Transformers Devastation reviews and scores

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by The Deleter, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We usually don't get most of our games from Activision until release day. I got my review copy this morning. Same thing happened with WFC and FOC, and those games were great.

2. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    That usually means it has an "review embargo". Doesn't mean its bad or good. Some games turn out great and have had delayed reviews. I personally just look on YouTube and retailers for reviews if I'm so inclined.

I've mainly been hearing its under five hours long a repetitive in its locations and combat. Its subjective at this point based on taste.

3. vigowilcifer

vigowilcifer Member

Between Lego Dimensions and GH4 this game will probably go to the back burner. May pick up if I see it for sale.

4. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Picked it up today, I am loving this game so much, reminds me of G1 so much. Just wish we had more playable characters.

5. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

I'm a huge G1 fan and a gamer yet I had zero interest in this when I first saw it. Now that it is out, I still don't.
    It immediately looked like a quick cash in to sell new toys to me. Notice Devastator, Motormaster, and probably others are in their most recent toy form in the game, yet the rest are fully G1 and it is flagged as being the G1 game we've always wanted. Finally! ... ... :/
    The game doesn't look to be so much inspired by anything, but more like trying to draw in kids and old fans alike to go through their big advertisement.

Honestly it just looks like a phone game, or something made in about 4 months time that you could beat in 4 or 5 hours.

This review tells me it may be a bit better than I expected, but still not enough for me to buy it until it goes down to $14, which I'm betting will be pretty soon.

High Moon had the right idea at first, then followed up with a 5 hour cash-in game too.

When they make a true open world TF game with a decent story where you have to drive right and try to maintain your disguise through missions, and when you get attacked and have to transform there is panic and chaos in the streets and destructible environments, let me know.

6. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Now this sounds like a great game!... :thumbs2: 

7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I went to Walmart and they didn't have any.
    My Gamestop only had one on each platform, luckily I nabbed the 360 version!

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In this game's case, they just gave us the review copy the day of launch. There was no embargo. But, again, the same thing happened with WFC, so this is not an indication of it being bad or good.

9. longhaulsub

longhaulsub BULL IN THE CHINA SHOP

And no stupid humans. :) 

10. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there really though? You can play through the game as a different character, but you can adapt to the new play style very quickly and ultimately get the same experience, since Platinum games are very linear. Having to play a game with only slightly different characters or cranking difficulty up to "IDW Prowl Flipping a Table" hard is not a valid method of making a game last, in my opinion.

It's not a game like Metal Gear Solid aground Zeroes, where the game is only a short length, but you can accomplish your end goal in countless ways, making it more tempting to play through again- plus MGS Ground Zeroes was only thirty dollars, a price point which I think this game would be a good deal of it was priced at.

This is just my opinion though! People are free to like the game, but I think the complaints of little replayability are definitely valid.
    Not Nintendo's fault. The developer just decided that a port to Wii U wasn't worth the cost and time to develop, so they didn't do it. Nintendo would probably LOVE to have it on Wii U though, given the current third party drought on the system.

11. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

please tell me there is a cheat to play as more characters...I would love to play as Jazz

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just hope there's more playable character and skin DLCs.

13. The Deleter

The Deleter RUNAWAY.png

News Credits:
    Uh, yes, there is replayability? Infact moreso than there is in other Platinum games, imo. You have the standard 5 characters to play as, stats and weapon upgrades to grind for, and rankings for missions to perfect at an SS rank, but this game is surprisingly not as linear as other Platinum games, having an "Open world-esque" overworld map that you can complete in multiple ways with hidden missions and the like. But the biggest factor, imo, is that different difficulties (two of which you have to unlock) all change battles and encounters up with different factors and enemy behaviors, rather than sticking to the old "Add more HP for the enemies, make the damage they give 50% more" formula. This means multiple playthroughs on different difficulties will in fact not be the exact same.

Also, think you're kind of underselling the characters and their uniqueness, imo. Not only do certain characters get to weild certain weapons and upgrades, but Grimlock has essentially a completely different playstyle that'll change the game up in a lot of ways.

Anyways, more reviews:

Gametrailers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWrw6QqTzMY

7/10

Destructoid: Review: Transformers Devastation

8.5/10

Gamezone: Transformers: Devastation Review

Recommended

14. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Reviews are looking good.

15. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

I really enjoyed the Armada game when it came out. Proper vehicle controls, decent TPS, and no annoying humans!

I'm British, and I use Americanisms plenty. So...?

I always preferred the comics to the cartoons, and I was 9 in 1984. I think he was referring to the contrast (body count, maturity of story) in the comics compared to the cartoon. What the toon did well was establish a feel for the characters, through consistent character models and voices. The comics went deeper though, and were not just "Megatron has a plan, makes a machine, it goes wrong, he runs away".

And not mentioning Blitzwing by name, I am sure was more for the benefit of non-Tf fans reading his review in the newspaper. I am sure if you walked up to the average kid on the street and asked them who Blitzwing was, they'd look at you like a dog being shown a card trick.

I'm hanging fire on buying this game, since I get hitched in three weeks, and my Conjunx Endura comes before my PS4.. But I do intend to get it when I can. It looks like fun! And unlike WFC, I can tell the characters from the background!

16. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wasn't implying anything about the quality of the game. A 7 for this game given that it's cell shaded Transformers + Platinum mechanics + original voice actors = about a 9 for me anyway, so scores will be moot regardless from where I sit lol. :p 

I was just curious as to why that happens occasionally.

That post really should be in blue text. (And I don't personally share your implication, but rock on.)

17. Rob3880

Rob3880 Well-Known Member

This game looks like a lot of fun, but is definitely one where I'll wait for the inevitable price drop. $49.99 is kinda high for a game you can finish in one night. Once it's down to $30.00 I'll pick it up.

18. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    You PLAY AS BRUTICUS in foc AND FIGHT HIM.

19. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

I won't be sleeping tonight!

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    For only like, what, 1.25 levels out of twelve or something? He's not even the final boss of the level you do fight him on, which is the same level you play as him only the second time and very briefly.