Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I know right. The inconsistencies are nearly impossible to get a thumb on. My general rule is to play it safe for weekend events and push the envelope for the weekday regular play

• Like Like x 1
  2. olevelo

olevelo Well-Known Member

I think most of the people who diss on Powerglide haven't used him much after they upgraded him awhile back. When he first came out, yeah, he was terrible. But now he's awesome. Way better than Air Raid. Sometimes better than Skydive, because it takes so long for defenses to burn off with his expensive ability.

3. Spector

Spector Banned

I got 4* Silverbolt, out of all the bots out there, that's who I end up with?

4. Lightmare

Lightmare Well-Known Member

I'd much rather have gotten a 4* silverbolt when I already have a 3*, than the duplicate Firefly that I did get. Count your blessings. It's a good chance with your low bot power you've shown that your alliance did the heavy lifting. Which is great, I'm glad there are alliances out there keeping lowbies on the roster for these.

5. Lightmare

As for the powerglide debate, he's done well for me even as a 2*. If I had a 3 or 4* I'd have him on my A Squad as soon as he hit level 30. His ability is great not only for bunched defenses, but also for taking out walls in the honeycomb setups.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spector

Spector Banned

Silverbolt, you pair with who?

7. Spector

Spector Banned

Does anybody here loves reading Grimlock's transmissions? Especially on Saturday, after I levelled up Prowl. Out of all his transmissions this is by far his best one

IMG_5473.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You could be right. They may have upgraded him in an update, because he was woefully underpowered before. And like I said before, I wasn't counting Air Raid with the others, because he's not an attacker. He's an assist character. He's only useful (and is very useful) if the defender's base is set up a certain way. If the defender has a smart layout, Air Raid is worthless.

About Skydive's ability taking longer to destroy something, it doesn't matter. You should be using him before you deploy other bots anyway.

9. Razorclaw208

Razorclaw208 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Yea...air raid nd silverbolt r all gud characters. Each has it's own strengths. But skydive is way too expensive... Three of his special attacks leabes u wid 0 ability points nd gets u screwed if u r in range f de other defences tht hv nt been taken out yet

10. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

I have a 4* Powerglide in the cooker now going to level 41 and he is awesome. His ability is cheap and as others say if you place him properly and there are some mortars, missle launcher or lasers lined up in two runs you can destroy them easily. His flamethrower takes down stuff really fast too. I've won so many fights with him at the end taking down the base super fast. Just get him to it and its over. I actually prefer him to Skydive in most cases as Skydive has the high damage to one target but the 10 seconds is a long time to destroy the structure and it's been said before, his ability is WAY too expensive.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Lightmare

I put him with my weaker flyers to disable and finish off things they can't. That long range long duration emp is very helpful when they park a missile launcher or mortar behind their hq as well. It's cheap.

12. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I pair Skydive and Prowl. Skydive for two targets, Prowl for one. By the time you spam those, your other bots should have done enough to allow Prowl another barrage and to send rushers to beams.

13. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

If you're a decepticon starting out or just looking to play casually the TFW Misfits are curently running with a skeleton crew and need some good people.

14. Spector

Spector Banned

How do you take out this base? I've tried 3 times and all 3 times, I get defeated.

IMG_5483.PNG

15. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Deploy Jetfite or Prowl to the upper right. Take out mortars first. Your bots might just be too weak. You aren't operating with a full team of 7 there. Rush the base with Hot Spot or Prime. Probably Hot Spot since he's shielded. Then again, OP brings everyone with him. Options.

16. Spector

Spector Banned

Yeah but there's a shock tower and a rocket launcher surrounding the base

17. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Take out the rockets with your bomber types. Hot Spot rushes shielded.

18. Lightmare

That's a zone 8 base with a zone 6 or 7 team. Just not gonna happen, his bombers aren't likely going to take out a mortar solo, much less the missile launcher which will tear that team apart.

Edit: just noticed it was the campaign. I'd deploy bottom and take out the beam and move up to the mortar while burning the resource buildings for energy, and bomb the missile launcher. If you have enough left for hot spot park him on the shock tower. Don't use Jazz's ability. It's too expensive and you'll need all you can get for hot spot.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  19. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Are you upgrading abilities too? You need to, if you arent. I take 1* to 3, 2* and 3* to 4 and 4* to 6. I do it as soon as I get them or can afford the spark. It makes a massive difference in what your teams are capable of. If you need spark, join an alliance and win some wars.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spector

Spector Banned

I'm in an alliance. But it's the Energon that I lack off. Also, I am using Alpha Bravo as flyer, when he's a shooter instead

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017