Transformers Digital Stickers and Trading Cards for iOS and Android from Quidd

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 23, 2018.

1. Deductor

Deductor Banned

It’s crazy that 1990 was still considered g1. Oh I just love all continuities. So old, new, or even slightly used, if it’s TF; I’m a fanboy4life

• Like Like x 2
  2. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Absolutely this.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    I want toys of this Barricade and Wheeljack, damn.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I see what this is. It's a universal look for core Transformers characters going forward. In years past we'd have different iterations of Optimus in the same year, whether by cartoon, toyline or comic.

This is the 1st time in a long time that core characters will share a design all across the board. I actually think future movies(if any after Bumblebee) will be based on these.

I like some of these designs a lot, they're modern but immediately identifiable by someone who grew up with G1 in the 80's. Brand recognition reinforcement must've been the main directive behind this. Proof that you can't kill a classic. Congrats to Emiliano for being given the opportunity to design these. I hope we get Generations toys that do these designs justice.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Alpha Minor 128

Alpha Minor 128 Semi-Lurker Extraordinaire

YouTube:
    Allow me to add my two cents to the conversation of \"we need new designs\" debate once more. We do need something new. We need something that universally defines the character as well because if you take away Optimus Prime, Megatron or any connecting thread between them and their successor is it really transformers? Yeah they still have the faces but if they do what some people are demanding even those faves won\'t mean anything. I think these would be a great base to work off of for new lines going forward but if this is what we\'re still using 2025 I\'ll be pissed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another reason I hate Bay, that there is an insult!

We agree again! This is so strange!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Septimus-Prime

Septimus-Prime Well-Known Member

So this is the Cyberverse Designs? Thank Primus that they got Optimus Prime\'s wheel design right again, based on WFC/Prime and RID 2015, hope there are more design accurate thrid party toys in the future if not so soon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Currently in one piece

When will we get Ironhide at all? Or Jazz for that matter.

• Like Like x 2
  9. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Going to be honest. If they go Muh 84, do ALL 84 bots.

So:
    Optimus (yes), Prowl, Ironhide, Ratchet (yes), Bluestreak, Wheeljack (yes), Trailbreaker, Hound (yes), Mirage, Jazz, Sideswipe, and Sunstreaker
    Bumblebee (yes), Cliffjumper, Gears, Huffer, Brawn, and Windcharger
    Megatron (yes), Soundwave (yes), Rumble, Ravage, Frenzy, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw
    Starscream (yes), Thundercracker, Skywarp.

Go full 84 or bust

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jazz of Staniz

That would be cool

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jazz of Staniz

I’m not sure if full 84 is necessary, but I think every Autobot Team should have both Jazz and Ironhide. I personally just love both of those two. Of course I’m fine with everyone being there as long as they’re not repaints.

• Like Like x 2
  12. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    The reason I say all of them is not to have all of them in a show.

To know what all of them look like for Evergreen. In another thread I said how Brawn should be in Grimlock's spot for Cyberverse because he's still the Big Guy of the team but gives a different alternate mode and another character a chance to shine

• Like Like x 3
  13. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    These designs are gorgeous! If these are in fact the Cyberverse designs (at least for the characters that show up), I\'ll have to check it out.

14. NominusDP

NominusDP Liking Shockwave is very logical

It's what Hasbro thinks will sell , besides Barricade here is strongly based on the movie design

• Like Like x 1
  15. NominusDP

NominusDP Liking Shockwave is very logical

"Prime Bulkhead"?
    That design actually first showed up in Animated , which Prime's design is based on.
    Animated Hot Shot is based on the Armada version with some of the Cybertron design's influence (ie the blue)
    I'm confused as to why you cited those as characters you'd like to see when they themselves are based on another design

• Like Like x 5
  16. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I'm happy Movie Barricade is finally getting his due. The G1-style for him was a long time coming.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    love the g1 stuff, so glad they are going this route. wish it was more g1 but this is pretty dam good.

personally, I dont want new characters, we have so many characters already existing that I would rather see existing characters brought back FIRST before inventing a guy who is exactly like a guy who already exist. I only want new characters if there is NO character already existing that can fill it.

So what I mean is If they are going to bring in new characters into the g1 mythos/line/toys then what they are doing with barricade and bringing him into G1 is what I want

• Like Like x 3
  18. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Welcome to my rule of OCs. Unless it's a generic or some other throwaway I will only add in a new character if it's needed.

Exception being Train dudes. I'm working on making a list of like 30 dudes to pull for trains that also use the preexisting train dudes.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Very, very nice. This is a proper redesign of the franchise - it's the same guys we all know and love, but a healthy mix between old signature details (window chests galore) and new ones (Wheeljack's shoulder guns are not symetrical, unlike the ones on the original toy, and Megatron has missiles in his legs now).

Barricade is a welcome addition since an evil cop car is something the Decepticons have lacked in G1 and while he is movie based, the more "tuner" look is MUCH more at home here in a more stylized, cartoony medium than having some stupid looking Fast and Furious reject be taken seriously as a legit cop car disguise. His head is more generic, very much Dead End, but his TLK head looked like crap and there was no way they were going to be able to successfully get his original (and far, far superior looking) head from the first film to work in this style. Makes me wonder how they'll do Prowl since he's the staple Autobot cop car and he has a similar hood transformation, though his legs and arms are different (doors are wings, wheels mounted to backs of shoulders, kibble free arms, bumper feet, rear windshield legs)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Thats what the Beast Wars guys said....then we got MP.

Thats what the Bay movie guys said....then we got Generations.

Thats what you say....so heres hoping for another 20 years of G1 goodness !

And yeah my 41 year old ass still loves me some Transformers. Something tells me when youre my age, you still will too. So I might as well keep flexing right? ESSKEETIT !!!!

• Like Like x 1