Transformers Earthspark Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Cliffjumper, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    yup, this is definitely a show.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Kamenbeast

Kamenbeast Well-Known Member

I'm can be very pessimistic when first seeing something so at first I was like WHAT! Didn't help it was nick because of how they abuse there shows and the teaser doesn't really look good in my opinion but it's just a teaser but first impression and the art style and designs for the transformers didn't help but I will watch and see because I want to it to be a good show, my expectations are on a low standard because the worst series in my opinion is RID, I think Energon is fine in story for the most part and interesting characters, I'm mostly waiting for one day when studio bones or trigger make a transformers anime.

3. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

All that I hope from this show is that it's decent and professionally made. With it's premise, I'm really hoping it'll be comparable to Rescue Bots, with believable bonds between humans and Autobots, with lots of lighthearted, wacky adventures, but with a bit more of a focus on violence than that show had and more of a presence for recognizable Transformers, including Decepticons. I hope to see them take the Animated approach and use the Decepticons sparingly, for the first season, but spend the season slowly building towards a clear end goal, including a huge Autobot/Decepticon battle in the finale.

First Look At Transformers: Earth Spark Animated Series By Nickelodeon - Transformers News - TFW2005

• Like Like x 4
  4. optimalsupreme

optimalsupreme Well-Known Member

It looks like ass. I'd be happy to be proven wrong but this just looks like a throwaway cartoon.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Ackar

Ackar Well-Known Member

Im just posting to one say i was here, and two to just speculate its probably not going to be worse than wfczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz from netflix realisticlly it be at best a meddiocre show, but maybe even if its just average it gets it's highlights with either momments or characters breaking out from here like knockout on tfp

• Like Like x 1
  6. optimusprime18

optimusprime18 Well-Known Member

I don't like cartoons being 3D. And so as I'm not going to like this new Transformers cartoon series, I wish there was a Transformers cartoon series in a similar style, like a 2D anime in Armada/G1/Energon/Cybertron quality, and the subject matter was serious, dramatic, and the battle of the autobots and decepticons was very well scripted.However, with the development of technologies, most of the cartoons are usually 3D. I think with the development of technology, it's getting lower in the cartoon industry. That's why I'd like the graphics of this upcoming Transformers cartoon series to be 2D and drawing quality like Armada, and I'd like the subject to be similar to Armada/G1, and even some places to be serious. Although I don't think I'd like this 3D Earthspark cartoon. This cartoon hasn't come out yet, but it's very childish to me in its brief introduction. But it seems like it's a lot earlier to comment, but since this is 3D, I don't like Prime cartoon series, I've already lowered my expectations. And I don't even wonder. For me, the best transformers cartoon series will remain only G1 and the Unicron trilogy Armada/Energon/Cybertron. I didn't like other transformers cartoons.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  7. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really can't tell too much about the show from what little we have in that one teaser, but the one thing that really has my interest is how Optmus and Elita look very traditional (to the point of being kinda Authentics-style boring) and then the new characters are quite different. Apparently Nick Roche did some character design work and I can see elements of his stuff, but with a bit of a "modern robotics" kind of style.

It'd be interesting if there's some kind of "new generation" of Transformers going on here. As in a literal new version of them with a distinct look, feel, construction and goals. Something akin to Beast Wars or (from my limited knowledge) the G2 Transformers in Marvel.

• Like Like x 3
  8. EvilLobsterKing

EvilLobsterKing Joe Mama

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I believe I read somewhere that it will involve a new species of transformer, or something along those lines

9. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

I'm admittedly a bit curious about this one. Its art style reminds me a bit of Spy Racers.

10. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Burn it all down

I just 'can't wait' for the inevitable controversies and fandom-splitting rage. Over what? No clue yet, but I'm sure its going to happen. And I mean more than usual for this already fractured ever-arguing fandom btw.

• Like Like x 6
  11. RotB Enthusiast

RotB Enthusiast Banned

Curious about this

12. Suboptimal Optimus

Suboptimal Optimus Burn it all down

I will say, to this show and Botbot's credit: they do seem to moving toward making it more of their 'own thing'. Not saying its automatically a good thing as there is a lot of room to fuck it up but I'll take this stuff any day over us getting someone pretending to be doing a supposedly 'proper' sequel to G1 or any other show and us getting another Kevin Smith moment.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Small part of me is hoping this is a prequel to Transformers: Prime, but the logical side says it's a reboot like Cyberverse and Netflix Trilogy since there are drones and Transformers appear to be common knowledge, unless it's because their mom works with the U.S. Government like Fowler does.
    Just the character designs of the humans and the motorcyle reminded me of Prime.

Basically, I would like this to connect because I'm still curious what the early battles on Earth were like prior to the first episodes of Prime. I know this is obviously not gonna happen, but part of me could dream, since Optimus mentioned Megatron had not be seen for some time, while the last Decepticon reporting was in 3 years according to dialogue from the first five episodes.

14. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At a certain point it becomes easier to reboot as opposed to trying stitch together continuity threads from a show that's now older than the children they're aiming for.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Kamenbeast

Kamenbeast Well-Known Member

Also the fact that nick would probably not want the baggage of the align continuity

16. Chromatis

Chromatis Rust-Bringer, Endless Hunger, Envoy of Decay

I've been seeing a lot of division over a very small amount of information. It's like watching several eighth-graders argue about Schrödinger's cat, with half of them not knowing what they're quibbling over or why. All I can say is that when this comes out, I'll probably be grabbing metaphorical snacks to watch both new episodes and new debates — whether the show is good or not.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    This isn't a new phenomenon, this tends to happen whenever something new is on the way. Speculation and arguments are as common as feathers on a bird.

Personally I'm far more interested in reserving my judgement until there's something tangible but not everyone is like that, it's really not any different from those who assume the show will be 'great' but because they're being positive people are less prone to take issue with it. I'm interested and I'll definitely give the show a chance, makes no difference to me whether it's good or not.

Obviously I'd prefer if it was a solid show with good writing and characters, but if it turns out to be shite there's plenty of other content more worthy of my time out there.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

Now that I finished watching the previous mainline universes (as part of the legacy marathon) I’m ready to watch Earthspark.

• Like Like x 3
  19. VictoryBot93

VictoryBot93 Well-Known Member

Lowkey found myself doing that too. After EarthSpark was announced I was like "Huh, I haven't started Energon, Cybertron, Animated or RID2015." And got right to it the next day. Hopefully I can finish in time! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Leolim

Leolim Well-Known Member

January:aligned
    February: animated
    March: Unicron trilogy
    April: cyberverse
    May/June: g1/beast era (Japanese timeline version so rebirth is excluded and Car robots is included) but also include war for Cybertron and prime wars trilogy as a non canon prequel and non canon bridge series between G1 and Beast era.

• Like Like x 1