Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    My guess is a base with the defenses at the bottom laid out in the honeycomb walls and the HQ by itself at the top. Your bots waste time trying to shoot through walls at the bottom to get to the defenses so you never get close to the HQ and run out of time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Acesan

Acesan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the basic gist, the maxed walls takes ages to destroy and you are forced to destroy everything before you can move to the HQ; by design un rushable.

This forces the squad to be of a certain power when a base is maxed whereas a maxed base built wrong can be mostly skipped with a prime or Megatron rush.

A combiner doesn't help much because combiners by themselves waste a lot of time

3. nawoo81

nawoo81 Well-Known Member

Time traps seriously suck.

4. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Arctic Saga?

5. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's the event theme of the month, sorta like the aquatic stuff with Gnaw and Seaspray/Octopunch. Not sure who the bots are going to be though - really hoping for Perceptor sooner than later, and the loading screen shows Hound, so he's a good bet.

Will be interested to see what the event details are once they're released today.

6. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Snowcat and icepick for the events? Or maybe Rudolph? :D 

7. Deth

Deth Well-Known Member

Level 15 HQ come tomorrow and the event this weekend is another individual event like last weekend. HQ 15 will allow for bot training to 60, a secound missile launcher and 6 more walls.

8. Sentinel

News Credits:
    I'm definitely down for the HQ upgrade (FINALLY!!!), but the event looks like a joke. I'm busy this weekend so that's fine, but seriously?!?

9. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

How do I join the Line group? Do I need to be invited?

10. Deth

Deth Well-Known Member

I am in my alliance Line. I am not sure if there is a a VIP LINE, I think there is. To get that you need to drop a lot of cash on the game. The people I hear that are in it are dropping like $400 a weekend.

11. PhaseSixer

PhaseSixer Well-Known Member

Well looks like the hq15 upgrade and new zone level will render 3*'s obsolete.

Beating bases at level 15 will require a full 4* team and probably at lvl 51 and better as well. This will finally without a doubt be true separation between f2p and p2p. While some like me who have lvl 14 base and lvl 14 defs, and I will upgrade to lvl 15. Will have the base but not the ability to beat those bases.

12. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    You need to make a friend if the friend is in a group he can invite you to that group. So you need to chat with someones LINE ID that's in the group you want to join. Or at least that's what i had to do when i got in my Alliance LINE

13. Sentinel

News Credits:
    What alliance and gamer name are you? Are you part of the TFW alliance?

14. Doctor Ratchet

Doctor Ratchet Active Member

Yes indeed. Makes sense right? Handicap most of your audience. If it wasn't bad enough that most of us don't have the parts to make a combiner, now our 3* bots are officially obsolete at 50.

15. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

I understand (although I don't agree in the slightest) with the business take here - handicap your audience, and force them to spend more to continue to participate. I'd say that I can't imagine that business strategy actually works, but the proliferation of this type of game seems to indicate otherwise. The whales must really spend that much more than the rest of us.

16. Sentinel

News Credits:
    There have been reports Twitter some of those guys have spent $10k or more. Sometimes hundreds or thousands in a single leaderboard weekend. It's insane.

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    They're going to feel foolish when everyone jumps over to TF: Forged to Fight this Spring.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Doctor Ratchet

Doctor Ratchet Active Member

And if the game by Kabam hurts or kills Earth Wars, SpaceApe only has themselves and their greed to blame. I have no problem with them wanting to make money, but these bundles and dupes from crystals are a joke. They're laughing out loud at the people willing to drop money on these.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Acesan

Acesan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think that game will replace earth wars - fighting games are quite a bit different . I tried mortal kombat and the marvel game and didn't like them

• Like Like x 1
  20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It also has RPG elements which are supposedly "deep", so I think there will be some crossover in terms of grinding and leveling of characters. The difference will be more action over strategy, not to mention being able to actually see the characters doing things, which I think will lure a lot of people away from this game. I know the trailer has me pretty excited.

I've said it before, but if Space Ape really wants to make money off of me, they should do a GI Joe version of Earth Wars. I think this gameplay would suit that franchise better.