Transformers Earthspark Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Cliffjumper, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    In general, I'd say it's on par with Animated and better than Prime, but I have a lot of issues with both of those shows. Earthspark does skew slightly younger with it's lessons and tone, but there's also some pretty mature stories that the show tells in some of it's episodes.

• Like Like x 7
  2. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's got kiddie moments and episodes for sure but there's some surprisingly heavy stuff. Lament of actions and consequences from them, maimed veterans, lost allies, and xenophobia. the two parter that closed out the first crop of episodes began with a very chaotic action scene from the human perspective. Even a whimsical mother's day episode has an at random body horror bear in the middle of it.

I can't lie there is some goofy child friendly stuff so I'll say that this is the kind of show that's good to introduce your kids to transformers without it being too child friendly like Rescue Bots but isn't as heavy as Prime. If you're not sold on it by the first 10 episodes it might not be for you from an adult only perspective.

• Like Like x 8
  3. WatermelonSpectacles1

WatermelonSpectacles1 Average Beast Wars Megatron Enjoyer

News Credits:
    just finished part b, still didn't feel like a season finale, will there be a part c?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yes, leaks say there's about 26 episodes. Final batch should be the last eight or ten episodes.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Mechman42

Mechman42 Queen of Sound

News Credits:
    do we know if season two is greenlit?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nightstrike

Nightstrike A user not worth your time.

Yes. Supposedly due next month.
    Yes. Got announced months ago.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yes, Paramount has said there will be a second season.

• Like Like x 7
  8. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    You know what would get Earthspark extra points? If we finally got a Shattered Glass episode.

• Like Like x 11
  9. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Ok good, I thought I was going crazy and not the only one who thought that. Anyone got a date or timeframe for part c?

And yeah, honestly really curious to see where this show goes in seasons 2 and beyond. It's definitely one of the better shows, but some TF shows have been mixed, some start out strong and get meh, others start out not the greatest but get really damn good. I still think it's way too early to truly rank this show. Yes, i think it is by far the best thing since Prime and Animated, but for me at least, it hasn't topped those yet, and I need a few more seasons to make that claim and judgement.

Man, I truly do hope they start adding some of the more obscure characters cause i got a list I want to see. Definitely looking forward to the next batch and season but I swear to fucking God, if I get Netflix trilogy-ed again, someone's getting fucking punched.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Nightstrike

• Like Like x 3
  11. optimalsupreme

optimalsupreme Well-Known Member

I guess you prefer the kiddy stuff

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I can’t speak for them though I do enjoy this series far more than Prime as well. I say this as someone that watched all of TFP as the episodes premiered.

The kiddy stuff comment though is ridiculous. In Animated the Autobots had to created a living weapon of mass destruction to save themselves from the Decepticons. Characters like Ratchet had PTSD and guilt over what happened in the war. We had the case of Wasp, who had his life ruined by Bumblebee due to Shockwave framing him as a spy. We also had Blurr finding out about Shockwave and was later trapped and crushed into a cube by him. Can’t forget the entire tragic history between Optimus, Sentinel, and Elita-1/Blackarachnia. Then there’s Lockdown, who mutilated his victims by taking parts of their body to upgrade himself.

Now with Earthspark, it’s showing some pretty mature themes and dark moments despite it’s appearance too and we’re still in season one. So who knows what will transpire in the future seasons.

• Like Like x 10
  13. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I prefer the all ages stuff that isn't overly pretentious. BW is by far my favorite series. My biggest issue with Prime is that it absolutely squanders nearly every interesting plot in favor of fetch quests. The staff behind the show was so combative towards Hasbro and the shows story bible that they outright said that the Nemesis wasn't Trypticon despite every other piece of media from the aligned continuity stating otherwise and the Nemesis was shown to have a dormant sentience in Prime. The show was also relatively low stakes, none of the Autobots except Cliffjumper were ever in danger. Bulkhead's "permanent" injury was resolved in a few episodes. Prime was not mature in any way, it was pretentious with a meandering "plot" and the fact that you have the gall to be judgemental towards my own preferences is pretty insulting. At least Earthspark has a plot that seems to be leading somewhere other than the status quo. The only places where Prime truly excels is that it had a fantastic voice cast and was beautifully animated, but even then, the world of Prime was barren and lifeless compared to Earthspark.

My issues with Animated are that several characters don't really develop as they should, repeating the same mistakes after they get entire episodes dedicated to them learning their lesson (most notably with Bumblebee and Sentinel).

• Like Like x 12
  14. Omegaclaw

Omegaclaw HGFDJUYIYFTDRGYUIYGFTDX

News Credits:
    Yes, yes, ABSOLUTELY YES. I’M STILL WAITING!!

• Like Like x 7
  15. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Sad it’s never been done (and was scrapped from Animated) it’s such a cool concept and would also maybe even help awareness and sales for the repaints. And it’s a simple premise and easy to do, doesn’t even require new models, just repaint the ones you have and boom part of the work is already done. Would be interesting to see done.

Would different since probably for ES’s SG universe, the war could still be going on, giving a lesson even more to the new Terrans. To know the horrors of war first hand and try to avoid it again.

Honestly a whole arc involving multiverse travel would be amazing.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Omegaclaw

Omegaclaw HGFDJUYIYFTDRGYUIYGFTDX

News Credits:
    It’d be a really cool idea for SG ES. Megatron but he went from good to bad, GHOST being actually good, non-xenophobic Mandroid, evil terrans, (the first thought i had was homophobic nightshade but that one is just poor taste)

• Like Like x 4
  17. Nightstrike

And to add to that, the writers had completely different intentions for certain things, but most fans interpreted them the exact opposite way. Prime was decent, but by no means perfect, and like its "sequel" it had no clue how to properly delve into characters' personalities for more than an episode a time

• Like Like x 4
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Absolutely

• Like Like x 2
  19. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Didn’t even think about Mandroid, that would be cool to see. And yeah the Terrans would he evil which would be horrifying for our normal Terrans to see.

I was thinking the one that would switch (if he where to) would be Optimus.
    RID15 didn’t know what it was. Above everything else it made continuity worse.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I only partly regret to inform you that pretty much 90% to 95% Transformers output is for kids.

• Like Like x 16