Transformers DOTM Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nelson, Jun 24, 2011.

1. WarDrums

WarDrums Well-Known Member

This guy is a troll and more dishonest than Red Letter Media.

2. JazzBot95

JazzBot95 Well-Known Member

The movie played in Germany recently, right?

If so it doesn't seem impossible that a German member of our boards was able to see it.

3. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What proof do you have that he's lying? What proof do we have thats he's telling the truth? Let's go about this in a nicer manner than it's turning into.

4. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    true.

5. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

ARRGGH im sooo confused with who and what to believe now....

6. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    Personally, I'm not going to be convinced of anything until I see the movie myself. There's no proof for or against Monkey-Hands's claim, so unless he scans tickets or something legitimate, it's going either way.

7. JazzBot95

JazzBot95 Well-Known Member

I'm honestly not sure why someone would make up fake things when all it's going to do is get them tons of messages from people who can't wait 2 days to see the movie...

And like I said, DOTM had it's German premiere today, and Monkey-Hands is German. It's not impossible he was able to see it.

I trust him more than IMDB and I can still be wrong but I'm not sure why he'd lie about it.

8. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Guys It's confirmed that carly has that talk with megatron at the end, do you really think optimus would kill megatron after helping him?

9. Stryker055

Ebay:
    Just finished reading the comic adaptation, and it's the same as the book. Gah, this just makes no sense.

10. Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands Turntablist

Yeah, I won 2 tickets for the premiere here in Berlin. It was pretty awesome.
    If you don't believe wait until you've seen the movie. :) 

11. Stryker055

Ebay:
    Okay, it's really cool that you've seen the movie and all, and I'm happy for you, but please elaborate on Megatron's death. It's the most controversial thing you've said now.

12. Tomboticon

Tomboticon Well-Known Member

I caught this from a Harry Knowles post on AICN. While not a review, from the looks of this post, he likes this better than the previous 2 TF movies....

"Hey folks, Harry here... and I've got a TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON screening set up for 10:30pm at the Alamo Drafthouse South this Monday the - Now, I have to warn you - if you have a deep attachment to Chicago - you may want to take some sort of relaxant before seeing this film, because Chicago will get the snot kicked out if in this film. I set it up for 3D because frankly - this film is astonishing to watch in 3D. Easily the best 3D since AVATAR - and in many respects I think it is superior. SO - we'll be seeing this in its idealized form. The Drafthouse's 3D has been fine-tuned specifically by Michael Bay's 3D technicians for optimal brightness and flat out wow factor. Personally, I'm looking forward to checking out the 3D again - that last hour is just jaw-dropping."

Can't wait til monday to read the reviews on this baby.

13. Monkey-Hands

Monkey-Hands Turntablist

OK, SP and OP are fighting. Megs is sitting on the floor looking up into the sky seeing Cybertron getting closer to earth. He says something like "Finally it's been done" or something like that. It was in german so I don't know what he will say in english.
    OP is losing against SP who cuts off OP's right arm with his huge blade/sword.
    Carly goes up to Megs and talks him into fighting SP saying that Megs will be his bitch and Megs will not be the leader.
    Then Megs starts fighting SP who let go off OP then. OP gets back up and after Megs takes down SP he wants to fight Prime who gets behind Megs and hammers his axe into Megs' head starting to rip it off plus the spine. I think that's what should be. Megs head falls to the ground with the axe still sticking inside.
    OP picks up a huge shotgun, walks up to SP and shoots him in the head.

14. Stryker055

Ebay:
    Okay, then. Thank you for clearing that up.

Now the movie is completely ruined for me because I'll know they droppped an amazing plot point that was in the book and comic.

15. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    How was it amazing?
    Sure, Megatron started a war that has lead to the deaths of millions, probably billions. Not to mention, it leads to the death of their ENTIRE PLANET. He refuses to stop being a fucking war monger and plots to kill an entire race of sentient beings just because he doesn't like them. But Optimus lets him go because all he wants is peace?
    Stupid. It makes so much more sense for Optimus to just kill the bastard and end it all.

But have fun complaining about it some more. Really, it's a joy to read about why one plot point ruined an entire movie for you.

16. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

so true.

17. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    guys... you are forgetting spoiler tags in this thread.

18. Stryker055

Ebay:
    You know, when I think about how Prime has been in the past two films, I've kind of warmed up to the ending. I do see where you're coming from in saying "oh, Megatron deserved it cuz he's evil", but I just found the book ending to be a lot stronger (not to mention ending the repetition of Megatron dying and the possibility of him being revived again) than Optimus just killing him again.

I'll admit that it probably will not ruin the entire movie. I'll probably still enjoy it. That will just be a pretty strong point against the film if I give it a review.

19. Filmgeek

Filmgeek Active Member

why what was the book ending?

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The book ended with Megatron surviving after helping Optimus kill Sentinel, and calling a truce.