Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. PhaseSixer

PhaseSixer Well-Known Member

You can't judge raids as how those guys would attack in a war. In a war you bring your A team, or best combination to beat the base. Also remember in wars people use combiners.

High level cybertron league you need 7 at 55+ characters

Low level cybertron league, 7 at 51+, at this point 3*'s no longer useful

Platinum league, 7 at 47+, certain 3*'s ok

Gold league, 7 at 41+, 3*'s ok

On another note had a good weekend for the autobot squad, pulled a 4* storm clash, she's not the best flier but now gives me a good 7 4* team, with slog, sideswipe, skydive, sunstreaker, dust up, ratchet, not bad for free I think. Hopefully they drop Victorian soon, I have all 6, still need 2 for superion and I'm not even close to OM, but only downside will be no spark for Victorian like i would have with superion.

On the autobot account I'm finally ready for zone 12, only things missing on this account is a 3/4* Optimus and a combiner i guess. In war, rush plus combiner is your best friend. If I had that I could easily war in platinum league with my team. But since the autobot account is meant as just a time passer, it's ok.

On the decepticon account, finally have 7 strong bots all at 51 and better with 53 being my highest. Badly designed max 15 bases I can beat. Still having trouble with well designed ones, but I'm happy with the results, even when we face top 10 alliances I can at least beat 2-3 of their bases. And most alliances rank 40 and further we face in cybertron league I can win 4, sometimes 5, some commanders I have problems with.

The game is still run by questionable devs, just the higher up you get the easier it is to deal with the BS, so I get why higher up players don't really have complaints the same way lower players do.

2. Tilarta

Tilarta Well-Known Member

Three of the known four Combiner leaders are ground based, Silverbolt is the odd one out because he's the only flier.
    Mostly I was hoping they would all follow Pyra Magna's example of a tank based playstyle, but judging from the results of my investigation, she's apparently the exception rather then the rule.

I am disappointed by Grimlock because he's always the first one to fall in battle.
    Given that he is 3s and he's been outtanked by 2s and characters 3-5 levels below him, I don't have confidence in his durability anymore.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  3. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Laser OP is from Generation 2

4. Tilarta

@ian5555
    That was the only useful piece of information the internet was able to provide, the Generation 2 connection.
    But despite searching all the images I could, including those of the cartoon with Skybyte and truck Scourge, I still couldn't find a show where Laser Optimus appears.
    As far as I know as of this posting time, he's a toy only and that's all he has ever been.

5. Carnage73

Carnage73 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    From the What's New section when I go to the app page in the Google Play store.
    ◆ New Autobot Detected: DRIFT
    A warrior-born, Drift abandoned his former ruthless ways, exchanged his guns for swords, and became a crusader for justice - albeit his own brand of rough justice!

◆ New Decepticon Detected: BARRICADE
    Barricade has something of a motor-mouth and he never misses a chance to taunt, criticize or demoralize his hapless victims.

◆ Plus: Sort your collection by either Star Rating or Power. Unlocks at HQ 8!

6. Tilarta

@Carnage73
    It just took a few days for the patch mentioned priorly to appear for me.
    I am uncertain if the Australian iTunes store has a different patch release schedule then in other countries.

I was researching Laser Optimus because until he was referenced by this game, I'd never heard of him.
    Still trying to comprehend the logic in choosing a character who has never appeared in any of the cartoons or comics.
    I would have thought going for a more recognizable alternate Optimus would be more appropriate.

And sometimes I do miss out on finding information, so asking for clarification can sometimes get the answers I want.
    For example, I had no idea the Powermasters and Pretenders actually had a cartoon appearance until I found the DVD sets at a collector's market.
    Nor was I aware these series actually existed.
    And the Motorvator retool of Road King conveniently removed the combination accessories in my country, so that's a toy example of how information can also be missed.

7. ian5555

I'm just telling you what franchise he was from and it was Generation 2 which was also a marvel comic series.

It was a toy made to sell more OP. Nobody went around calling him Laser Optimus Prime in the comic book but Megatron got an upgrade to a tank so it was obvious they'd upgrade Optimus to sell more toys because well, it's Optimus.

Maybe one of the devs had the toy as a kid and loved it so the character got a nod. I really don't care.

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Solo weekend this weekend? I need a break and I have plans for Fathers Day.

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Man I hope so.... my brother turns 40 on Friday so we have plans all day and then Saturday night I'm at another birthday party. Sunday is the only day I'd be able to really do anything.

10. Lightmare

Lightmare Well-Known Member

Good call.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Just pulled my first 4* out of the cooker at level 51. 1.3 million XP needed for level 52... YEESH.

12. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Still Laser Optimus Prime is linked to g2 toyline as the 1995 vs. of Optimus Prime the third one if correct.
    But in comics only the shattered glass version made it to paper

13. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I'm just about to get my first to level 53. Surprisingly, it goes fairly fast, especially when you grind over events. I just can't believe some of the top players have them all maxed already. One of our "associate" players who helps us with some events just maxed his Prime and Starsaber. Insane, yet impressive.

14. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Oh and I pulled this bad boy on Saturday from shards from the event last weekend. I was very pleased.

I got him to level 30 and bumped his ability to level 8. I need a triple XP weekend like ASAP.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Lightmare

Lightmare Well-Known Member

I think I've reached the point where my base layout has become more powerful than the zone it's placed in. 5 defenses in a row, one with a combiner. Mostly it was timeouts but that counts. As the squads get tougher it comes down more to balance in defensive placement and strength of your walls. I don't honeycomb or anything like that, I just surround all of my defenses and storage with a halfmoon of walls so they are forced to destroy every high hp building I have while being pelted, then burn through a row of level 13 wall to get to my HQ. It's doing the job just fine. I'm sure if I maze it up a bit my defensive buildings could last longer and result in wipe victories but I'm fine as it is.

And take my resources, please. I get them back in two fights anyway.

Attached Files:

16. Astoriacrew

Astoriacrew Well-Known Member

What's the best layout for a base, walls, defense, etc.? My Decepticon and Autobot base layouts needs to be overhauled.

17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I use 4* Strafe and 3* Star Saber in tandem on my A-team... they are a force to be reckoned with.

18. ian5555

Don't worry you didn't because I never said it was Laser Optimus Prime in the G2 comics. I only said that Laser Optimus Prime was a toy from G2 which also happened to be a marvel comic book series. He asked what franchise LOP was from which was G2.

Laser Optimus Prime - Generation 2 - Toy Gallery (Page #1)

19. sinistarrsultan

sinistarrsultan Well-Known Member

Are you able to share your base layout? I think I have the same idea as you to use walls to guide/entrap bots to areas where they can be pelted. I just don't think I'm doing a good job of it!

20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    EDIT: Took care of the problem myself.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017