Transformers Earthspark Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Cliffjumper, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think the other one we saw get away in season one will probably not get an identity nor a followup to what happened to the other one

2. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’ll tell you this. IMO It’s better than cyberverse.

• Like Like x 1
  3. AutobotTurbine

AutobotTurbine Well-Known Member

So… this was rough. I still liked it, but not as much as Season 1. The final minutes of the two-parter was just as rushed as the Season 1 finale, and I feel like this whole bit with the Emberstone shards should have been the entirety of Season 2, not just the first half.

I did like Aftermath and Spitfire, though at the same tell they felt flat as characters, there was nothing there that really hooked me like the other Terrans did. Cosmos felt like an afterthought in his debut episode, and unless Part 2 has an episode dedicated to him I feel he’s completely superfluous to the overall show, which sucks cause I love this design and love hearing Weird Al in projects. I think my biggest gripes character-wise is Schloder, who shows up at the tail end of one episode, has no dialogue whatsoever, and then doesn’t show up for the rest of Part 1. This is actually a smaller part of my overall larger gripe with the series:

The time skip. I’m perfectly ok with time skips as long as we’re either told or shown something, anything, that fills in the blanks. This did nothing. No mention of what happened to the former members of G.H.O.S.T., no mention of where the cyber suits came from, a very vague and dismissive hand wave of why the Decepticons went back to their old ways, and I think the biggest of all: no mention of Mandroid. No confirmation as to if he actually died in Season 1, and if he didn’t, no mention of where he went. I get that this is only the first half of Season 2, but something as big as the fate of the main antagonist from the previous Season should at least be alluded to, if not fully addressed, in Season 2.

I also gotta agree about the animation downgrade as well. It was less noticeable in later episodes, but that first episode felt… unpolished, I guess? Weird mouth movements, confusing physics, and the, in my opinion, unnecessary and horrendously overused slow mo bits. It felt like every other frame in the fights scenes was in slow motion. It was in stark contrast to the first fight between Elita and Swindle and Hardtop in the beginning of Season 1. That fight was fast paced, and moved naturally, and the blows actually had weight to them, whereas here Skywarp gets shot, in the face mind you, and walks it off just fine.

Overall, I feel that this season, while being nowhere near the absolute worst, was still a painfully obvious step down, which is a shame cause I really liked Season 1. Hopefully Part 2 makes up for this, but I guess we’ll have to see.

• Like Like x 3
  4. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:

• Like Like x 1
  5. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    There ARE new toys like Aftermatch, Rescan Hashtag and the green Twitch.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TheRazorSlash

TheRazorSlash Well-Known Member

The blue one that escaped was also Ravage, just the lighting making her look a different shade. She went back to Soundwave at the end of Decoy, she didn't escape with the other cassettes.

• Like Like x 4
  7. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Binged S2 today:

On the whole I enjoyed it passably. The Terrans remain great fun characters with a really great family dynamic. It does feel a bit like the show doesn't have the space to live up to its potential though. We get things like Izzy and Cosmos introduced and then rather than become part of the world they just don't show up again. Kind of like the school and classmates they introed in one episode last season and then never brought up again. But it happens more here.

Episode thoughts:

1- I like Aftermath as a dumb punk. It would have been nice if the Mentor/Parent relationship with Breakdown continued after this. Even as a joke where Breakdown tries to care and Aftermath consistently doesn't it could have been a fun dynamic but it sadly doesn't show up again after this ep.

2 - This one was better story wise. The mystery ruins and the Quintesson Executioner made for a good exciting story. I could feel the budget limitations a bit on the Quint but otherwise good.

3 - This one was a nice focus on Hashtag and nice animation on her fight and form. That said I kinda miss her being more of a bruiser it was new and different for a girl TF. But her new mode looks good other than that.

4 - One of the more fun ones concept wise. Wish Izzy and Cosmos ever showed up again. I LOVED the Cosmos design and would love a toy of it that we almost certainly aren't getting. It felt a little like they had Weird Al for exactly 15 minutes and recorded his like 5 lines in one quick go. It also felt like the problems with Robbie's crush emotions messing everyone up should have been a recurring thing that has to be delt with was set up and then doesn't come up again.

5 - Sincing is an interesting concept. It would have been nice if it happened between more characters or kinda at all again after this episode. Another one episode thing that doesn't even factor into the big story climax at all. It would have been nice if there were even a little depth to Aftermath after this, but nope one dimensional punk. And him and JB never even really meet up again to get payoff from their time together and the betrayal.

6-7 A two parter even if it isn't called one. Spitfire is as awful as Twitch is positive and likeable. Aftermath is too dim and listless to be much of a threat but Spitfire's insane desire to be better than everyone especially Twitch makes her a really mean threat. Is Wheeljack dead? Do we see him again. I've forgotten.

8 - The joke concept of this ep is not bad but it could have used a more interesting subplot than JB annoys/stalls OP. if they had worked Sinc-ing in it could have reinforced the idea of asking for help and made the concept matter again, but without that it's just a little lacking.

9-10 - Love when we get new Titans. And a Terran Titan is a cool idea. Terratron is a lackluster name, not as cool as the last time this plot happened with Citadel Secundus. I suspected Starscream was gonna kill the Chaos Terrans but it was brutal to see it happen. It seems like they should be dead for good wich is kinda dark. I wonder if Quintus is dead too? They did say his Spark was linked to the Emberstone. This would have been a good place to see Izzy again in the Witwicky scenes. Or Cosmos coming in to help. And Sinc-ing should have mattered in this resolution or ideally saved the day. The ending also felt way too abrupt. I assume this is just the first half of the Season like last time, and there's another 10 coming in a few months?

I feel like my comments might seem like I didn't like it, but I mostly did. Largely on the strength of the characters and relationships. It did not feel as strongly written as last season though. Like I already said it felt like a lot of things that could have been cool ongoing things instead came and went and didn't matter in the end. It feels a bit like they were having trouble finding time to really squeeze story and characters in which is weird in a 22 minute show as I've seen shows with episodes half as long so a great job at that.

-ZacWilliam, again I liked it ok, I just think there was a lot of potential for it to be even better that it didn't quite live up to as much as Season 1 did. But I look forward to the half a season I hope is still coming to maybe do some more with the fun cast.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SheepWeaver95

SheepWeaver95 Well-Known Member

Season 1 of Cyberverse? Oh sure.

The latter seasons? I dunno, the Quintesson arc is pretty solid.

• Like Like x 5
  9. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. I LIKE Earthspark. It's fun and has a great cast and character dynamics.

But Cyberverse after Season 1 was legit great. Especially the Quintesson arc and everything after, but really the whole Series after S1.

-ZacWilliam, but it's not a contest. Two things can both be cool.

• Like Like x 4
  10. SheepWeaver95

I will say this in Earthspark's defence;

The Terrans were a neat addition, and it helps that some of the show's best episodes focused on them. Here's wishing that Earthspark Season 2 goes off with a bang.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Veridioz

Veridioz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Breakdwon ain't no deadbeat
    image_2024-06-09_085148047.png

• Like Like x 6
  12. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 6
  13. SheepWeaver95

When the show's humour hits, it hits a homerun.

• Like Like x 6
  14. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’ll give you that. The plot got better. It helped that they shifted the focal point from bumblebee to others.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SheepWeaver95

And it gave us some great new characters, like Thunderhowl, Wildwheel and Meteorfire.

• Like Like x 5
  16. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe the idea is it's solely based on the performance on Paramount Plus. It has to do super well, which I doubt it will no matter how good the show may be.

17. SheepWeaver95

In all fairness, making it exclusive to Paramount Plus was an idiotic move. Even as someone who isn't a fan of that show, it deserved way better.

• Like Like x 3
  18. RagingKaiju

RagingKaiju Metropolitan Mischief Maker

He's so fucking w i d e lmao. Cant wait for this design to not get a toy.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  19. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was pretty bad. The show's writing quality went downhill mid-season-1 and this continued that trend further. The only episode I really enjoyed was Aftermath x Jawbreaker buddy-buddy arguing because it's easy to have fun when a jerk is forced to deal with someone who's so optimistic, everything else was mediocre to bad. Can't wait for this to be cancelled so we can try something else ASAP.

20. AutobotTurbine

AutobotTurbine Well-Known Member

So someone pointed out that they changed animation studios, and the current animation studio is 88 Pictures… the studio behind Megamind vs. The Doom Syndicate. I’m normally overly optimistic about Transformers stuff, but this… this is not good.

This explains a lot about the animation downgrade and why the physics feel so floaty.

• Like Like x 2