Transformers Escape mini series

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by bennydeckersac, Sep 16, 2020.

1. bennydeckersac

bennydeckersac Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Sounds fun.

3. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Essentially Galaxies 2.0 in structure, more or less, but the concept is exciting to me. I always wanted to see a comic like this explored.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dire 51

Dire 51 Line Stepper.

*Ruckley calls the new limited series a cocktail of what he loves most about Transformers.

"I've always thought it would be a pretty terrifying, bewildering experience for aliens – non-Cybertronians – to be caught between warring factions of big transforming robots," he says in the series announcement.*

That question was answered THIRTY SIX YEARS AGO, you effing moron. Please leave Transformers.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Banjo

Banjo Modern Day Canute

I haven't been keeping up with the current IDW comics (got super bored trying the first few issues and gave up) but the description for this series baffled me.

Isn't the entire franchise - from the Sunbow cartoon and Marvel comics to the Bay movies - BUILT on the very concept of "terrified, bewildered, tiny organics (humans) caught up in a war between big transforming robots"?

I mean, maybe they mean a green-skinned, blue-blooded non-human alien race with funny foreheads, but how is that any different from humans being caught up in the war? Unless they're *really* "alien" (energy beings, silicon-based, no emotions, etc.) in which case, how would we identify with them?

I'm just genuinely confused how this could be a pitch that wouldn't be met with laughter or "it's been done". Am I alone here?

EDIT: Just re-read the article and I don't get why "Who are the most dangerous Cybertronians of all?" is tagged on the end of his quote? Does he mean "Are Autobots or Decepticons more dangerous to organic bystanders"? Or "Which Transformers are the most deadly ones?" (answer: the one about to step on you!) Again, haven't both questions been thoroughly explored before too?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I'm looking forward to it. I've been enjoying the main series, meaning more of the same type of storytelling would suit me fine.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Did anyone actually enjoy this series?

I've practically forgotten all that happened in it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

"I've always thought it would be a pretty terrifying, bewildering experience for aliens -- non-Cybertronians -- to be caught between warring factions of big transforming robots. We're exploring the question: Who are the most dangerous Cybertronians of all?"
    Er...like Earthlings? Those non-cybertronians who've been caught between warring factions of big transforming robots since...oh...the 80s? Wtf?

• Like Like x 2
  9. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

Ruckley doesn't like humans. Imagine not liking them so much to the point you try to pretend that the very first literation of TF didn't have humans to be caught between warring factions of big transforming robots.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So... like a third of the fandom and Hasbro right now?

11. GeoSociety

GeoSociety Lowering the Bar

More like taking the "making the fans pleased" route which usually ends up catering specifically the gatekeepers of any fandom.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

That's insane to me. The humans are a huge part of why the story is interesting since it's everyday folks facing the insanity that is Transformers. Budiansky (sp?) did so well balancing the human threads alongside the bot stories. But I guess that's too old fashioned?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rojixus

Rojixus I AM NOT YOUR ENEMY!

Even taking Straxxxus out of the equation, I did not. It didn't go anywhere and at best, could be just a prologue for more antics from Straxxxus which I am thoroughly against.

I never could get into the Marvel human characters, especially during Budiansky's run. Not a single one of them clicked with me for whatever reason.

14. ClatterShards

ClatterShards Well-Known Member

I don't see what's wrong with Ruckley having aliens being apart of the overarching story arc narrative as the War continues to be more destructive. Even though we can relate to Humans more, Humans should not be the
    only sentinent race that faces the horrors of the Cybertronian War. I consider it a nice change of scenery that not only is Ruckley introducing different aliens to the story, but will most likely show the reactions to the ongoing
    War and how some are going to try to prepare for it.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Megs

Megs Well-Known Member

I can understand that but for me personally I feel they're an important part. Sure, the bots need to be the focus but some humans caught in the mix adds to the tension for me since humans could easily die in the crossfire thus upping the stakes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Plus it sets up the rest of the universe eventually turning against the Transformers, like Sentinel and Optimus warned that they would.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    In this continuity, aliens have BEEN developing anti-cybertronian weapons, "just in case". The Thraal almost killed everyone on Sentinel's ship before the war even started! We're DEFINITELY gonna see that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Also, this threat from the aliens will probably justify a genocidal expansion of the Decepticon War Machine against all organics. As of right now, the Decepticons don't seem to be concerned with the aliens one way or another. Something is going to happen to concretely turn them against organics, most likely some kind of successful attack (knowing how Megatron gets down though, it's just as likely to be a false flag attack that his people orchestrated or at the very least provoked as a legitimate one)

One thing that Ruckley took pains to make clear though is that Transformers are not actually safe against other advanced alien races. We saw Quake destroy the voin asserter, but he was also one of the strongest and most violent Transformers, and he was severely wounded in the process. The thrall AI bomb almost killed a Titan and everybody on the ship!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1