Transformers DOTM Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nelson, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Fuck it. Im sticking with my own opinion.

2. ambi889

ambi889 Well-Known Member

This!

3. brains

brains Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another review

Average, I wasn't a fan of ROTF, but its certainly a better film. The jokes are here and there, annoying sidekicks, Sam's parents, Alan Tudyk was brilliant! My biggest problem was the pacing, it starts off great introducing the moon stuff, then some stuff to do with chernobyl, but it looses momentum pretty fast in the middle before getting it back towards the end, it's a lot of action for the eyes to take in 3D, but some of the 3D is amazing.

4. WarDrums

WarDrums Well-Known Member

Oh noes! Some wacko internet reviews pop up and everyone here thinks the movie is the worst in the series. Apparently everyone here was expecting a soft, quiet film about giant robots and the US military engaged in a deep, philosophical meditation based upon a kid's toyline. Newsflash everyone, Transformers is not a deep concept. G1 wasn't deep either. The general public just wants to see an awesome popcorn flick and that is what we are going to get.

You make an actionless, slow-moving Transformers movie and it will bomb harder than Jonah Hex.

5. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

People have forgotten the whole point of going to
    The movies.

6. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

Common sense.

7. WarDrums

Why are you posting crap from IMDB's message board? Not a credible source at all.

8. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is hilarious i mean come on guys at least we have one positive review on RT so far that is leaps and bounds over ROTF im excited i mean i am trying to keep my excitement in check. But i cant help it going to do a TRANSFORMERS marathon this week leading up too it

9. Tekito

Tekito New Member

THIS!!!
    Seriously guys, since when did we let critics shape out opinion on the Transformers movies? Whatever happened to following your own opinion and not letting others get to you. I think the problem some of you guys is that you get so hyped up and think that the movie is so amazing that you expect almost nothing but positive when it comes, but once you see any signs of negativity that every movie gets, you act like those negative reviews for some reason are more valid that any positive reviews made about it.

Ever thought that maybe the people who say the humor is still childish are one of those pretentious full of themselves critics that may have already had they're mind preset to think if this movie's not 100% different than the previous movies than it's problems are just as bad as it's predictors? (I hope I'm making sense, LOL) For some people, they'll blow up a couple of simple double entendres as being just as bad dogs randomly having sex, seeing someone's butt, and seeing a robot's balls.

They want a completely serious movies with no silly (in a food way) humor and if they get any of that, no matter how small it is, they will criticize it. It's also silly for you guys to think that this movie won' have any silly humor too. From what I've heard, all they do is make a few sex jokes and that one scene with Ken Jeong. Nothing worse than the first movie. In fact it sounds a bit more mature than the first movie.

Stop letting others shape your opinion and just watch and enjoy the movie yourself.

10. WarDrums

Wasn't the humor childish in the first Transformers? Have any of you ever seen the first movie? According to the DOTM novelization there is less humor than the first.

11. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :bay :lol 

12. wowzers

wowzers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    could not have said it better myself :thumb 

13. brains

brains Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. WarDrums

15. YanderePrime

YanderePrime Autobot

News Credits:
  16. WarDrums

She is eye-candy. Same as Megan. A prop, not a performance.

17. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Well-Known Member

I won't regard the critics' impression too highly. For me, the first one was at least an 8/10, not 5.8/10 (from RT).

18. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

19. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the 3D is enjoyable I may give it a shot. I set myself up with very low expectations for the last Resident Evil... and while the plot's beyond salvageable... I was entertained by the 3D action sequences. I'd do the same for Transformers honestly... the plots are forgettable... but saying you go watch the TF movies for the plot is about as believable as having Playboys because you're interested in the articles. >_>

20. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    I'm excited that the movie is 2 and a half hours long! That's what I'm taking away from these reviews. Hours of beautiful Bayhem, which is more than the critics had to say about ROTF. They thought that movie was ugly, and a mess. I have not heard that yet from any credible reviewer yet. That is a good sign.

MELT my BRAIN, BAY! MELT IT!