Transformers DOTM Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nelson, Jun 24, 2011.

1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    anybody hear about the nascars?they have guns!!! :D 

2. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I bet the Scalpers will get to them.

But seriously, I hope most critics give this a good review. It seems Michael rarely gets any good press in the media world and it will be great to see 4 and 5 stars everywhere. :D 

3. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    Yes they are the wreckers and I can't wait to see them in action

4. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
  5. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I can't wait to see Fred Flintstone's pet as a red ferrari! It's goind to be awesome!

6. mephisto1138

mephisto1138 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It definitely sounds like this will be the best movie he's ever done. I'm dying to see the special features about how shooting with the bulky 3d cams affected his shooting. I generally like his quick cuts and spinning, but he could scale it back and from what he's said, the cams forced him to. That long interview with him about that sort of tech and how he handled the cams was really interesting, definitely want to see some behind the scenes on that.

7. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    LOL!!!

I'm still mad there's no Bam Bam though.

8. TRFC

TRFC Member

That person is entitled to their opinion, just as you are, but to chastise them for their enjoying any film is to expose yourself as both narrow minded and ignorant.

In addition, your lack of understanding of the real-life story of the pressure that befell a man (King George VI) with a legitimate condition who never desired the demands placed upon him by the irresponsible actions of others in his family only further demonstrates your ignorance.

I challenge you to find anyone who would have jumped at the chance to lead an entire country right at the very moment it was about to be bombarded by the full might of Nazi Germany at it's height.

You may personally not have enjoyed The King's Speech, the film, but you are in no position to pass comment on the real life events (and their effect on the British public of the time) that took place at the time, I assure you.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Haha, you guys getting back on topic after that bit of unpleasantness made me chuckle. Good job :) 

10. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
  11. WarDrums

WarDrums Well-Known Member

12. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Yes...by you just a few post back :lol 

13. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

14. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, it's fine, nothing came up for me

15. TRFC

TRFC Member

AutobotSkids -

I'll happily re-post the review here if you want (and if no one objects). Bear in mind though, that this is a review by The Mirror newspaper, so by definition is about as useful as a kick in the balls...

16. TRFC

TRFC Member

17. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Could you do that for me TRFC? I'd love to hear what they say.

18. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, same here. Can someone copy and paste the review onto the thread, please

19. TRFC

TRFC Member

Knock yourself out, doesn't tell you much to be honest:

THE STARS

Shia LaBeouf, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Josh Duhamel, John Turturro

THE STORY
    Advertisement >>

When a mysterious event from the Earth’s past – and more *specifically a discovery on the moon itself – erupts into the present day, it threatens to bring a war to the planet so deadly that the *Transformers, ably assisted by Sam Witwicky (LaBeouf), may not be able to save the human race.

THE VERDICT

It’s big metal robot time... and the good news is that blockbusting director Michael Bay has delivered a high-octane bit of fantasy action-adventure that will have *Transformers’ fans relishing the film’s vivid 3D entertainment.

Granted, the departure of *Megan Fox has meant that the sex appeal quota has diminished. But the casting of some double-barrelled sultriness in the curvaceous form of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (British model and girlfriend of Jason Statham) as a love *interest for Shia LaBeouf means that she is not massively missed... *especially once the special effects kick in.

The general opinion – even from Michael Bay *himself – was that the last film, Transformers: *Revenge of the Fallen, was something of a disappointment.

So it’s a pleasure to say that this third film is a great improvement, with Shia *LaBeouf *really growing into the role of self-appointed liaison between the *Transformers and mankind, and the film also benefits from the addition of some fine *character actors – such as Frances *McDormand, John *Malkovich and Patrick Dempsey.

With a story that’s not as messy and muddled as the last film, Bay manages to bring a darker and more dangerous tone to the plot.

And when the *action kicks off – and boy does it look great on 3D – the film offers up a veritable feast of special effects mayhem.

FINAL CUT

Transformers: Dark of the Moon is a fantastic feast of all-action entertainment... the first big *summer blockbuster is one worth catching.

Read more: Film Review: Transformers: Dark Of The Moon - mirror.co.uk
    Go Camping for 95p! Vouchers collectable in the Daily and Sunday Mirror until 11th August . Click here for more information

20. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    I think a lot of people have trouble connecting with things outside their comfort zone. A film like King's Speech I watch and go oh man, that would be rough, I wonder how or if i could even handle that rather than just looking at it and saying I'm from LA and I'm a loud mouth American that don't sputter (self reference, not directed at anyone but me), I can't empathize with that foo.

Personally, I think its sad that the role Hugh Grant was born to play was not given to him :wink:  Come to think of it, Hugh Grant should voice a TF... imagine Grant and Shia both going uh uh uh uh uh dialogue uh uh uh sputter together? GOLD!!!