Transformers Fan Stream May 14th

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BlackHawkOmega, May 8, 2024.

1. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    That’s not terrible. Interesting, really.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Yes - rumour is it's Flame and Xaaron.

I'm hoping they repaint SS86 Perceptor and lose the lens/cannon for Xaaron. Bodywise it's the best fit.

That plus the slightly spiky red bit poking out sure makes me think its Flame.

I wish they'd kept the shoulder wheels where they were as it was more accurate than moving them down to his biceps. Grrr.

His back appears to be slightly mistransformed in those pics - the pods should be behind him, not folded down near the sides.

• Like Like x 3
  3. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    As whelmed as I am by Springer overall, I will say that this is an absolutely incredible face sculpt

1000038943.jpg

• Like Like x 28
  4. Relic Hunter

Relic Hunter Well-Known Member

Retooling does not increase the pricepoint.

Especially not for a retail slot. Even if it were an exclusive, retools still don't increase the price, as Ferak is still a Voyager but has a new chest, a new head, new wings, a new nosecone, and new shoulders, whilst also limited by exclusive budget.

The argument that the new tooling can somehow cause an increase in pricepoints is absurd to me. Surely Metalhawk would have been unable to fit in Voyager price then? Surely Junkheap would have been unable to fit in Voyager price too, same with Scrapheap and Legacy Vector Prime.

• Like Like x 14
  5. Mercurius

Mercurius Lights your darkest hour

Why does Springer have a hammer? I don\'t know why that accessory would be included.

6. HibikiKurosawa

HibikiKurosawa Well-Known Member

Man, I'd love for it to be Emirate Xaaron. Always wanted a figure of him.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

Because he’s a wrecker and that’s their symbol/weapon. Plus they had extra room in the mold. If you listened to the stream you’ll find your answer

• Like Like x 5
  8. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

I was going to say, isn’t the one gun that Magnus comes with specifically Springer’s gun? Maybe they intend for you to give the hammer to Magnus and trade the gun back to Springer?

Did he have a hammer in the comics? Springer I mean.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Hopefully those in hand ebay pics are final, I like how the yellow of the chest is better matched.

Hopefully the green around the helicopter mode is better matched as well.

Last edited: May 14, 2024
  10. Beemer

Beemer Coined "Sunbowner" TM (C) R

News Credits:
    Barely different. I'll keep the old one.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Shaddowtoa

Shaddowtoa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Probably because the number of molds used overall is exceeds the maximum they allow for Voyager because of the retools whereas the retools done on Metalhawk or Ferak don't. I'm not saying this is a good reason or anything, but this is most likely the reason why it's at the leader pricepoint and not voyager.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    It does if the retool adds more molds, total, than Voyagers are budgeted for. Retooling Devcon from Blurr resulted in a Deluxe Class toy that had equal numbers of molds than were started with. Molds were displaced by new ones.

SS86 Springer uses multiple new molds to add complexity, more than there was before. And that means an increase in total molds.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Relic Hunter

Nope, that's a misconception

There is no limitation on allowance of Voyager retools, and I don't know why people think there would be lol. Surely Hasbro would want more retools and reuses, as they are a company after all

• Like Like x 1
  14. Relic Hunter

I'm not exactly sure what this argument means, but I think you mean that potential reuses can cause an increase in price of the base figure

Surely then every Starscream mold would be like $200?

• Like Like x 2
  15. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Too much Siege mold left over on that Springer, and I’m not sure what’s new is actually better. The backpack is definitely looking worse. The Siege mold was fine if rather bland, but (common problem for Siege) overly fiddly in the transformation for what were kinda unimpressive alt modes. Honestly, several of the remold pieces (like the chest) don’t even look that different. And looking at the chart @Sideswipe80 posted up there, doesn’t really look any more animation accurate then Siege, just different in different ways.

T30 still works for me.

Straxus is pretty good, just really desperately wish they had remolded those awful horse-hoof feet. They looked awful on Galvatron, and they still look awful here (but less awful). KINDA would have preferred his all blue deco, but don’t hate on the red. They did an impressive job on his alt mode considering he’s a Galvatron retool (honestly, looks way more cohesive then Galvatron’s did, maybe because of the color scheme)

the one thing I wish they’d managed to retool out his Glvatron’s shoulder pillars, just because those are so specific to him. Wish they had just left off the dumb comic shading, but at least it’s minimized here compared to Grimlock. The package is straight fire. Axe is curiously off-model.

Commented earlier on Bumblebee based on seeing pix on my phone, now seeing him high-res my opinion has nose dived. This is just awful. It’s inaccurate, the Bug nose on a Honda penny racer alt mode is just bizarre, in bot mode the Bug nose almost looks kit-bashed on to his toes, the “ankle” tilt at the upper calf is probably worse then no ankle tilt at all, the headsculpt is puffy and his expression is dour, the mushroom peg wrist looks hella cheap and bad, all the window alignments and bits look really choppy, and emulating the penny racer big back wheels looks particularly goofy at this scale. Would have been nice if his front wheels could fold under.

like a fair number of recent figures, he feels like a fairly simple design that’s been over-engineered to death.

• Like Like x 3
  16. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    no

that's not even remotely what I mean.

Let's say we have a character BotTron who is made up of two molds. His size class requires no more than two molds.
    You can replace one of his molds, creating a toy that's 50% different, but he's still two molds. He's not a different size class.

But if we replace one of BotTron's two molds with TWO new molds for added complexity and additional parts, resulting in a toy that is made up of three molds? He's now too complex for his size class.

That's what happened with Springer.

• Like Like x 12
  17. Shaddowtoa

Shaddowtoa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I think you misunderstood me. When I say "molds", I'm talking about the number of molds used in the conception of the product, not the number of time that figure has been used. let's say that the maximum number of molds a Voyager figure can use is 10, and this Springer used 12. This will probably make him go over their profit margin, and they "need" to put it in the next higher class to profit as much as they want from it.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Relic Hunter

Yeah nope I don't think it's ever been evidenced that there is a maximum number of molds a Voyager can use

It seems like the only limit is degredation

• Like Like x 3
  19. Relic Hunter

This is a vivid hypothetical about factories and production, that we as consumers are simply not privvy to

But even assuming it is true, then the four or five molds of addition (don't see how this could happen since there are not that many changes), then they were not used well enough to fill the budget or make it worth it

The legs are unchanged, for example

• Like Like x 2
  20. JasonTFW2005

JasonTFW2005 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the new era where Voyagers are Leaders and cost accordingly.

• Like Like x 10