Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Crono0001

Crono0001 Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, we are all regular people, not millionaires. We don't have countless thousands to spend, and we're not able to convince all 40 members to spend money either.
    Here's the leaderboard for Cy-Ops (now TF Psy-Ops) last event.

[​IMG]

There's a unique, legitimate way we approach these leaderboard events. Again, I can only speak for my alliance, and not the other Top 5. I know Primus was switching out like crazy that last hour to try to surge past 5th place.

2. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Oh. I'm sorry.

I didn't mean to imply that you were "hacking" the game, like cheating.

More like "hacking the system," such as with player swaps, or working a tight play schedule, or some other dedicated paradigm.

Still, like I showed earlier. It would only cost a few hundred to put up 50K points. Not countless thousands.

Although I have to reiterate, I can't figure out whatever system you must be using! Very good for you guys that you've got it worked out, but the puzzle is driving me a little nuts!

EDIT - Ah! I didn't see your ninja edit earlier. Yes, I guess with many potential teams to player swap, you could make sure 40 players were always getting a 4* with many, many support players waiting for their turn next time.

I wonder if any of the other alliances are just paying their way through?

3. Crono0001

Crono0001 Well-Known Member

Most of our members certainly did pay, don't get me wrong. I certainly did. We are getting SpaceAped pretty badly, but it's not just about brute-forcing it with your A team on Z12 24/7. It takes a bit of finesse to make good use of your fuel cells :) 

There certainly is a regime though.

4. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Tell me about it! Spending or not, I'm very impressed with your play regime.

I spent last event (but only once and only at the last hour when things got nuts), and I was pretty happy to break 12,000k points!

5. Acesan

Acesan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cooldown costs escalate with the cooldown time.

Based on some YouTube videos I believe they rotate within bot teams to optimise lower cooldowns as possible but still retain enough strength to do zone 11.

Zone 11 doesn't do much less pts as zone 12 but is a lot easier

6. zzyss

zzyss Well-Known Member

What was that event where every battled earned around 10 points? That was good, because it rewarded those who played more, rather than those that paid more. They should really do more events like that.

7. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Are there any guides out there for having an optimal base layout? I know mine is terrible.

8. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I'm looking at changing alliances soon. Kind of tired of having to play so hard just to get the minimum rewards. I have a base level 11 and trying to build it up to completion. I'd like to try for some of the three star reward characters at least. It always feels like most of the alliance are just coasting on the efforts of others. That's garbage. I participate in all wars and events and pull as much weight as I possibly can for the weekend events. Anybody have a spot for me? I'll do my best to make it worth our while.

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    The Ruby Crystal one I think. A lot of people hated it.

10. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Go the leaderboard and you can look at layouts from top players. Of course, they don't have to worry about bunching.

Also take notes on the base designs you find hardest to beat! Screenshot ones you want to remember.

11. Doctor Ratchet

Doctor Ratchet Active Member

This whole \"versus\" event thing will be the eventual downfall of this game...plus the dupe problem. It only rewards to top few that are willing to drop serious coin to win, and it is quickly becoming the rich getting richer and screw everyone else mentallity. People will just get sick of the BS and go elsewhere. You can see that the seeds of dissent are already forming and it really does leave a bad taste. Smaller/newer alliances are totally screwed and this game has evolved past them in terms of what it takes to win anything decent. Sure they can win themsleves some crappy forefield boosts, maybe a few other things, but the good stuff will always be out of reach. I\'ll never give them another cent but there are plenty of high rollers...or suckers that think they might get something good from the \"premium\" crystals...that will.

As long as SpaceApe is raking in the dough there is no incentive to make it a level playing field.

12. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    ooooo I saw Cyclonus in the video there. I was hoping he'd be the reward this time. I guess he fights Kup or Blurr or somebody.

13. joncbenn

joncbenn Groovy

I gave up on this game. It was fun and I loved the character designs, but the whole "you must be in an alliance" thing was a real turn off. Every clan has that one officer that is completely delusional and a complete bully. Just for something that they can't physically possess and will disappear when the game sunsets next year.

I'm only speaking about the lower ranked clans.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  14. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Oddly enough, it seems to be Hotspot

15. Badgerlad

Badgerlad Well-Known Member

Any con alliances recruiting? I started a con alt account a couple of weeks ago and did a bit of solo grinding, but it needs a real home now. HQ7, could go to 8 but pumping resources into training bots past 20 at the moment. I won't be spending big on this account, but I've been a pretty reliable grinder for the TFW bot alliance. Unfortunately, the con one seems to be full.

16. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Lots of missed opportunities in this game. Why on earth do we get 'build bots' designing and constructing the buildings while the Constructicons are out in the field, and Grapple/Hoist absent entirely? OK, Grapple's more an architect and Hoist a doctor, but we could've had Scoop, Landfill and Quickmix perhaps. Wheeljack, Perceptor and Brainstorm should be in charge of the research centre, with more weapons becoming available as the game progresses (in fact, you could choose to research certain weapons for certain bots, giving you more customisation options).

And what a let-down it is to have to fight it out to get 3 and 4-star bots who're the same characters you've unlocked already. It'd be much more fun to start off with minibots at the one-star level and building your way up to unlocking Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Ironhide and so on. Then, rather than the one-star bots becoming completely useless, they could remain on your team as the lighter/faster bots, with 3 and 4-star unlocks effectively giving you more strategy and brute power, rather than simply upping your stats all round.

17. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I'm a level 11 base with most bots over 30. I'd like to join a daily active Autobot Alliance with base 10 requirement at least. Tried several places this morning but too many places aren't following their own requirements. I'll gladly work for rewards but carrying slackers is not cool.

18. Stryyder

Stryyder Just another soldier

Try Auto Celestials. We're a 10+ clan, most around 10-12 with a couple higher. We war 2-4 times a week on the cusp between gold and plat and we are active on weekend events. Made the last 4* crystal event by noon that sunday, got about 200k on the magnus event, somewhere around 150th, hoping to increase that with the Rodimus event. Also have Line chat for strategy talk (and general revelry).

19. Txyzzy

Txyzzy Well-Known Member

Crystal City (the original) is looking for Autobot bases, we dumped the bulk of our slackers during the last event and are looking for additions who will participate.

20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Man... Upgrading the shuttle to go from 6 bots to 7 bots takes three days. Just started, so that'll give me a half-day on the last day of the event to earn some nice points.