Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Carnage73

Carnage73 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    There is no absolute best option because every base will have some weakness. The trick is to compensate for the weakness as much as possible.

2. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Yeah, it seems like between Kup/Dead End and Slog/Straxus they're dedicated to introducing characters that can counter specific layouts and strategies. In fact, I'd bet we get an anti-flier bot sometime this year to encourage people to put someone besides Swoop/Scourge on defense.

So pick one that works for you, just knowing that if someone shows up with the right team composition there's not much you can do.

3. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I heard the devs played a game of eeny meeny miny moe and it came down to LOP and Kranix. LOP won obviously.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Individual event confirmed. It's one of those 10 points per zone events. 60 total prestige, 100 points per prestige. Prizes are:

20 - 50k Alloy
    40 - 50k Energon
    60 - 35 3* Shards
    80 - 500 Spark
    100 - 15 4* Shards

5. jyoda320

jyoda320 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And "Up to" 3xp

6. Tilarta

Tilarta Well-Known Member

I didn't know Kranix was up for consideration.
    That is intriguing, as he's not even a Cybertronian, being from the planet Lithone.
    Also, it would be nice to see some movie specific characters, although not counting Kranix, that just leaves Arblus, as they were the only two identified Lithones.

Judging from those pictures, it looks like the Lithones do have offensive capability, Kranix having a midsection mounted turret and Arblus a nosecone underslung weapon.
    They'd probably be flier class characters.
    I wonder what their special ability would be.
    It would also be interesting to see their transformation animations, as I don't think they ever did this onscreen.

And now I am wondering if Wreck Gar might become an unlockable character at some point.

7. Carnage73

Carnage73 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Are these Lithones from TF5?

8. Tilarta

Tilarta Well-Known Member

Lithones are from the original animated movie.
    Unicron eats their planet in the opening act.
    Kranix is later seen on the Quintesson Homeworld for expositionary purposes.
    They've never existed in Live Action.

There is one Combiner leader I overlooked while during my initial assessment of combat styles, Hotspot.
    He uses a shield/rush move, so he is the second tank style Combiner Leader in the game.

It is highly likely Motormaster will have this mechanic too, since his speciality is ramming enemy foes. And he uses a sword, which would make him similar to how Pyra Magna fights with an axe.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CVette

CVette Member

Would you mind posting a picture or an example? I need to overhaul my base as well. I've never had a honeycomb base slow my teams down.

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Here's my current layout. Level 15 base. Only one defensive piece fully upgraded so far; once I get everything done it should hold its own in Cybertron League.

11. CVette

CVette Member

Thanks! I'll give the honeycomb a try.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Word on the street is that next week will be an alliance leaderboard for Drift. This will be the first leaderboard event to implement the new rule of only counting the top 40 scores from an alliance. Rumor is that the top prize (4* character) will be expanded from the top 5 to the top 10 alliances as well.

13. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    So the street is a live stream:) 

14. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    :) It's not you it's the 300+ posts, you need to spam, do the @ thingy or nailing them to the wall also helps.
    A good LINE chat has too many people talking but you can just pm them to ask.:p 

• Like Like x 1
  15. iior

iior Well-Known Member

Don't take it to heart. I'm the commander of my alliance and I get ignored too. Lol

It's just part of the dynamics of a group chat with multiple people from different time zones chatting on multiple topics, sometimes at the same time, on a messaging app and not face to face. No hard feelings meant.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    This is how we get to Laser Prime/Armada Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  17. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

I tried he honeycomb design like Ephland has. In addition to the odd Straxus siting, my defenses always seem to get creamed by Swoop/Scourge if I group my guns in the middle.

18. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I mean, maybe. But there seems to be a pretty typical script by now, between Deathsaurus, Straxus, BW Megatron, Lockdown, and the rest.
    • One side gains access to a tool or technology, or temporary victory that could win the war.
    • Both sides clash over it
    • One side briefly holds an advantage
    • Starscream/Grimlock screw it up somehow
    • Both factions get reinforcements
    • Power balance is maintained
    I fully anticipate Starscream logging into the Space Bridge anticipating a brand new ally that will help him defeat Megatron... only to botch it and get YET ANOTHER Megatron.

Either that or he activates it to recruit Barricade, and he and Drift have a showdown, and then Barricade says something along the lines of "no matter what universe I'm in I'll always be loyal to Megatron" :eyeroll

...Or, per your theory, later in the year we have a "who better to overthrow Megatron than another ME?" And we get Armada Starscream / Armada Hot Shot. That said they don't set these things up that far in advance. They don't want users who joined a little while ago to be lost.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  19. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

So do I just group them up and hope for the best? I don't personally have either, but it seems like 75% of the people attacking my base have them. Of course my base is also severely under leveled or something, I keep on getting attackers with all 900 to 1000 bots who just obliterate my base no matter what.

20. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Well... my war team has a combined level of 11k+, but I never use them in z13 as the bases are too hard to beat and I get virtually the same points/rewards from z12. I have my heavy hitters spread out across four z12 teams rather than one z13.

You have to understand that a lot of people have been playing this game much longer than you have and there are things you don't know about because you haven't gotten all that far into it. Give it time and you'll catch up to the big boys.