was an easy thing to do. Plus both franchises are rather popular, given for different but similar reasons.

That seems to be a pattern found in most of these crossovers.

Which kinda makes me wonder if there might be some potential come back of Dreammix TV Fighters. But that requires one big thing... If HasTak gets their hands on Konami and make them actually do old school Konami stuff...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Preach Starscream

So if tone and aesthetics aren't important, why bring them up?

Can't say what about Predator?

Transformers has already crossed over with GI Joe.

MLP will do fine with whatever. It's all in how the story is told.

8. Dinoprime09

Dinoprime09 Well-Known Member

I actually had to think if it was April 1st today for a second there

• Like Like x 1
  9. Venixion

News Credits:

Where did you get that idea from? You are the one insisting that they don't need to matter not me. I said they are superheros and pointed out that DC and Marvel have crossovers all the time.

I can't say anything about Predator, because it is a franchise I know little to nothing about.

I even pointed out which Hasbro properties would do better with the 2 in question.

Again Can does not equal Should. Or that it will do well. Especially for a franchise that Hasbro has been cheaping out on.

10. Preach Starscream

I got that from your own quote. You said they can mesh well due to aesthetics and tone. I pointed out that their aesthetics and tone were nothing alike. But now you're saying all that mattered is that they were the same genre. Which is it?

And yes, you did point out those properties. There's just no reason they're only limited to those. There's plenty to play around with in fiction.

11. Venixion

News Credits:
    I know you know what a superhero is.

I have no idea how you've decided that I think that something within the same exact literary genre equals complete opposites?

What next? Are you going to tell me that Friday the 13th is a completely different tone and genre from Nightmare on Elm Street, which also crossed over and are both about supernatural killers?

At this point, I feel you are trying to be contrary for the sake of it. Because you stretched that baffling argument so far it broke like a rubber band.

12. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    I mean, I guess once you did the Angry Birds crossover, it was bound to happen.

Cool for those who are into it, but this is the absolute LAST thing I want out of Transformers or Transformers comics. I really only have the upcoming '84 mini series to look forward to, as everything since MTMTE for me has been no good. Oh, well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    The end is NEIGH, surely. :lol :

• Like Like x 2
  14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I really hope you two are right. I'm not happy with how Hasbro decides to go the G1 only route since the WFC trilogy and Evergreen designs came to be, because as someone who grew up with a non G1 series I feel very alienated with how little focus and care Hasbro seems to have towards the rest of it's fanbase that also didn't grew up with G1. Also like you guys said the brand has a lot of mythology to explore and use that came after the G1 era and to see Hasbro squandering every chance it has of doing that just to appease both the G1 fans and mainstream people only is beyond wasteful and aggravating. We could be seeing things like a Transformers Animated and Teen Titans 2003 crossover happen but alas we aren't because it doesn't fit into the Evergreen agenda. I hope Hasbro doesn't remember too late that there's also a lot to gain to appease the nostalgia of the other TF fans as well as the G1 fans.

15. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I am surprised it's not Equestria Girls or Bot Bots, but that would make sense.

I'm still interested.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Preach Starscream

No, no. You misunderstand. You said Batman and Green Hornet meshed because as super heroes they have the similar aesthetics and tone. I pointed out that no, they don't. They were very different in both tone and aesthetics. And then you changed it so that all that mattered was that they were in the same genre as super heroes. Again, which is it? Aesthetics/tone or genre that matters?

Being in the same genre does not mean the exact same tone or aesthetics. Superman is in the super hero genre. So is Spawn. But their tone and aesthetics are widely different. In fact, as Friday 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street's franchises progressed, they did in fact have different tones and aesthetics. The hulking, quiet machete slasher stalking in the woods is vastly different from the trash-talking cartoony dream killer. Yet, they still meshed in the crossover (its quality not withstanding).

And let's not descend to petty insults. Be civil.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Venixion

News Credits:

Well, it'll generate tons of puns anyway. If nothing else its good for that. Lol

@Preach Starscream I'm not the one twisting another person's words out of context to try and win an argument. :)  And considering how hot-headed I usually am, I've been incredibly civil.

Telling you you're being contrary and twisting my words on purpose is not the same as an insult.

Superhero is the tone and it works well regardless of how they became heros. Otherwise comic fans would never get crossovers.

Cute high-fantasy (MLP) and hi-tech war stories (TF) are opposites and do not really work well unless under specific circumstances. Such as the toys come to life angle.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Seriously? 50% of the fandom complaining again? xD Come on! This shoould be fun to read! Lets just try to have some fun for a change. :p 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Preach Starscream

I wouldn't worry too much. I think as the G1 fanbase grows older, Hasbro/Takara will focus more on the generations that came later. Especially if people who didn't grow up with G1 start working for Hasbro/Takara. I'm sure like you, they'd like to see more of the characters they grew up on.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nems

Nems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I had fun once and it was awful

• Like Like x 2