Transformers: Earth Wars players - has the game made you pick up any figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gir, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Gir

Gir I want to be a mongoose

So like some of you guys I've been playing Transformers Earth wars now for quite awhile. Since I've started playing I've picked up both Slipstream and Viper figures since I have them in the game. Been considering Nightbird as well since I've got those characters in game and been using them (I know Slipstream isn't super amazing in game). Been considering Victorion too since I see those bots a fair bit. Also been doing a bit of paint touch ups on a few figures - mostly constructicons and combaticons. Nothing major, but little things like hubcaps and headlights and things like MixMaster's head guns as their in game models have some more colors on them than the toys. Though still not sure why Bonecrusher's hands are red in game.

At any rate got me wondering if any other players have gotten a figure they didn't have previously due to their exposure in game.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  2. Razorquake

Razorquake Well-Known Member

Wasn't fussed over victorion originally, got a few of her component characters in game then changed my mind. Got her on sale, though...

3. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

TFEW inspired me to watch G1 all over again for the first time since my childhood. Watching G1 made me start collecting figures period. I'm now well over twenty figures including three 3P ones.

I'm also currently in the middle of season three of Transformers Prime.

So, yeah. For me, TFEW basically started the entire hobby :) 

• Like Like x 3
  4. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

News Credits:
    No, but I've a new appreciation for the CW Blast Off chilling on my desk right now. I'm half-tempted to get me an MMC Bovis (Tantrum?) and get him painted up like his TFEW model, since I adore using cow man in-game. Wreck your dumb pterodactyls on defense!

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I haven't bought anything yet, but I've become sorely tempted by Victorion since playing the game. The characters are all useful and look great.

6. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    Started playing two years ago. Haven't picked up any figs in maybe ten years, though friends & family occasionally give me a random toy for birthdays etc. Haven't posted on here since the Bumblebee movie (I think). I am glad, however, that Earth Wars taught me the names of some of the more obscure transformers, which I might not have otherwise ever learned.

• Like Like x 2