Transformers: Devastation Gameplay from SDCC

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Niv3k, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Just try "button mashing" in Bayonetta. See how long you last.

Its really noticeable who has and has not played Bayonetta, which this game is clearly based on. It is the exact opposite of boring- Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 are some of the funnest, most challenging games made.

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Or button mashing in God of War. That will make you Loser of War.

I like what I see and cant wait for it to come. but then again I have always liked these kind of games.

3. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I like what I see so far.

I'm not looking for anything substantial. Those were since the mid or late 90's.

Except maybe for a few games. Even then NA tends to ignore them or are blind to it.

4. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Is Pat Lee the artistic director on this? This looks a lot like Dreamwave or AHM.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    uh that's because this is based on G1...and those series were heavily based on G1.

It's GEEWUN!

6. optimaloptimus2

optimaloptimus2 Sonic Xtreme, not Mario!

News Credits:
    Seibertron's Devastation hands-on with Wheeljack (video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gnbMboBfHQ

Wheeljack's special ability is a shield. There's some PR speak as the Game Producer tells us that Wheeljack's unique for having a missile launcher despite everyone having ranged weapons, which worries me slightly. We get more footage of the Devastator boss fight though.

7. yoonakron

yoonakron Welcome to you're "doom!"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Talked to one of the developers of this on the floor. The combo system is layered and has some depth to it, like Bayonetta. You can play this as a button masher, but you won't see all the cool combos/animations this game to offer. Kinda like the way you can play Street Fighter II-V like a button masher. Multiple difficulty levels, 2 of which must be unlocked. 6-8 hour play time, without side missions/quests. Tons of NPCs and Easter Eggs to find. Wouldn't tell me if Michael Bell was voicing Prowl, only that he also originally voiced Scrapper. ;)  Said Greg Berger was walking around the convention floor. If it hasn't been said, Grimlock is obviously playable as he's on the player select screen. Wanted to tell the the story from the Autobots' POV and see the gestalts from their POV, hence no playable 'Cons. Wouldn't say officially that Menasor was in the game, but since he does appear on the game poster...;) 

That's all I can remember.

8. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm very disappointed with the lack of PC support for this game. One Transformers game I'll likely have to miss.

Edit: Just watched it again and noticed that PC was listed as a platform. That's awesome news to me.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015