Transformers: Escape #3

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Issy543, May 18, 2021.

1. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With this issue finally coming out, we get quite a lot of content from this issue:

• Skystalker zaps Onslaught and flies of to do their own mission.
    • Dai Atlas tells Hound what he did prior to being awaked.
    • The Insecticons are making a plan to be the hunters.
    • Hydradread and Rage are being sent to a techno-war.

Can’t wait to see how this all ties up!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Wizardofcozz

Wizardofcozz Well-Known Member

Not sure where they are taking Dai Atlas but feel he jas some important role to play with them bringing him into story, maybe something similar to how cerebros was portrayed in The Rebirth. The insecticons are their own faction like always sometime nominally affiliated with Megatron and decepticons really enjoying their portrayal interesting take on them.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how entertaining Dai Atlas is going to turn out to be if they keep running with the "doesn't want to fight or contribute" angle. I do hope we get to see him with some more agency than this. In IDW1, when Autobot Megatron swore off violence he still took a tactical role delegating from afar, I can hope that Dai Atlas could at the very least fulfill a similar capacity. I do think he's interesting though, in the sense that he's been given a unique source for his pacifist nature that is tied to the worldbuilding, and goes beyond the "I have seen so much death... no, I simply can't do war anymore!" that we saw in IDW1. Maybe it's because I've been really into Morrowind Lore lately, but I'm warming up to the idea of Gods or Godlike beings being involved in some capacity. Like it's not what I prefer for Transformers, but I'm not totally against the idea of them like I used to be. Maybe for the old universe, but for this one I'm open to it.

I am hyped for Rage and Hydradread. Rage is one of those obscure characters that I really like due to that funpub text story about the stormtroopers stealing Metrotitan and because I just dig his design. Hydradread is such a joy already thanks to the art. I'm not always a fan of this art but it does have many pros. Hydradread's immediate appealing nature is definitely thanks to that.

Hound is once again the most refreshing protagonist for this kind of story. Wheeljack was also nice in this. The scene where he gets the Aovian kids to stop playing on Leviathan's nose was cute, and the reuniting with Gears was also nice. It's just refreshing to see these classic Autobots acting like classic Autobots, in that they're just nice, comfy people to follow and be around.

Interesting that Skywarp was apparently the basis for the Seeker body-type. It's about time we're learning more about him. I'm still curious as to whether the Insecticons are just an episodic villain or if they are going to factor someway into the larger story with Exarchon somehow.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Wizardofcozz

It's seems like we are getting a slow drip of the War of the Three-fold Spark, and I'm definitely feeling that they are laying the groundwork for some really important stuff in later issues.

• Like Like x 4
  5. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Rage and Hydradread? In a Transformers comic in 2021? it's more likely than you think! RCO024_1621451849.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  6. Gladius

Gladius Massive Tool

Twitter:
    I think that this whole immersion and "afterlife" part will be very relevant later, with planet harvesting machine corrupting Cybertron, the earthquakes and things Dai Atlas has said earlier, in #2.
    It's also surely related to either IT or Exarchon or both somehow.
    Nice issue by the way. I would like it if the A'Ovans stayed relevant since they indirectly add some additional layer of space politics to this. Or at least funny some actions in the background.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I wonder if well get a full flashback issue set during the war?

• Like Like x 1
  8. big420atx

big420atx Member

I can not believe I missed this one. So far things have been picking up.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I can't believe it's been three months since issue 2. What is going on with IDW here?

Good issue. I remain intrigued by Dai Atlas's experience and how he struggles to explain it. The Insecticons have never been as vile and creepy as they are here with their single-minded focus on eating everything in sight. They're essentiallly cannibals who don't mind branching out into organic life as well. Hound is the perfect protagonist for this story. For a middle chapter, a lot happens here. We get characterization, plot advancement with the Insecticons, and information about why the Seekers all have the same body type.

• Like Like x 4
  10. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

CaioSilvatheScreamerFan Destron New Leader

Facebook:
    I didn't expect Skywarp to be the first one or them all being clones, the latter im not a huge fan of
    Something interesting to note, while nobody managed to replicate Skywarp's abilty, some Seekers ended up having powers of their own, such as the Rainmakers
    So Shockwave was in cahoots with Exarchon, that explains why he was exiled, i don't recall that being exposed earlier in the story

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wizardofcozz

And Megatron has been in cahoots with Shockwave for we don't know how long. Makes me wonder what the importance of the Exarchon is and if he will show up or he is someone else in disguise.

12. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

Facebook:
    and they were on opposite sides during the Threefold Spark war
    None of the flashbacks so far clarified if he died right ?

13. Wizardofcozz

I don't believe so. I'm under the impression he had like 3 sparks (don't know what that means yet), is it going to be like a Voldemort thing, where his body was destroyed and they think he's dead but one of his sparks still lives somewhere else?

14. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

Facebook:
    Yeah they haven't explained why it's called Threefold Spark

15. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

The main comic confirmed, or at least heavily implies that he's still alive during Orion's Matrix vision.

16. CaioSilvatheScreamerFan

Facebook:
    Huh i have to read those panels again

17. Wizardofcozz

I believed it's mentioned when Orion goes in the Matrix, that Exarchon has not rejoined his spark(s) to the matrix/well of allsparks.

18. kahlowave

kahlowave Active Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    hello tfw2005 uhh forum i love this series and all i have to say is:

PXL_20210522_020606420.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210522_020601972.MP.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-21 221142.jpg

i wish 2 see more of him pls

f0a150cb643ab8e32bb882ac26e7fa08.gif

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Bee427

Bee427 Still here and queer

• Like Like x 2
  20. kahlowave

kahlowave Active Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    ah omg i havent touched my blog in ages. all my robot art is on twitter, i just use tumblr to redirect to commissions :')

thanks so much! i gotta post my robo drawings on here sometime in my own thread, i keep putting it off lol

• Like Like x 2