Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Doubledealer

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Starscream Gaga, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Forgot to post this earlier but this is now how I configure Dealer.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  2. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I thought this was the intended configuration but I quickly noticed the pegs on the backpack get in the way of the missile sitting straight on DD's shoulder.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LoserBroadside

LoserBroadside Your ship just came in.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I wonder if the intended configuration is to go straight out with the tail flap folded down so you can peg a Powermaster inside between the tail flap and the wings.

4. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    It does adjust it by about a mm but can still stay on fine.

Not enough room with how the pegs are positioned.

• Like Like x 1
  5. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Anyone else like the tail feathers held in to the back of the bird mode like this? I don't really dig using the missile to hold it on. It looks more natural to me like this and I wish they had included posts to tab it on, though it does hold in well enough to display as-is.

20200726_091712.jpg 20200726_091657.jpg 20200726_092750.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  6. Mr. Chaos

News Credits:
    The Evolution of My Doubledealer collection:

HPIM1039.JPG

From left to right: Original Dealer I got after getting over a horrific flu, my custom Movie Dealer who stars in my webcomic, the Thrilling 30 Dealer, my custom Titans Return Dealer (based on the unreleased Botcon figure with the Takara official head and the repainted Quake head as his second titan master Clouder), and finally the Earthrise Dealer with his minions

• Like Like x 12
  7. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Just opened mine and.... you know how you get to bird mode and think "That can't be right" but it is? I know this is homaging the G1 toy (which I do own) but really? This is the best they can do even with a partsforming assist?

They're the Decepticons of Miami Beach!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

• Like Like x 10
  9. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Will you like him? No idea. I think a lot depend on what you like and what you are looking for.

On the positive side, he is Doubledealer. He is a single figure, so no "voyager with armor" here. Very faithful update to the G1 character in all modes. If that G1 chunkiness and weird alt modes and late-G1 color scheme pulls your heartstrings, he's for you.

On the other hand, he feels like he was released without quite being finished. You know how ER Prime has that elegant transformation that gives a perfectly satisfying robot and alt mode? Pretty much the opposite. Involved, unintuitive transformation for middling results. None of the modes solidly peg together. The bird mode - true to G1 - is a mess, one of the least satisfying in my memory. There is some partsforming, but you could leave the parts off and not really notice anything wrong with any of the modes, but that makes me wonder why.

Really it comes down to whether you care more about the feels for the character and nostalgia, or how well the toy is designed. I got him for $43 from Amazon and can't say I am satisfied, and I am pretty easy to please. Admittedly a lot of that comes from first transforming him into the space vulture. Switching to the G1 configuation of the missile under the belly instead of the official over-the-back style fixed one of my gripes with that mode (that the missile just kind of hovers over there and draws attention to the concave torso), and truck mode is pretty decent, but it could be more solid.

• Like Like x 2
  10. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I may have gotten really lucky, but my experience has been the opposite of a lot of folks. Mine is solid in all three modes, and no QC issues I can see. The leg transformation into bird mode was scary the first couple of times, but since then it's gotten way easier and I flip thru all three modes constantly. I really really like him.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Mr. Chaos

News Credits:
    This. Listen, Dealer is my favorite character but even I will say flat out when a figure is bad. Yes, I own the Thrilling 30 version but I admit that he's a repaint... and not even of a good mold.

But this version is just a delight. Once you understand how he transforms he is an utter delight. A ton of customizing options with the weapons, a fun homage to the original toy, but with a ton more options for poses. Just a great figure.

• Like Like x 8
  12. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Plus rocket-bird mode. He will spend most of his life perched on my shelf, staring at me in rocket-bird mode. I love that mode for the sheer stupidity and the sheer audacity of It.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I didn't phrase it properly.

What I meant was is he a solid enough figure without any major qc issues because I'm pretty easy to please with figures. Generally if people's reviews are positive then I will like him.

I remember him from the marvel UK story double deal of the century and the idw spotlight issue as part of revelation.

He sounds like a mixed bag but he's due this week so I'm cautiously looking forward to a character that I hope we see more of across all media

14. Mr. Chaos

News Credits:
    So it is my headcanon, and I wouldn't be surprised if WFC does this, but I think that during the first stages of the war it will be revealed that Dealer worked with or is related to Snapdragon and Apeface. All three are triple changers, turn into beasts, have a flight mode...

• Like Like x 3
  15. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    I actually really like the birdmode, it's big, solid, and swooshing/fwooshing it around the air there just kept reminding/bugging me of something from my childhood in the 80s.

Then it finally hit me, it's reminiscent of the Stonghold toy from Silverhawks I once had as a small child! :D 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is there some trick to getting the legs to fully compress for bird mode because I can not seem to get the black part to to tab into the blue upper leg so things sit flush?

17. Nemesisprime1975

News Credits:
    Theres a few vids on line that you can look at to see how it's done. There's not too many yet but over time that will change

18. LoserBroadside

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    One thing I find really helps is to keep the two halves separated until you have it all properly lined up. Then, gripping each leg one at a time, use your thumb on the top of the universal hip joint to press the upper leg down into the lower leg until it's all the way in.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Nemesisprime1975

News Credits:
    Nice. DD is on his way and may be here Friday. I also have some star wars stuff on the way in the same haul

• Like Like x 1
  20. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I posted this in the EAT thread earlier:
    Doubledealer's legs are definitely most annoying when changing to bird mode. Others have also reported inadvertently partsforming and removing the leg from the knee hinge. This was not designed to be easy to do.

There's a double hinge system for the leg with tight tolerances. After rotating and flipping the leg panel, you want to use your thumb to push the green part of the knee joint as far back as possible. Even though it doesn't look like a sliding type leg transformation, that's how you have to treat the next step. Slide the leg in until the tight knee tab goes all the way in.

For truck mode, you have to push in the green part just a little until the panel tabs into the thigh.

Pics for bird mode:
    Use thumb to push green part of knee joint as far back as possible.
    [​IMG]

Slide leg in all the way.
    [​IMG]

This may feel like you're done, but it's not. Have to slide more. Left red box shows the waist tab can't plug in yet, and the right red box shows the knee tab is not plugged in yet.
    [​IMG]

After sliding leg in all the way, the knee tab is now plugged in, and the waist tab can be plugged in next.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16