Transformers: Earth Wars mobile game

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UltraPrimal, Feb 10, 2016.

1. AlienRadio

AlienRadio Avatar of Entropy

Lets hope it's wall to wall Furmanisms

2. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    God damn! I cant download this. Waaaa

3. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    1/ Just another Clash of Clans clone.
    2/ Pay to Win.
    3/ Availably globally but blocked in Japan, as Takara owns the IP in Japan and has blocked almost every TF game and app here, whilst releasing little or no games or apps themselves.

I have played someof the TF games from the USA, and between the Japanese ones and USA/Chinese ones, not ONE game is any good. Why hasn't Hasbro realised that there is money to be made from kids and collectors online?

They could release actual collectable card games that actually were games, with dlc card packs open to collectors. THey could release custom launchers and live wallpapers for android with iap's for extra characters and features, or some actual premium TF games with hardware controller support for mobile.

Instead, we get Angry Birds TFs, those MOB-ile-GarbAGE card games and some other turds, squeezed out from the mouth of some Hasbro PR exec and left to go white and fuzzy in the iOS app shop and Google Play.

Hasbro's marketing/IP/digital mobile department heads should be sacked.

4. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    if you have Android, then allow your phone to accept "third party/outside sources for apks, or something similar, in the settings. Then, simply Google search "Transformers Earth War BETA apk", which itself is a free app, so it is not piracy. Be sure to install the apk )but don't open it). THen, from the same page you got the apk, download (and extract the zip folder if needed) the "obb/data" file/folder and then copy/paste it from your downloads folder to "internalSD/Android/Data".

And, "enjoy" an unstable beta, with English syntax errors (if made in China or other non native English speaking country, as the Mobage TF card games were filled with in Beta) and absolutely no gameplay at all.

5. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah nevermind

6. fendetto

fendetto Well-Known Member

i wish someone make add on kit on cw megatron leg part.. that look better than original

7. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

I would like a new CGI G1 cartoon series with these designs, while we still have some G1 voice actors around, please!

8. Prival

Prival Prival-con

This has been available in New Zealand for sometime. Its actually really fun but can get frustrating quite often. It does weigh into more of a 'Pay to Win' but it is still fun for free to play people (like myself)...

9. GR1ML0CK

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    If they can do it for video games i dont see why not. I been dying for a proper reboot that will tell the story right.

10. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Can we please stop with the 86 movie quotes? It's been 30 years, it's not cool anymore.

11. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Silence or you'll be held in contempt of this forum.

12. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Kickback looks like G1 1980's Kickback.

Starscream looks like it's based on the current legends model which is based off an older IDW design.

I'd be interested to see what else is in there.

13. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Maybe he has nothing but contempt for this forum :( 

14. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Starscream has a similar design for both the Leader and Legends toys, which I have both of. Now I'm kinda seeing a Devastation look in him though.

But my point is that clearly this had barely any effort put into him.

This is evident from the use of BLOODY QUAKEWAVE!

15. optimall

optimall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Been playing it for a few days now. This is seriously rigged to make you pay, or wait the 17hrs to upgrade a tower. Everything has an insane waiting time after the third day of playing.

16. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Can't see any of them.

Maybe its for the best...seems like a bad game...just like most F2P mobile games.

17. BadEugoogolizer

BadEugoogolizer Male Modeltron

I've been playing it for the last week on a non-US Google Play account. If you like Clash of Clans or Star Wars Commander, it's not going to replace those completely. You don't train loads of troops for incursions, you just have power cells and a shuttle that can carry a varying amount of your Cybertronians based on upgrade level. The cells recharge @ 1 every 4 minutes and cost 5 per attack, caps at 25.

Same story. Build base, collect resources, upgrade base, defend against opposite faction players, join a crew and battle other groups for glory.

Replays don't work at the moment, so you want to see how your base defense is going? Too bad for now. Just hope you get more victory messages than defeat in the ol battle log.

Bot AI is basically terrible. They mindlessly move to the next closest building and attack it, even if you force a target using the ability points they sometimes just see a butterfly and start shooting at the building it's near instead after the initial attack. Megatron's character card says he prioritizes defenses, but when I see him hammering on a builder bot and two energon storage areas instead of the three cannons shooting him and the Optimus Prime punching him in the face, I start to wonder. Seekers launch air strikes and then sometimes go for the target after they land if it's still active. Sometimes the butterfly thing. The medic is the worst, though. You have to make sure never to use ability points to make the bot with the lowest health go out of range of the medic because it will follow that bot across the map letting no defenses or obstacles stop it. This will 100% of the time lead to the medic's death in any sort of even fight. It's worse for Kickback and the seekers because they all come right back to their starting point after their ability animation. So the medic runs through half the base, triggering all its defenses and getting shot at by *everything* before it falls over and they end up right where they were in the first place with the same amount of health. It's an annoying adjustment to have to make when you consider that bots are invulnerable during their ability animations.

Also at the moment, even the premium currency crystals don't necessarily mean you'll get a new or even a powerful bot. I got a couple with the free premium currency at the beginning and held on to them until my base was high level. The bots go up to 4-star at least. The premium crystals yielded a few 2-stars. Out of about 40 regular crystals I landed a single 3-star character. The star level also limits how high the bot can level up. 1-star goes to 20, 2-star to 30, and so on. When you only have a crew of one star bots (and the 2-star leader you get at the beginning for simply having a body temperature roughly in the 90's) you'll hit a brick wall after about HQ level 7. There's currently no way to upgrade a bot's star level.

The ability upgrades are also really pricey, but when you don't have many characters worth upgrading it doesn't really matter. Going past level 3 of an ability will cost you boatloads of Spark and if you get a 2-star of the same bot, you get none of it back to help train the new version.

Thankfully that's about all that's really bad about it so far. The battles are all pretty fun and each well designed player base provides a unique challenge. It's also fun to order Starscream and Thundercracker to do a missile attack, and follow it up with a Megatron tank charge to bust through some walls. It's worth playing, but I wouldn't spend any of your money on the premium stuff unless they get the bugs worked out. Buy more toys instead. I am!

18. optimall

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Screenshots

Attached Files:

19. optimall

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter: