Transformers Fans are Not Whiners

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Anguirus, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think the problem is that the attitude is that if you don't like what I like then you are a whiner or a hater. On some occasions the attitude of if you don't like what I like then you are making a personal attack at me also slips in.

I really loved the Robot Heroes line, but just because I loved it every other fans was not required to do nothing but praise the line. Honestly I understand why some fans were frustrated that they did not transform, looked too kiddy, or they couldn't get something they had been looking forward to because Hasbro was putting resources somewhere else.

I really enjoyed Animated but just because some fans found it wasn't to their liking I don't consider them whiners and haters. Maybe everyone wasn't the best at expressing themselves over the internet but I could understand what they were feeling.

Personally I like the mix of positive and negative. Makes it feel like you are free to express yourself around here instead of having to only confine yourself to whatever the popular opinion is at the time. Plus passionate people are more likely to hang around so the place is always lively unlike some other toy/cartoon/comic book/movie forms that just seem dead most weeks.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Here's my take.

All Fandoms have things they don't like and they pick apart on it all the time. If it's not what i like then GTFO.

I mean Star Wars Fandom is worse. The Fans Hate George Lucus for Creating the Prequels(and Jar-Jar) and he's the guy who created them,Ironic huh?

I'm one of the more positive fans who like almost anything. (ROTF BlazeMaster must die!!!!!) :lol 

3. Rodimus Maximus

Rodimus Maximus Liege Ultimo

No, Star Wars fans aren't worse, imo. I'm a huge Star Wars fan as well, and visit a number of SW forums. I actually find on average that there is generally a little less respect for dissenting opinions in TF-fandom. Case in point: one of the earliest posts I made here was derided mockingly, and I had even been respectful in my dissent. Not a big deal in and of itself since this is a forum, but, it fits a pattern I've seen in the bigger TF forums towards critical fans.

Star Wars has it's share of this, don't get me wrong, but I find that dissenters are generally given more respect for their opinions so long as they're making respectable arguments and not trolling. Star Wars OT 'purists' aren't chased into a corner every time they criticize George Lucas for the PT, and yet in TF-fandom, G1 enthusiasts who express themselves are already labeled with that stupid 'Gwunner' whatever. Expressing criticism doesn't mean that it's a personal attack on whomever likes what's being criticized.

Is it people's ages? I don't know, but it's something I'd been wondering on.

I don't deny that there be trolling in both communities, but people with honest dissenting opinions about this that or what-other shouldn't feel like they're going to be marginalized in a fan community.

4. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

That's true, but on the flip side of this coin, we also have fans who feel like they ought to be MAXIMIZED, and that everything that comes out should cater to their every whim.

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And when they don't get what they want, they feel TERRORISED.

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers fans are not whiners....:lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh...*sniff* that is a good one.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Level 1:
    "I don't like this."
    "I wish they made more things that I like."

Level 2:
    "This sucks in every possible way!"
    "They really need to make things that I like."

Level 3:
    "This totally sucks, and anyone that doesn't agree with me about it has something wrong with them!!"
    "They have to stop making things I don't like. and make ONLY things I do like, because that is all that matters!!"

Level 4 is only theoretical, as it involves a level of self-centeredness which would collapse into a singularity and destroy everything within its gravitational pull. ;) 

8. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:

I've run into level 4's often in other venues. I tend to just let my jaw hit the floor on the sheer audacity and mind numbing inducing hate they spatter out, and just carry on like it was just some special child 4 year old rambling.
    The "that's nice dear" approach that parents sometimes do to children. xD

9. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

I agree; we're all complainers. There's a difference between whining and complaining, but it's kinda slim. And hiding behind the 'I can say my own opinion if I want to' reason is kinda weak, without proper information, well-thought out, and spelled properly enough, instead of constant whining and complaining about what's 'wrong' and what 'they should do about it'.

But, I learned that, as you get older, your skin gets harder, and crap just bounces off. I'll give you credit for trying to make things better, however bad it is.

10. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or course everyone is entitled to opinions, but a bit of civility in certain situations would be excellent. We should all discuss with the understanding that people may differ, and may be perfectly alright in doing so. Everyone can express their own opinions without insulting others'.

I admit, I sometimes fall to the trap of opinion myopia, and I simply cannot understand how people may differ. However, considering these message boards allow you to read as you type, and preview and review what has been said, posters really should check that civil discussion is maintained before posting.

Really just my opinion actually, and the fandom as a whole is mostly, really good, so this is not directed to anyone in particular. I'm just addressing the issue of a small minority of intolerant whiners.

11. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

I honestly never noticed any excessive negativity on this forum. It doesn't seem much different from any other forum on the internet.

I come here to share my views on Transformers stuff, whether it's positive or negative, and to read what other people have to say about the same things. But if some other people's posts aren't interesting to me, I just skim over them and don't think about it any further. There's always something more interesting to read further down the thread.

I'm not out to upset other people, but if I do, I don't care very much. Mostly I'll try my best to be civil, but if someone gets offended regardless, it's their problem, not mine.

Hmm, I think the internet in general will be what you make of it for yourself. If you want it to be more civil, then be civil to everyone and don't let anybody else bring you down. Live in your own little bubble where you only respond to like-minded people, unless some unpleasant person addresses you directly, in which case just be very pleasant in your response back, then forget about it. Honestly, if you just ignore everything that you don't like on the internet, it's like it doesn't exist at all. It's just a shame that real life doesn't work like that too, haha.