Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

I kind of figured it would come to this.

I can't say I'm excited, as I know I'm one of the weaker players in the main alliance (a top 25 finish is a good weekend for me).

If this is happening, and it looks like it's a done deal, I ask that there be very specific and clear policies for regular promotion and relegation. This has the opportunity to create a lot of hurt feelings and bad blood on the game and on the board here if it seems like alliances are showing any sort of favoritism or unfair treatment.

Something like "every other team event we restack the roster based on the following criteria:"

My two cents.

2. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Well that's on officers to keep a constant communication so players can move when needed. Also we are only human and oversights and mistakes will happen sometimes so if you feel you have grounds to complain about your current position talk to an officer and ask for help.

That said if your scoring 5k in events I suspect you'll be in a decent position and your A team will not stay weak for long with the xp you're farming.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mpau25

mpau25 Well-Known Member

I'm excited for these changes. Kudos to everyone involved in making this work!

4. wingzerox8

wingzerox8 Well-Known Member

I think there definitely need to be guidelines and penalities for the main alliance to ensure ppl stay competitive and active. Like the top alliances do, we should give a rough ballpark of how much pts u'll commit prior to an event. if ur NOT within 10-15% of it u'll get penalized n get a strike against u? If u get 3rd strike u get demoted etc? Also by giving the pts idea we can maybe allow one or two slots for those in the middle alliance who commit more to move up etc.

Sorry for my rambling, just throwing some ideas out there to keep everyone as satisfied as possible.

5. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

I like this whole idea. The last 2 events since I joined the TFW2005 Decepticon Alliance, we placed low. I believe the last one we didn't get any reward. If the top 20 guys would have been able to put in 5000 each and the other 20 did 2000, we would have finished at a higher place (140,000 minimum). I totally get that this may not be realistic, and I'm in no position to tell anyone what to do, but it would have been nice. I was actually able to contribute a lot of points without spending any cash or spending every hour of the 3 days playing.

6. Fakter1

Fakter1 Free to go to Cybertron

We are certainly working on these guidelines. The fact that there are three tiers makes the situation much more flexible for all. If you don't know Kremzeek, many of our players are incredibly committed. The idea is to find the right level of player commitment that is right for all of our players. This benefits everyone.

7. Kero

Kero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't worry about this too much. The 3-4* bots in the strafe and UM type events are pretty much out of reach, but come 4* events, I would think the top alliance will finish early and so there'll be a constant pool of higher players trying to get xp willing to help out official alliances as long as there are slots available.

8. iqb316

iqb316 nWo 4 life

The alliance I am part sort of does this. It has two feeder alliances. Once the upcoming event is known they present a 'sign-up sheet' with 40 slots to all three teams along with the minimum number of points required by each participant. Those that have other commitments or know they won't be very active during the event do not sign up and people are reshuffled so that the 40 people signed up form the main team. To ensure the feeder teams earn rewards too a few top players move to those alliances for part or majority of the event. In the past, the officers were hesitant to kick people off the main team if they were not meeting their commitments during the event but now they monitor to see if you are falling behind and give you the boot if it seems impossible to catch up. This system seems to work pretty good.

I'm sure many alliances have their own system but I thought I'd provide a suggestion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

I'm in the same predicament.

10. JBStuka

JBStuka Well-Known Member

I think this is a great idea... I think it will allow ( in time.... because it will take a few weeks to get it all balanced out ) everyone to eventually land in an area that fits their gameplay style.

I will say though... that during alliance events... once we're all a little settled in... if it's very obvious that the top alliance is going to finish up the event with extreme ease, it would be extremely nice if a few of the top earners jump out and go into the lower alliances to help them also get a some of the achievements. Thereby making a few slots open for the top earners in the next tier alliance to jump up one tier at least for the event. This way in time... the top players of the lower alliances are given a bit more opportunity to earn higher rewards for their hard work. Also it would allow a slow rotation of people to build their teams up faster.

I think this system really could work well if there are windows of opportunity for rotations. I think as time goes on, this will actually help to improve the levels of all three alliances.

11. Ozil

Ozil Commander

News Credits:
    I'm one of those players that left Kremzeek, but it wasn't because of the people - in fact. I have stayed in contact since I left.

Here's the thing about the changes. They will be good for everyone. The biggest issue with each alliance is that there are a handful of players in each group that want to compete for the best prizes week in week out. Because they're so spread out, no one alliance is reaping the benefits because the other players are more casual or have stuff going on. Nothing wrong with that either, but it does impede alliance growth on all levels. Sure, person A with not as strong a team or HQ might be contributing as much as they can, but it's not helping because 6 or 7 members who have better equipped squads and HQ's are frustrated as they see lack of progression

What the TFW gang is trying to do now is prevent a mass of bad blood. If you're a casual or newer player, this allows you guys to go to a feeder alliance and compete at a level that you can feel like you're progressing. From my own experience with Kremzeek, the lower level players would attempt wars, but never made it out of the first battle because their teams weren't strong enough. Having feeder alliances changes that. No one feels pressured and there's not going to be resentment from experienced players who might feel held back

If you're feeling offended or insulted, all I'd say is consider the players that want to get the bigger and better prizes. Ask yourself is it fair to them to continue on like this being loyal even though they won't be able to get that 3* Rodimus, Magnus, or Swoop they were hoping before the event even started because there was a quarter of the group that for whatever reason, couldn't keep up. Again, I don't believe anyone is shaming because of low point totals etc etc. This is going to be beneficial for all groups in my mind.

Just my thoughts and yes, I do want to see TFW do well even though I'm no longer part of the group

12. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm perfectly fine being moved into the kremzeek alliance, as I have been getting my ass kicked in the alliance wars lately.

13. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

2 wildly different post topics here-

1) I'm all in favor of the changes. I think they will be good for people, and will help those that have the time & energy to get the most out of the game. I'm sure people will get frustrated with their placing from time to time, but I believe that the officers will figure out how to make it fair, and give everyone who is actively participating a chance to get some good rewards.

2) Completely different topic: How do people spend spark? I.e. do you have a strategy for which bots you upgrade abilities on? For me, it's obviously the abilities that improve damage (Air strikes, blasts, etc.) What I'm not so sure about is how much to consider upgrading less direct abilities - emp blasts, glass gas, etc. And obviously star rating has an effect as well - would much rather boost 4* over 3*, and 3* over 2*. I usually pump 2*+ bots to level 3 without hesitation, no matter what, but going past that, I only have so much spark/energon, so I'd like to spend it wisely. What are peoples thoughts on this?

14. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    I was foolish and bumped all my bots to 3 and my early 4*s to 5... bad move. Had I not done that I would have a closer "recommenced" zone as the boost of the abilities skewed my bots actual power. I recommend to spend spark on high star normal flyers, and what ever grenadiers you use most. I also upgrade Jumpstreams ability as it keeps the defense's from attacking my gunners as well as prya's and Slags as their ability set fire along the way which really helps weaken other defense's in the higher zones. You must MUST get your normal 3*+ flyers up first to at least ability 6 to one strike zone 11 and 12.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CQCSnake

CQCSnake Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what are the chances of getting 3* and 4* from those character specific crystals? Someone said he bought 5 Strafe crystals and got a 3* Ironhide and 4* Arcee. I'm fairly sure he got lucky but I want to double check.

16. Fakter1

Fakter1 Free to go to Cybertron

I do all 3 and 4 stars to 3 then do fliers to 5-6 then it gets difficult to choose.

17. iqb316

iqb316 nWo 4 life

Someone on my team bought one Blaster bundle and pulled a 3* Blaster and a 3* Mirage. Another person bought four Soundwave bundles and got all dupes...

18. CQCSnake

CQCSnake Well-Known Member

Yikes...

19. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I bought 2 Scourge crystals and got nothing but 2-star dupes. Someone in my alliance bought the Soundwave bundle and got nothing but dupes with no Soundwave

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  20. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only people who should be worried about the re-alignment are the leechers and vultures.

Properly managed, the re-alignment is a good thing. My autobot alliance improved after doing this (Lost Lighters/Academy of Light/?). We're were suffering badly before but good now. We consistent and aren't losing members left and right. My decepticon alliance is still suffering because it has resisted doing this.

The only thing is that it needs the officers to be on the ball for rotating members when needed. During the 4* event if the primary alliance finished in 1 1/2 days then the bottom of the secondary alliance needs to be swapped out for active temp members. This tightrope act will be re-admitting the dropped members right before the event is complete. Everyone would need to get the line app and there would need to be one line for each alliance and a line for the entire coalition.

My priorities:
    1) All Air Strikers and Acid Bombers up to Lv4, maybe Lv5 if A Team. For advanced players the upgrade don't really give much benefit but mid-game it's important as you want to squeeze out as much as you can when going against zone 6-9. Higher stars, higher priorities but are useful for the 2*'s too. Useful whether they are A, B, or C team.
    2) Anybody you expect to be on your A Team for a while up to Lv4. (Usual preference of air>gunner>tank)
    3) High killing potential abilities (i.e. Razorclaw/Grimlock & Swoop/Scourge)
    4) High use abilities (user dependent, I prefer immediate satisfaction of Orbital Strike and Rocket Barrage)
    5) EMP Bomb since the EMP time improvement is significant but ability is low cost. (Thundercracker/Silverbolt)
    6) All bots up to ability Lv3 since i'ts so cheap.
    7) Bots you use in your outpost if not covered by 1-6.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1