Transformers devastation full first level look

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by davidargile, Oct 5, 2015.

1. davidargile

davidargile Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey guys I'm posted a link to a you tube channel it's not mine or anything I just follow the guy, it's basically the first level of transformers devastation, the guy shows the entire first level so spoilers for people just to warn you and its a long video aprx 50 mins

it shows the gameplay elements and what we can look forward to

Anyways here's the link Transformers Devastation Walkthrough Part 1 - Chapter 1 MEGATRON (Transformers PC Gameplay 60fps) - YouTube

Hope you enjoy I think it looks really good but looks a bit crazy at times

2. AnegefalosGR

AnegefalosGR Elite Guard!

Really nice, looking forward to it. Great find OP.

3. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Saw this video a few days ago, the guy playing is annoying and I'm still not sure why this couldn't have simply been a direct IOS/Andriod game...other than greed ($50) and laziness (it's clearly not a next gen game).

5 hr story mode, no Decepticon campaigns, lack of locations, no multiplayer and no incentive to replay this once you've ended it.

And it begs the question why a real sequel to WFC/FOC wasn't an option....

As a G1 fan I can see playing this eventually just not for $50. So I'll just wait till around Black Friday when I know that this game will be on sale.

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah ill wait till trade ins or when it gets clearanced. not worth the release price.

5. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as I want this game, I too can wait until Black Friday - working on Last of Us Remastered right now anyway.

6. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

wow, this game looks great, they even got all the voices pretty spot on.

Some of the pacing is off, but its a video game, so that's acceptable. Can't wait to pick this up for PC. Wonder if it supports triple monitors.

7. BAD187

BAD187 Banned

Game looks like shit. Gameplay is what matters and this ain't got that. Slow motion bs wannabe bayonetta clone.

Game should have been called transformers, 5 Autobots on an hour long mission each.

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Platinum Games motherfuckers! Not surprised this game got leaked. Still, gonna play for myself to.orrow probably!

9. AnegefalosGR

AnegefalosGR Elite Guard!

wait, there are no decepticons? what about the decepticon trailers?

10. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bayonetta clone from the people that made Bayonetta?

11. Destron UK

Destron UK G1 Dinobot Pro

News Credits:
    Don't be a silly billy or we'll force you to play Transformers: Mystery of Convoy on the Famicom.

12. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Or ROTF with the godawful "hold button down to stay in alt mode" function.

13. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    I still haven't grabbed that yet. Loved it on PS3 but still have a list of games I haven't had time to finish on PS4 though. (Shadow Of Mordor, Witcher III, MGS: Phantom Pain)

Doesn't anyone play Air Mech Arena on PS4? It's free with PS Plus.

14. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    I'd rather just play Bayonetta.

15. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Wow, there sure is a lot of whining in this thread. After 30 years we finally get the G1 games we've always wanted, with the original VAs, music by Vince DiCola AND produced by Platinum games and still some of you aren't happy?

This isn't Bayverse crap people, rejoice!!

16. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    No, I'm simply not as easily impressed as others... Besides no one here is stopping you from spending 50 bucks on a 5 hr campaign. So you go ahead and "rejoice" as it were.

As for me, creating a G1 theme isn't an excuse for a company to be lazy and cheap when it comes to Next Gen standards.

17. The Deleter

The Deleter RUNAWAY.png

News Credits:
    Being cheap is completely out of Platinum's hands as Activision is the one who controls the budget. Blame them if you wanted something more expensive to produce.

Being "Lazy", though..? No. Dozens of previous Transformers games were lazy. Legend of Korra could be considered lazy. But this game? This game is the exact opposite of lazy considering the budget.

Also can't help but laugh at the fact that someone would think this type of a game would work on an iPhone

Seriously what

18. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    And I can't help but laugh at the people who feel obligated to defend this game. If you like it buy it twice. It doesn't change any of the issues I have with it. FYI IOS isn't just iPhone's.

19. The Deleter

The Deleter RUNAWAY.png

News Credits:
    I don't feel obligated to defend "everything" about it. :\ If you have issues with the game, that's fine by me; they're formed on your preferences, and are totally your call. (Now when people mix up objectively criticizing something because it's bad for the game itself and their own preferences of what they enjoy out of games overall, that's a different case imo, but also a different story)

Calling it lazy is all I have an issue with. Games like these can take a lot of effort to make when they're well made enough, and while players who only button-mash their way through Platinum games might take the combos, character behaviors, and overall design for granted, taking a look at a more experienced player who uses the game's combat to it's full potential, and finding as many hidden techniques as possible, clearly shows that the developers poured their heart and soul into making the game as good as it is. And as seen by the more experienced players now, unlike Korra, Transformers Devastation is one of those games.

I know. :Y But even on an iPad or a Galaxy, you just can't replicate Platinum games with touch screen controls, much less with how often your fingers would get in the way of the action. It just isn't feasible.