Transformers Earthspark appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Burneygames, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
  2. Burneygames

Burneygames Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    My best guess is she’ll possibly switch alt mode in season 2, ya know, since GHOST doesn’t exist anymore

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Definitely a possibility

4. OptimusPrime95

OptimusPrime95 Well-Known Member

Hashtag looks nice for a warrior class figure. Although, I don't understand why they made her turn into a pickup truck when she's a surveillance van for GHOST in the show. Maybe she gets a new vehicle mode in season 2 since GHOST is no more after what happened last season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Burneygames

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Wouldn’t be earthspark wave without a repaint, but hey, first decepticon Terran image0-3.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  6. OptimusPrime95

OptimusPrime95 Well-Known Member

This is interesting. So evil terrans are potentially gonna be a thing in season 2. I wish though that Spitfire was a completely new design instead of just being a green repaint of Twitch. Maybe in the cartoon she's an evil clone of Twitch? Who knows.

7. soull

soull Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh hell yes. Hashtag looking real good.

8. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Could have been a case of the toy is based on an older design that they were too deep in development on to change.

9. Fenrys

News Credits:
    I kinda doubt that considering this figure is coming out for season 2 and Hashtag had her alt mode throughout season 1. I think the new vehicle mode theory is more likely, or this is just an instance of Hasbro doing something different than the show (like the Beast Hunters figures from Prime).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Good point!

JTPrime also seemed to hint deluxe Hashtag might be coming so maybe that version will do the van.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Defiant2 ES Twitch (b).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. DocSeth81

Ebay:
    Stanford University ES Nightshade (b).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. DocSeth81

Ebay:
    Theed4 ES bee (B).jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. GurrenSwagann

GurrenSwagann Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I just saw this in The Entertainer and I noticed that the figure doesn't match the box art in the slightest. What's up with that? 1000011298.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  15. DeathsTreads77

DeathsTreads77 Four books into DUNE. Help

Instead of making a new figure or a remold for the Earthspark design of shockwave, Hasbro just elected to repack/repaint the cyberverse mold, which is based off of a completely different design

• Like Like x 3
  16. St Firebringer

St Firebringer PB&J bones

Wait till you see Prowl!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Burneygames

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Got this guy in today, damn good warrior class
    IMG_1131.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  18. Burneygames

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I present, tall bee IMG_1138.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  19. JSpaced10

JSpaced10 Not Predacon: PREDAKING!

Twitter:
    Bumblebumblebeebee?
    Beebumblebumblebee?
    Bumblebeebeebumble?

20. Scourge2112

Scourge2112 Nobody's Hero

FINALLY, the last 8 episodes of Transformers: EarthSpark have been aired on Nickelodeon & I got to watch them! Overall, great season's end to such a heartfelt show & I hope season 2 is just as good. I'm also glad the Terrans have all got mostly decent toys (especially with the reveal of warrior class Hashtag!), as back in March I got the Spin-Changer Optimus Prime & Bumblebee for nearly half off on eBay to get Robby & Mo, & so-far complete the Terran/Malto siblings!
    IMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1334.JPG
    Robby & Mo Malto have some of the best paintwork I've ever seen on human figurines this scale, a real treat for the main castmembers & miraculous on account of their only being included for the powermaster-esque gimmick. Silver Cyber-sleeves, accurate facial detail not blotted out, & truly beautiful, 5-star eyes!!! A gigantic leap past the movie-line Human Alliance figures of 15 years ago.
    IMG_1346.JPG
    They get gear too. Robby get's his Prime power shield from the show, & while Mo may not have her dagger, Bumblebee's spoiler makes a surprisingly cool flight pack! Flightpack pegs securely in a hole in Mo's back, while the shield is barely holding on by bars loosely fitting around Robby's arm.
    IMG_1337.JPG
    Optimus & 'Bee's alt-modes are ok, looking great but not rolling well. Robby & Mo can ride on them standing on round recesses on the backs. Optimus' hinges into the back of the cab when not in use.

IMG_1336.JPG
    Groupshot comparison with all the Terrans so far: Robby & Mo, Deluxe Twitch & Nightshade, & Warrior Thrash & Jawbreaker. Optimus & 'Bee are bigger than today's voyagers, making 'Bee much too big a car compared to most figures, like Twitch & Thrash technically. Still looking great together.
    IMG_1345.JPG
    Transformations for both are overall simple, but Prime requires some steps be done in order. When the waists are wound up, placing a Malto on their shoulder will push the recess' button, which pops up the head, flips out the shoulders on Prime or the forearms on 'Bee, & spins their waists around very fast for a few revolutions. Friction clips hold the Maltos in place when firmly pegged in, so they don't fly off while spinning. To reset it, take the figurine off & rotate the waist until it locks from spinning back. If it doesn't want to go to that point, spin it the other way a few revolutions & try again. Thankfully, the Maltos are not needed, as you can push the button manually without them.
    Robot modes look accurate & mostly well proportioned, with the exception of Bumblebee's huge hood shoulders. Faux parts are on both of their chests.
    IMG_1340.JPG
    The only articulation on either is due to transfomation. Optimus gets the most, with elbows & hips bending 90 degrees, plus bicep swivel, while 'Bee can only pose his arms with 360 rotation after unpegging them at the shoulder. Both obviously have waist rotation. Prime arm-mounts Robby's shield, while 'Bee can hold the flight pack like a gun, or peg it on his own back. It can also mount on said peghole in car mode, eliminating the necessity of partsforming the pack.
    IMG_1342.JPG
    'Bee's better in scale with Twitch, Thrash & the humans in robot mode scale. Again, I think this cast looks great together so far, scale-accurate or otherwise.
    IMG_1344.JPG
    There's no way that either Spin Changer is worth the $35 MSRP, so it's great I found at least Bumblebee deeply discounted. Amazon once had him at less than $13(!) in February, but it was harder to find Prime for any such discount. I found both on eBay for just over $20 each, making them nearly BOGO free. Personally, I found that price worth completing the excellently wholesome & relatable Terran/Malto sibling cast of EarthSpark, but that's just me. I currently have them displayed on my DVD shelf, appropriate for such deep, lovably relatable characters in a show of a franchise usually dedicated to the simple fun & spectacular action of battling, transforming robots (plus marketing toys).
    IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1335.JPG IMG_1334.JPG IMG_1346.JPG IMG_1337.JPG IMG_1336.JPG IMG_1345.JPG IMG_1340.JPG IMG_1342.JPG IMG_1344.JPG IMG_1437.JPG

• Like Like x 5