Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Sorry for the late response.

Jetfire gained a level today and now does 2304 damage so he's been bumped to A squad. As such he can now one hit level 9 lasers so I'm in zone 12 with A squad, 11 with B and 9 with C even though they can scrape by in 10 and 11.

2. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

First time doing Alliance War. Any advice?

Just lost on the 4th waypoint on the map. >=(

3. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that's good enough.

4. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    The only advice I can really give on an Alliance War is: Try to use your strongest team every time (wait for cooldown), but always scout the base before going in to fight it because some special abilities might be more helpful than others (e.g., sometimes Airraid's special is great, but many other times it stinks).

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, Air Raid is only useful against newer players who have no idea how to set up their base. Everyone who has been playing for more than 5 minutes has the stuff you need to destroy spaced just far enough apart that Air Raid's ability doesn't do jack squat.

When you see some rookie with two mortars and a beam laser all squished together, yeah, break out the Air Raid. But that's going to happen less and less as people wise up.

6. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Well, that's partially true.

There's a period of time where people use Air Raid/Slipstream and Jazz/Mixmaster because their abilities outpace defenses.

But later on, the cost of those specials coupled with the relative weakness of their attacks (compared to defensive tower values), means that clumping together defensive towers to create gauntlets makes some sense again.

But that's what I like about the game.

Sure, some moves are smarter than others, but there really is no "right" way to set up a base or a team. Each style has it's weaknesses and strengths depending on who's attacking.

7. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    And sometimes there simply is no defense strong enough. My base is utterly maxed out and yet the top ranked players can still one-shot my strongest defenses. Kind of frustrating.

My advice is just change your base around until you're happy with the arrangements and you win more defensive battles than you lose. Oh an have fun.

8. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need a new alliance. Anyone got one for an active player?
    I'm level 9, Hq, level 31 player. active, play every day.
    I am tired of not getting hardly any rewards during the events.

9. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Good advice!

Just out of curiosity... now that you're so far along there's nothing on the base to advance, are you still left with things to upgrade?

Bot abilities? Anything else?

Are your energon and alloy caches just constantly maxed out?

I'm so far away from that point, but curious what it'll be like once I get there.

10. Akumaxv

Thanks Gents. Just took out the Commander and earned a total of 205 points. I guess you only get one go at the whole thing, like the campaign? Also, what determines the amount of points I get? Base level? Times I've lost? Other?

11. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Each base is worth progressively more points than the previous one, and you get three attempts at defeating each. The first two bases are pulled at random from the opposing alliances team members, and the last three are made up of the two Officer's bases and finally the Alliance Commander's.

Each base is worth a certain amount of points depending on which attempt you're on.

If you beat each base on the first attempt: Base 1 is worth 15 points, Base 2 is 30, Base 3 is 45, Base 4 is 60 and Base 5 is 75.

It usually makes sense to use only your A team on each base, but because the point differences are the closest in the first two bases those are usually the best candidates for sending in your B team if you had to.

12. Akumaxv

Great. Thank you for the explanation. I actually could have used my C team for the first 2 bases, at least in this instance. I was able to get through the last bases with some 3 and 4 star bots. Didn't need all 4 Stars.

13. kastaway

kastaway Well-Known Member

3* air raid/3* jetfire combo is why i set the base up the way i have it to avoid those cluster bombs.
    Also think its why i was a little unimpressed when i pulled his four star. Firefly or jetfire would have been better but at least no dupe.

And no hard feelings about the other nite. U were cool to invite me and i dont know if you are the commander but not getting let in made me think you were making fun of me.
    I should have followed chain of command and went to help if nautica sent me not rush over here on my own. As it is i was able to set up my missile launcher and get guys researched. Alpha strike was fun as well.

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think they changed it some time back so that base 3 & 4 are no longer the officers.

If you're hardcore about wars or the war is just that close then scout the enemy defenses and figure out which ones you can one shot before going in. Otherwise, just have fun.

I have a mid level HQ13 and it gets ripped up all the time by high power teams. My only defensive goal is to stop at least half of the teams if I'm a defense on wars.

15. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Any tips on maximising winnings from battles? Say the max is 20,000 I rarely get half with a win, and usually much much less

Cheers

JL

16. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Do you mean Energon and alloy? It's somewhat of a crap shoot.

If you destroy the entire base (win the battle), you take a third of what the other player had available. Alternatively, you can lose the battle, but if you destroyed the base's harvesters and storage, you can still take the same amount of resources. So if you need resources, but don't care about the win, you can "raid" higher zoned bases this way (use bots with long range specials).

But depending on timing, there's an ebb and flow to how much resources players are holding onto. Obviously, the higher the zone, the more potential resources available.

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    No, I'm not the commander. Trust me, if I was one of the officers, I would have been letting EVERYBODY in to help.

I was just a guy getting frustrated watching people ask to join to help, but having no officers online to let them in, then watching those people cancel their requests. And seeing that was driving me crazy, because we needed all the help we could get.

18. nawoo81

nawoo81 Well-Known Member

I'm still using my 4* air raid for zone 11 attacks and he is devastating.

Does 1758 damage at level 42.

You don't need to target just the guns. You target energon harvesters too. Those that are easy to destroy but are next to mortars or lasers.

So many high level bases still have stuff bunched together

19. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The max amount you can win is listed at the beginning of battles. It's usually located in the storage and you can tell from graphics to focus on storage or harvesters.

If you retreat from a battle without deploying any bots you lose the medals and fuel cells but do not send your bots to cooldown. Once your bots reach high 30's they have cooldowns of almost 30 minutes and if you're attacking zone 7+ it might make more sense to retreat and roll the dice again.

Even a Lv40 2* Acid Bomber can carry most teams through zone 8. A Lv40 2* Air Striker can carry your team through zone 7. Orbital Strike is one of the best ability for raiding higher level zones for resources early on. Swoop/Scourge's ability isn't bad either.

Once people hit a high enough level the build times are so long that they are overflowing with materials and spacing out resource buildings isn't a priority.

Right now I'm trying to balance using the buildings as meat shields during alliance wars. I've given up on regular defense since I only get attacked by teams full of 4* and 3*. I'm always empty on alloy but full on energon so I'm using my alloy storage as a wall at the very front.

20. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram: