Transformers DOTM Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nelson, Jun 24, 2011.

1. SkywarpSion

SkywarpSion Well-Known Member

I´m sorry to disapoint you, but those early imdb reviews are BS.

Wait for real reviews ;) 

2. Nervol

Nervol Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Avatar was better written, and directed than all star wars prequels and transformers movies combined. If you can't see that, sorry. But theres a reason it received great reviews. It has nothing to do with how much CGI is in a movie. Its just that its a well made movie that delivers on old school hollywood storytelling combined with out of this world settings and visuals, that actually serve the flow of the story, not the other way around. Thats one of the most important parts of Avatar. The story isn't built around special effect setpieces, rather it all flows naturally and organically. Thats what seperates it from most other hollywood blockbusters these days.

Star Wars prequels, and especially ROTF were over complicated PoSs, that were jumbled, confused, illogical, and poorly thought out. Avatar worked because Cameron never loses sight of what the movie is really about, and he took what should have been concepts that could potentially totally alienate audiences, and made them into something concise, easy to follow, and satisfying. The term "complex in it's simplicity" fits Avatar like a glove.

Micheal Bay and George Lucas are just not as good directors as James Cameron is, its just that simple.

Also, Avatar was not being written for 10 years. It was written in 1994, put in a drawer, and pulled back out in 2005, and then adapted into a final script, as the original was less a script, and more a short novel.

3. chojin998

chojin998 Well-Known Member

What ?
    Do you work for 20th Fox perhaps?
    Avatar had no real plot, characters were pathetic and worthless. All elements copied from previous movies and anime/manga series. Even the flying islands concept James Cameron copied from Hayao Miyazaki's Laputa anime/manga released in the '80s.

Avatar is the biggest marketing scam in history and tons of adults got brainwashed up to the point of being happy to waste their money on James Cameron's worst movie to date only because marketing was telling them that it was fashionable and cool doing so.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Yes, that's why I could predict [in details] the end of the movie within the first two minutes of movie. Indeed.

Opinions: They change a lot.

Reviews are always right, aren't they? That's why Roger Ebert liked that abommination called "2012".

I'm puzzled by your meaning of "old school", 'Cause EVEN films like "Terminator" and "Die Hard" were much less predictable than Avatar, hell, Transformers was, and Transformers has more groundbreaking effects [in my opinion] than Avatar.

ROTF lacked a script, trying to compare it to anything else in hollywod is like trying to match a blind man with Mike Tyson.

And even ROTF was less predicting than Avatar. please dude, please.

Of course, Your Mileage May Vary on that.
    But I DO think it's much, MUCH harder to introduce "giant badass alien robots that turns into cars and fight each other to the death" to the audience than "blue people on a alien planet".

One concept sounds absolutely stupid [Transformers], the other reasonable [Avatar].

And I assume your opinion dictates the truth, right?

Which still doesn't change the fact it was a predictable, cliché, lacking, too long and with idiotic characters.

EDIT:Nervol, you deserve an award: You made me agree with Chojin for once.

5. Doomofman

Doomofman Suck my popsicle!

News Credits:
    Avatar's story was a total ripoff... Sigh, some people are totally won over by flashy visuals... At least that should see DOTM do well...

6. Nervol

Nervol Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever you say dude. You don't have to be a studio shill to recognize objectively better filmmaking...in every single respect. But thats the truth. There isnt a single thing in Transformers 1 or 2 thats done better than Avatar.

My opinion is backed up with the vast majority of critics and audiences, to the tune of nearly 3 Billion dollars. So I dont mind being blasted by a post as badly written and uninformed as yours.

Marketing scam?

lol, grow up and get a grip.

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    They see me trollin'...

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

First off, this is a matter of opinion, not fact.
    And I'll list TF things here done better than Avatar:
    - Action scenes.
    - Characters.
    - Effects.
    - Story.

You are a troll, aren't you?

Damn, why is this forum lurking with trolls?

9. chojin998

chojin998 Well-Known Member

Backed by critics?
    That is the reason why I find fishy and bad Paramount marketing tactics now on Transformers3... all of a sudden they care more about critics than actual viewers/customers.
    It just seems they want to replicate the Avatar marketing scam, which means that they got a product if not as bad as Avatar surely worse than the first two movies, otherwise they wouldn't have had any need for critics approval for sure.. just like it happened with the first two movies, critics were all wrong, people chose on their free will and despite critics telling not to watch the movies, the same critics that praised Avatar like it was the second coming of Jesus Christ.

10. Doomofman

News Credits:
    Nice to see Jim Cameron has an account on here :p 

11. doworkson123

doworkson123 Well-Known Member

i kinda have to agree with chojin on some of these statements.

12. doworkson123

lol, these boards are getting some insanely heated arguments all of a sudden, its as if the tf3 movie is getting nearer and everyone is panicking about what review scores the critics will give it... oh wait...

13. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    We get it chojin you HATE DOTM, and you will hate it when it comes out and you will hate it till the end of time because of your ******ed logic that doesn't make sence and becasue you can't jack off to Megan Fox in the cinema!

Now go, google up some Megan Fox pictures and enjoy your happy time and GTFO of this forum!

14. doworkson123

the troll battles begin again..

15. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Development...are you kidding, they completely ripped the script clean off Disney's Pocahantes and just applied it to an alien world with blue creatures. It's borderline plagerism. Moreover, having seen Pocahantes along with the rest of the world, I knew exactly what will happen. George Lucas not a good director? Go see a therapist. Michael Bay is coming into his own as well. Avatar, although I really did like the movie, was not the greatest thing ever to touch cinema like you're trying to put it over as.

16. Doomofman

News Credits:
    Agree with most of this, on Lucas though... He WAS a good director... Now? Not so much...

17. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

18. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    This is the ONLY thing I agree with you on. Me and my wife both HATED Avatar. It was only good with visual but the story sucked ass. It wasn't original and had no backbone to it. I almost walked out if it want for the visuals.

But you are wrong to judge DOTM before it even comes out. You anti this and that is ridiculous. I bet you have no real life friends or a wife or gf even. Your too negative!

19. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

He's just running out of creativity. But then again, he made the entire star wars saga from scratch. Bay at least had a stand-alone franchise already set in stone

20. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    :lol . but dont feed the troll monster, or else he'll come back spewing his crap all over this forum.

-side comment: i sware he makes the nelson haters look like idiotic panzies!