Transformers DOTM Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nelson, Jun 24, 2011.

1. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Good lord. I actually agree with you.....but don't look too much into it

2. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

Sure they will come..those critics...just wait and see lol

3. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Well at least the (technologically advanced) bad guys weren't thwarted by BLOODY ANIMALS coming to save the day.....

4. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Agreeing...
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, you lost me.

5. mephisto1138

mephisto1138 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, its REAL original :rolleyes: 
    "Some sources noted similarities to the artwork of Roger Dean, which featured fantastic images of floating rock formations and dragons.[244][245] Similarities have been found between Avatar and Ursula Le Guin's novel The Word for World is Forest, with Gary Westfahl writing for Locus Online that "... the science fiction story that most closely resembles Avatar has to be Ursula K. Le Guin's novella "The Word for World Is Forest" (1972), another epic about a benevolent race of alien beings who happily inhabit dense forests while living in harmony with nature until they are attacked and slaughtered by invading human soldiers who believe that the only good gook is a dead gook."[246]"

And for anyone who hasn't seen Roger Dean's art, HERE

Sam Worthington is far more flat and wooden then Hayden, he just has the good fortune of having a good voice and poor Hayden sounds like a ranting old woman sometimes (life's hard sometimes). I get nothing from his blankness (as opposed to Fastbender and Thomas Hardy who do silent and thoughtful right).

Its a lot harder to write and easier to screw up something original than to just take Pocahontas, throw in some obscure 60's short stories you read as a kid and then take the visuals from the Yes album covers you were rockin in the 70's. Cameron jacks WAY too much shit, he's just smart enough to jack from obscure shit. Go read the Humanoids by jack williamson if you want to see where the Terminator came from note for note.

I enjoy most of Cameron's work for the simplistic action fodder it is. I mean, Aliens is just the same plot of Alien with guns and MORE monsters. SAME plot: hey look, aliens, should we go look into this? No, lets not its too dangerous. Eff that, I'm getting involved. Oh shit, half the cast is dead. Quick, escape to a secondary vehicle that is safe. ok, we're safe. OH SHIT WE GOT FOLLOWED! Fire alien into space and roll credits. What a visionary. Plus he got his grunts from reading Starship Troopers and has admitted this. Borrowing and homages are fine. Everyone does it. Star Wars is just Sergio Leone meets Kurosawa meets Buck Rogers. indiana Jones are just parodies of the old Alan Quartermaine novels from H Rider Haggard. What bugs me is the mass love of Cameron when he's the same as Bay and Lucas. They have cool ideas (Bay less than Lucas and Cameron, Cameron WAY less than Lucas) and know how to execute special effects driven films (despite the horrible tracking in Avatar in several shots, specifically the one where Sigourney Weaver is either floating or jerking like she's doing the robot across the shot, but that's what they get for elongating mo capped animation and not going back in to adjust for the scale change). Cameron, Bay and Lucas are all tremendous filmmakers if you just take into account sheer technical knowledge. But they all have huge shortcomings... but for some reason one of them gets a pass and the other two are almost unanimously hated on like they kicked your puppy when you were 5.

I'd rather a film/comic/book/whatever show me something I've never seen and stumble than watch some smooth predictable polished drivel. Polished drivel is still polished drivel. I mean c'mon, look at the creatures in Avatar, what he didn't steal from Roger Dean, they just added more limbs. Okay,I want panthers, but instead of 4 legs, i want 6! Eh? Eh? And horses but with... you guessed it, six legs. And now for the flying creatures. Lemme guess... 4 wings? Hell yeah concept art guy, crazy original huh?! Now bow down to my crowd pleasing Titanic making bad assery, god I'm awesome...

wank wank wank says I.

6. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    The complexity of the models, the varying metal surfaces and their unique reflective levels just with in one character, its absolutely mind blowing.

And everyone watched their special features and heard how Devastator actually fried a hard drive the first time they tried to render him at full resolution right?

Nucking futs.

7. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

that must have taken a while :/ ^^^^

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Lucas has many, many problems. A lack of creativity is not one of them. He should follow Spielberg's example and focus on executive producing movies, not directing them anymore.

9. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    LOL probably less than one would think sadly. I just really hate over hyped over celebrated stuff when its on the same level as other shit but the other shit gets tanked on. Boggles the mind.

10. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

i completely agree.

11. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    Totally. The Clone Wars series is a fantastic example of that. First season was just ok, 2nd got pretty solid and 3rd season had me screaming whyyyy to my tv, whyyyy was this stuff not in the films. Fantastic character building and foreshadowing. But then again, big story, maybe 3 movies wasn't enough time to cover that many years of story.

Great great great idea man with a wealth of philisophical and historical knowledge but fumbles on execution because he's more into getting little visual details right than dialogue/pacing. But that's fine, just like you said, stick to producing those great ideas and pulling in the right closers to knock out execution.

12. Cranckasional

Cranckasional Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what I just cant understand??? We are ALL making threads about Nelson on Dino and Que and the Twins(back in "the" day) etc, Not knowing the man himself had a tfw account. Instead of asking random tfw members ALL this time, why didnt we asked the man himself???

13. SkywarpSion

SkywarpSion Well-Known Member

14. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    so that new transformers movie is looking pretty sweet. anyone else heard about it? I wonder if there's a trailer out...

15. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Yeah. Isn't that thing out in less than a week? Man, those Robots look sweet. :) 

16. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    I like they shiny yellow one. You think he has an action figure I could find?

17. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I bet it will be super exclusive and hard to find!

18. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    wow.

19. mephisto1138

Ebay:
    DRAT!!!

20. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I want the fire-truck! He looks like such a heroic and noble guy who can do no evil!