Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Ozil

Ozil Commander

News Credits:
    Join Kremzeek. Our 2nd TFW Alliance

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You're not getting what I'm saying. This isn't that deep a game in terms of strategy. So everything mostly revolves around the collecting aspect. If the existing characters become easier to get, they have to constantly introduce new ones at a faster pace to maintain player interest. Otherwise, this game's lifespan is going to be extremely short. And if everyone already has all the strongest characters, they'll have to make the new characters even stronger to be relevant, otherwise they won't make people's squads anyway and no one will care.

We all want 4-star characters, but if we all got them all easily, they'll just have to introduce 5-star characters, then 6-star characters, etc. etc. and that will be like TF Legends. Right now, it is still possible for anyone to play completely free and still be about as competitive as anyone else. If you want to see everything become a naked cash-grab with pay-to-win players dominating everything completely and leaving free players further and further behind, increasing drop rates is the way it will happen.

I've maxed out my 2-Star Optimus. I need a 3 or 4-star Optimus if I'm going to keep raiding higher zones. But I understand why it's probably not going to happen any time soon. And when it eventually does happen, it will mean something.

If this were a deeper game with deeper gameplay, like a Street Fighter or something, then yeah, you could have balance and I'd say go ahead and let everyone get every character quickly. Because then it would be all about how you used the characters. But this game is not that. It's pretty shallow in terms of gameplay.

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the collecting aspect of the game they need to make every single character have a 2*. P2W will get them all but F2P will have to work on it. Won't break the game balance though. It shouldn't be easy to get every character but it shouldn't as impossible as it is now.

I was told that if they couldn't find an appropriate base they would turn someone into a zombie base. You raid them over and over for resources but it doesn't actually affect them.

I think someone in my alliance was attacking a base over and over and he ran into the guy in one of our wars and asked and the attackee said he wasn't being raided that badly.

4. Ozil

Ozil Commander

News Credits:
    I agree with you but the drop rates are so bad right now that they at least need to be tuned a little. I'm not advocating for everyone having 4 star bots but not duplicate characters all the time. For the time investment and points these events need players should be able to feel a sense of reward. How many of us ended up 2* dupes in the last event? While it should be hard to get the top guys in the game this is beyond horrible. Make it rare but at least let us get a 3 star we don't have

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    What I would like is if once you get a 2-star of a character, it became impossible to get a 1-star dupe of that character. You could still get 2-star dupes, but at least no more 1-stars. Then when you got a 3-star of that character, no more 2-star dupes of that character. And so on with 4-star. I think even that small step would cut down on a lot of frustration. Because with each dupe, you'd at least be working on your next, higher star crystal.

6. kastaway

kastaway Well-Known Member

Yo is there room on that kremzeek still? I plan on giving it my all , i just want to ride with some people doing the same. 10 base, three 3stars, 2op at 39. Did 7000 plus last weekend. Better than a zero..... I dont think my current alliance has a chance and i told them i was just a sellsword last week. Win or lose it would be cool to event here this weekend. Let me know....

7. Spindoctor1200

Spindoctor1200 Well-Known Member

What kind of minimums is Kremzeek looking for? I know I've got enough to work with to get there, but I don't know about my 2 friends. I told them to forget about any ideas of spending money after how it turned out for me. I'd like to keep us together, but they might not have the kind of squad strength a high-end alliance is looking for.

8. Spindoctor1200

Oh...and 4000 pts per person in a full 40-person alliance is bullshit. I'm not even sure that's possible without paying for cooldowns and fuel cells.

9. kastaway

I did 7000 last weekend with no money spent. It was just stubbornness taking over with not much sleep. Im down to get some batteries this time and im starting earlier on friday... Its possible if people are down. The division numbers can be played with if people are scoring higher by sunday. I know people have lives but i dont haha...

10. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Can you guys please make some sort of recruiting thread or something, it's getting annoying. I come to this thread for updates and to discuss things, not to see recruiting sessions.

I see far too much of that going on in the game chat, and on social networking sites. please take it someplace else. like a new Recruiting thread or something. :) 

Heck I can't even watch a simple streaming of the game without seeing every other comment be: hey such and such is looking for a few good bots blah blah blah.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I did almost 5,000 with no money spent. It's not that hard if you are running 3 squads and have characters leveled even less than halfway decently. One squad raiding Zone 7, one raiding Zone 4, one raiding Zone 3. Wasn't hard. Did all my normal life stuff, worked, slept normally, whatever. There were people on my team who did much more, and I don't think they spent anything, either.

But I agree most teams won't get there -- maybe even no teams are going to get there, because there will always be people who contribute less, or not at all. I'd like to see people contribute at least 400 points. I think almost anyone could manage that over the course of a weekend, and I'd have no complaints with them. Those of us who can do more, will, but 400 minimum would be nice.

12. kastaway

Recruiting is a part of this kind of game. Same as wartune. Unless u live on a street with 40 friends that play the game together i guess. But i agree with you on maybe someone set up a seperate thread. Regardless recruiting and applying for teams is a part of the game. Sorry to piss you off

13. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The original TFW2005 autobot alliance could use one more dedicated player for the weekend. We hit 133k last weekend, and I'm expecting more with a more motivated team this weekend. So, PM me if you're above say 2500 medals and are interested.

<edit> Sorry, full again

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  14. nawoo81

nawoo81 Well-Known Member

I had 8000+ points last weekend without spending any money. Just ran two squads at zone 10 and 9 all the time.

My alliance finished with prestige 10, but had a lot of idiots contributing zero or next to nothing. We were being carried by a few top guys who busted their ass off. In the end, everyone gets the same reward, which is very unfair to those that worked harder than others.

It is possible. You just need an active alliance where everyone is pulling their shift instead of contributing zero.

15. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Hey. Just my 2 cents. I ran 3 teams on zone 6 on my main account last event and got over 5k for free.

Oh and kremzeek only requires that you actually log in and play. Which is probably why we're the 2nd alliance.

16. Spindoctor1200

Can't find Kremzeek on the list. What number are they?

17. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Looks like they suspended fuel cell usage for this weekends event. That should make things easier

18. Deth

Deth Well-Known Member

That will make grinding a lot easier. Did they ever say what the "BIG" reveal was? I am hoping it is combiners

19. Spindoctor1200

The 3 of us are still looking for an alliance to contribute to this weekend. Let the time we spend on points this event go towards something other than leveling up our squads.

20. jamz

jamz Repaint! Repaint! Repaint TFW2005 Supporter

Possible Alliance Merger?

I'm an officer in an autobot alliance of about 20 good players. Most are HQ 7 or better and we are winning all our wars (now that I removed the inactive players).

I learned last week that 20 players isn't enough to get through these alliance events. We're just not big enough to make headway.

I'm thinking we should merge with another alliance of about 20 and become a powerhouse. Our Alliance is called "th3 wr3ck3rs".

Anyone up for a merger?

"Ramhorn38" is my EW handle.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016