Transformers Earthspark Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Cliffjumper, Feb 24, 2022.

1. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    IMO yes. It gets better as the episodes go on. Loving Megatron in the show.

2. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    You can see the first two episodes on YouTube for free.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  3. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the first note I would say those are people are straight up blind, or forgetting how good that volcano fight actualy was. That fight literally begins with a completely weightless and goofy "gun kung fu" where Optimus and Megatron look like children gingerly playing with toy guns (that theyre aiming nowhere in particular) and the general swings are so stiff. The only genuinely good part of that fight is the wheel thing Optimus does, but it's not enough to make up for the short comings.
    ROTF fight is is well done but I think it's unfair to compare Hollywood budget to a TV cartoon, but that's my fault for not specifying "best fight in a cartoon".

4. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Does anyone else like Alex a lot more than they expected?

Like the Bumblebee fanboy thing at first comes off as just a cheeky nod to Bumblebee's career as the face of the brand, but he has some seriously genuine moments, and him wanting to teach his kids about their traditions and go out for family picnics and stuff were really endearing. Also when he worries about Dot, and how he thought he lost her back in the war. (Also Dot lost a foot, despite the war being over you can still feel its weight pretty heavily in this show).

• Like Like x 9
  5. Venixion

News Credits:
    Megatron being so happy-sappy and chummy with both Optimus and human beings feels very, veeeeery weird. Wrong somehow.

I like the emotion gauntlets, had kind of a mega man zx feel. Though i predict it'll cause bickering and more dangerous problems down the road. As cartoons tend to go.

I do like Thrash and Twitch a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    I think of the fights they've had I feel like TFP's Volcano fight was the best Optimus vs Megatron fight in the show, and probably my favorite the two have had.

For cartoon fights in TF history the Nova Storm, Skywarp vs Megatron and Prime is one of the, if not the best we've gotten for a overall fight.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DinobotPrime

DinobotPrime Well-Known Member

Just finished watching all available episodes, and I can say that so far I’ve enjoyed it. I think it’s better than Cyberverse season 1, but that show got better as it went along, so we’ll see how Earthspark compares to it after 3 seasons or so. I enjoyed the first two episodes and the last 3 a lot. The rest were definitely filler, but no worse than anything in RID15, which is completely mid in my opinion. The last 3 episodes are great imo and the fight scene vs the seekers needs to be seen, it’s easily the best action scene in any cartoon since prime! Megatron’s fusion cannon body slam is one of my favorite things I’ve ever seen. As much as I loved Cyberverse the action scenes weren’t necessarily a strong point for me.
    As for the new characters I really like Twitch, she’s a lot of fun and idk if it’s just me but I sorta get Rescue Bots Academy Whirl vibes from her, which is always a good thing. As for Thrash, I get RID15 Sideswipe vibes, which is less of a good thing. I can’t really comment on the other terrans as I haven’t really seen enough to form an opinion on them. I really enjoyed Hashtags accent she takes on as a decepticon, but other than that they don’t stand out much. I can’t be the only one reminded of marvels Snowflake and Safespace with the name Hashtag right? As for the elephant in the room, I personally don’t mind if an alien robot is genderless, but I hope they flesh Nightshade’s character out more so there’s more to talk about that just their chosen pronouns. I felt the moment in question was kinda clunky and awkward, but OP’s response was pretty great and it didn’t affect my enjoyment at all(unlike some others apparently). I don’t want to get involve in the politics of everything so that’s the most I’ll say.
    OP and Megatron are great so far and I’m excited to see where the GHOST storyline goes.
    The Maltos are all pretty enjoyable, but the standout is Alex in my opinion. So far he’s my favorite human character since Sari(don’t get technical you know what I mean).
    Dani Pudi is streets ahead as Bumblebee
    Overall I’m extremely excited to see where the rest of the show goes!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Whomps

Whomps The World's Okayest User

News Credits:
    Alex has definitely been one of the biggest and most surprising highlight so far

• Like Like x 2
  9. Nate98

Nate98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly IMO I think the flights in Earthspark, especially the ones in episodes 9 and 10 are absolutely the best in the franchise and easily surpass the forest fight in ROTF, which I always felt suffers from the usually mess the bay fights tend to be and Optimus being too aggressively violent. It even surpasses the Prime volcano fight, which is fine. It has some cool moments here and there but rather slow in areas and jesus I forgot how much Prime overused slow mo in the fights, it's kinda annoying and obvious.

Also I totally agree, I love how they're creative with the uses of weapons like Megatron's Fusion canon to body slam Nova Storm and Primes axe, where he's still showing restraint by using it to hook the seekers rather than slash at them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    I still think it’s good my only big problem really again is Megatron is so weak in that fight and that he needs two others to overpower Prime. So I don’t love it as much as others.
    The slomo is a little much. Also while I like the fight and many moments in S1. You can tell compared to S2 and especially S3 that they where new to this style of animation and it got better over the seasons.
    Just so many creative moves. The shot of Megatron transforming and firing missiles along with the continuous no cut shot if following Skywarp spin towards Optimus where great and kinda felt out of a movie. And yeah the fights in Ep. 9 where great as well.

I can’t wait to see what else we do.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Making a character essentially a Transformers fan who got plucked into a Transformers show is a nice character basis.

Also interesting going back through earlier episodes, Dot's prosthetic leg is actually shown off nonchalantly a couple times before the proper "reveal" when she's talking to Mandroid.

• Like Like x 5
  12. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    He was a little much for me but I do like the idea of having a actual TF fan in the show and him being the one to namedrop
    Quintus Prime.
    and I was kinda shocked that she had lost a foot and that they had it in the show. I was minor but I just didn’t expect a kids show for some reason to have that. It does bring weight to the toll a war can bring.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

Yeah, I'll be honest I think Alex and Dot might genuinely be the best parent characters in the franchise. There's a lot of earnestness in the way Alex is written, he could easily have ended up the dopey, bumbling dad compared to Dot's action mom but instead he's entirely equal to her in his own way. He might not be an "action hero" but he's the heart of the family, I think.

• Like Like x 12
  14. LiquidAimless

LiquidAimless Banned

I’ve only seen the first 2 episodes so far, but for me this’s easily the best piece of transformers animation since Animated. Really digging the “meta” angle they’re taking with having characters, mainly Alex, be in-universe transformers fans. So far have no problems with any of the characters save for maybe Bee, who’s voice still isn’t great. I dunno, maybe he’ll grow on me. Also 100% here for the Megatron and Dot bromance. Overall this’s the breath of fresh air this franchise has needed for a long time.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Venixion

News Credits:
    Bloody mandroid. That's such a stupid name, and he deserves a stupid name.

16. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well, it was given to him by someone literally born yesterday.

• Like Like x 8
  17. Galvacron 3

Galvacron 3 Well-Known Member

You and me both. Megatron in this series has been the most interesting he's been in awhile. He's clearly not comfortable with the way GHOST treats him and the rest and how his former comrades are being treated but he's clearly trying to move on and be better and I love his interactions with Dot and how they worked together in the past. If they were trying to sell me on getting a toy of him then they succeeded with flying colors. I love his design and Osprey alt mode.

• Like Like x 10
  18. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I think I like that they never depict him as a coward, or a loser to laugh at. He's clearly written to contrast Dot to some extent, but he is given so much dignity in the show. He also actually helps at times, be it smashing the Arachnobots with sticks (I know it doesn't make sense, but it's a kids show and I liked it), or hanging off the side of a giant walking base of operations with the others to help disable its cameras. He feels like a valued addition to the family, even if his kids sometimes don't appreciate him.

I think the show just worked for me in the sense that the kid characters clearly act like kids, even if kids are sometimes annoying, whereas the adults were treated with the sort of respect older fans watching the show might relate to. Which is neat.

I mean except for Agent Shroder, (or whatever his name was) that dude was just pure comedy relief and I was all for it

• Like Like x 10
  19. troglodyteman217

troglodyteman217 Doritoscream fangirl

News Credits:
    directly below the enemy scrotum AKA Greece
    Agreed. While I still really like Prime, I honestly did not find the volcano fight all that impressive. It was alright, more than alright even but to me it felt floaty and I can only be this interested in 2 robots fighting in a barren wasteland.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Acceleration

Acceleration h

"Your heart's not in this, is it?"

[​IMG]
    There is SO much I would love to say about Earthspark that I cannot fit into a post at this hour. I love the cast so far, with Twitch, Optimus Prime, Megatron, and pretty much the entire Decepticon cast (Swindle & Hardtop, and ESPECIALLY what we've seen of Soundwave at the moment) being personal favorites. Special mentions to Hardtop again for being such a cool and out-there inclusion! His duo-dynamic with Swindle was such a unique addition to the latter's character.

As to be expected from my favorite characters, House Rules and Decoy were undeniably my favorite episodes of the first batch. I was in a VC with a lot of my friends the first time we watched these episodes, and our reaction to
    Starscream's cameo at the end of Decoy was priceless-- all of us collectively LOST OUR MINDS.

The fight scenes in both Secret Legacy and Age of Evolution absolutely blew my mind with how dynamic and smooth they were, with transformation being regularly integrated, as well as dynamic usage of the environment. Echoing other sentiments, the fight against
    Skywarp and Nova Storm was undeniably some of the best fight choreography in the franchise.

I was one of the people who saw the early UK premiere of Secret Legacy, Part 1 online via a VPN, and man did that first episode dropping before the rest make some memories. With Hardtop's inclusion having me all starry-eyed for the recognition of such an obscure character, I was terrified that Dr. Meridian would dissect him before he had a chance to shine on-screen. Fortunately, he has made it out scot-free, or so I assume.

• Like Like x 4