Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. nawoo81

nawoo81 Well-Known Member

i could have gotten you a spot in cybertron Event. Just need a 15k commitment, which is doable even for free to play players

This event is definitely much slower paced and not as crazy as Magnus. I think everyone is burnt out from that one.

Even Primus isnt going for it. Space ape can go screw themselves.

Cybertron Event is just taking it chill, and still easily making the Top 5.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The event might be moving more slowly near the top, but it seems way more brutally paced in the 300s than the Magnus event.

A few events ago, we were pretty easily around the 200 rank. For the Magnus event, we struggled to stay in the top 300. This event, even with a stronger team, we are barely hanging onto the top 400. It's kind of ridiculous.

3. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    People are just burnt out. There isn't the drive to win since there is hardly ever a metaphorical cooldown period.

I'm not a free-to-play player. I do have a decent team, but I was forced to WAYYYYYY overpay to acquire it and it should be much stronger ($800+ for ten 4-stars, 3 of which were free). My thing is that I can xepnse for the chance at a stronger character, but I cannot justify the excessive cost of skipping cooldowns and buying cell packs. Plus, who wants to play that much? I can play every 40-mins or so and that is more than enough for me.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    you've spent $800 on this game?

5. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    That's still pretty low. People have spent THOUSANDS on this game.

6. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm still at $70 +/- $5 -- don't remember the exact amount. My base is a couple of weeks from being maxed out, and my team is winning many battles in zone 12. Most of my core bots are level 47-49. Just pulled a 4* Prime yesterday from a crystal I slowly accumulated through shards. Definitely happy with what I've accomplished for what I paid.

7. Crono0001

Crono0001 Well-Known Member

Untrue. Psy-Ops is the same people over and over again. By the way, 90% of us are F2P this weekend. At least now, the Top 5 know what we are capable of, should any other team try to de-throne us.

8. Ozil

Ozil Commander

News Credits:
    There are alliances doing that though but I apologize for the blanket statement. That's awesome that your player base is 90% FtP and still placing where you are. Great work

9. PhaseSixer

PhaseSixer Well-Known Member

You have to be the luckiest person alive when it comes to this game, to be able to compete in zone 12 and only have spent $70, that means you have what 6-7 / 4* characters, from what? 1 30 pack bundle, and a $20 dollar bundle? If true and I hope it is, this is what I mean by this game being unbalanced, your telling us you have spent under $100 and have a almost maxed out base and you compete in zone 12, there are people who spend thousands and aren't there yet, how is that fair? That's why I say in a game like this is there is no such thing as competitive balance when it comes down to luck of the draw.

10. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    No, to be fair keep in mind that a number of the staff here participated in the beta, so I am months ahead of anyone who signed up when it went live worldwide. That has a lot to do with it. I had one 4* coming out of the beta (Wheeljack- level 48), and I acquired Prowl (44) and Sky Dive (37) at the two 4* crystal events. Those are all my 4*s, other than the new Prime. Other than that, the rest of my three squads are made up of various 3* characters, many of whom were pulled from free or event crystals over the course of time. I've been grinding hard for a very long time to get them to near level 50 where my one top team is now able to take on bases in zone 12. Keep in mind I'm not saying all bases, but I probably run away from 1 out of every 4 of so right now, and most of the rest I can beat. Point is, like with any F2P you can accomplish a fair amount of what those who are paying to play are, it just takes more time.

Also, regarding a maxed base -- that really is a function of time. I've spent basically nothing on those upgrades besides the build bots. This is an offensive game and it's absolutely not worth it. It just takes time -- a LOT of time -- but eventually you can get there.

11. PhaseSixer

PhaseSixer Well-Known Member

Cool, I understand, I didn't know they had the game out before it went live, you are part of an exclusive group that has had a good amount of time to build up, I still think it's very hard to compete at high levels in this game without spending lots of money, and I agree with you on bases, I wouldn't spend any money to upgrade a base, when it comes to bases, time is your best friend.

12. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, and to be fair the structure of the game was different in the beta. There were free crystals exclusively for characters, not the mixed bag they rolled out with. We may have benefited from some more generous early RNG as well, who knows? And really, my point was mostly that given more time than a paying player you will be more competitive.

Also, I will add that there was some definite shell shock moving from the free-only beta to the world of pay to play when it went live. We were quite good on the beta game...ranked very highly a few times...and we came out into the "real world" where people had spent money and just got rocked. We were immediately thrown into the top tier (had to have been zone 11 or 12) and just got destroyed. It took many months to get my first 25 or so defensive wins. Now that things are maxed other than mines and a couple of harvesters, I just had a >2 week period where I didn't lose at all and am finally closing in on 100 defensive wins.

13. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    For reference, this is my full roster of 3 and 4*'s. Obviously not as awesome as a bunch of 4's, but getting the job done. I use Pyra (48), Ironhide (49), Grimlock (46), Fireflight (48), Prowl (44), Sunstreaker (49), and Wheeljack (48) in zone 12.

Screenshot_20160917-174143.png Screenshot_20160917-174200.png

14. CrimsonMagnus

CrimsonMagnus Well-Known Member

Wasn't planning on it, lol.

15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    3* Pyra Magna 1100+?!? Wow. Hopefully I can get mine there one day.

16. Doctor Ratchet

Doctor Ratchet Active Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  17. nawoo81

Do the top 5 rotate people in and out just to use their fuel cells?

Certainly not in Cybertron command. We have a list where people sign up if they want to compete for the 4*. They have to pledge a certain amount of points.

This weekend it was 15k, which is completely achievable free to play.

It was 15k for Magnus as well, but the pace for that event was insane, and it became clear that 15k would not be enough.

For the Magnus event, we had the most evenly spread out contributions from members in the top 5

I have seen the points sheets of Cy ops, Primus, and MAS and they are really top heavy. A few big hitters dumping in a ton lf points, but the bottom is full of people who put in pathetic scores, hoping to still get the 4* by not contributing. I don't think thats fair to those busting their ass off to keep the alliance in top 5.

If everyone stuck to their commited points, others won't need to spend hundreds to stay competitive.

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I suppose possibly if you've played nonstop from the beginning, sure. I'm F2P and I'm good for about 7.5k a weekend (playing all day each day), but I've only played for a few months and the first couple of those were casual.

19. nawoo81

Even if you have to spend a little, its worth it for the guaranteed four star bot. Rather than buying crystal packs and getting dupes all the time

i get 720 pts every 2 hrs, since i have 3 teams that hit for 240 pts every 40 mins.

Thats on course for over 6000 pts a day. So 5000 is not that much.

No one is asking you to buy the 500 fuel cell 30k coin bundle to continually skip cooldowns.

20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    takes a long time to get ONE team that can get 80 points a battle, let alone three of them. From a F2P standpoint, that is.