Transformers Devastation Console Game Leaked

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Takao, Jun 13, 2015.

1. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    Been trying to remember the 80s arcade game that had the animated cell shading like that It was pretty awesome. The animated feel to this game makes me think it will be like playing a g1 episode on steroids :) 

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I assume you're talking about Dragon's Lair or Space Ace.

3. deathdrive

deathdrive Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude Koei did well on Hyrule Warriors BUT this is a platinum game, Im hoping anarchy reigns. Go check out videos of that game, the multiplayer function was HYPE

4. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

So you're telling me Bayonetta game designers are making a full-on G1 cartoon-inspired game? Where do I sign up?

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some would say that it keeps people from being disappointed. It's a glass full/glass empty thing. I don't mind getting excited. It's part of the fun. If I'm disappointed in the end, it's easy to remind myself that it's just a video game/movie. And there are more important things to be disappointed about in life. So it's trivial really.

6. kaotika

kaotika Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i hope peter cullens prime voice is old-school personable g1 prime and not tfp god-from-atop-a-mountain swallow-the-microphone prime.

7. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm pumped. It's a new G1 episode that's interactive. Kind of like the 2009 Ghostbusters game where it was an interactive third movie. Very awesome.

8. JudgeDeliberata

JudgeDeliberata Majestrix

News Credits:
    The only thing that worries me is: Who voices Starscream?

With every single ounce due of respect to the actors who have come since, so very much of G1 SS's character is that voice. They've gotta get someone who can nail the late great Chris Latta's performance to a T.

9. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Well and Xbox360 is like a 10 year old system now. Plus there is a good emulator for it and it should run well of a decent PC emualting 10+ year old hardware ... I'll either buy an old 360 or try it emulated on the PC.

They need to release this right now...

10. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    One concern...

Bumblebee doesn't look like he's a VW (feet). That doesn't bode well for Sideswipe and Wheeljack. I hope the bot modes aren't too altered.

11. ComfyDeathshot

ComfyDeathshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope this is not another Legend Of Korra.

12. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    That's something that happened with age. Not something that can be fixed.

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. And it's sad that some people would rather focus explicitly on all the ways this game might be bad instead of allowing themselves to have a little fun with it.

Anyway, I'm excited to see the full press reveal. I'm hoping for a huge cast of playable characters & the ability to play as bots or cons. Interested to see how vehicle modes will be implemented. Hoping for a massive open world to drive around in. Ooh, a hub level at the Ark or underwater con ship between missions would be cool. Just a few days to wait to find out :) 

14. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    There might still be hope for a PC version since this most recent leak is for Best Buy store listings. Majority of PC gaming is digital these days and Korra made it to Steam so if there is a PC version it wouldn't necessarily be in this latest batch of preorders.

HOPE IS ALIVE.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I definitely hope this is the game we've all been wanting. It's risky for Activision to make this. Which is a good sign. It's a labor of love. Because it focuses on a fan base that might be weaker in numbers than the fans of the newer stuff.

Ohhh they can have soooo much fun with this. Female transformers. DLC episodes. Soooo much potential.

16. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I find it hilarious that some folks look like they can't wait for this game to fail just to throw it in the faces of people who are excited. It's like they got upset that someone got what they really wanted. If this were the 10th G1 cell shaded game to ever get made, I'd get the frustration but it's not the case.

There is no way for me to estimate how many G1, non-G1 and G1+New Stuff fans are out there. Having said that, I feel that there is at least a sizable population of active and inactive fans who would really want this game. Every game is a gamble, you can't predict if anyone would buy it but I just don't see this as a super huge risk. Maybe a medium sized one. I think this game will be one of those "Oh man! I totally forgot I loved the 80s Transformers, I so want to play this!" type of games. Just my guess though. Besides, like I wrote above, this isn't the 10th G1 cell shaded game to come out-- the newness factor is big.

I can't wait till we get more info and media!

17. ajiego

ajiego Active Member

News Credits:
    I think the game looks quite pretty. I mean when I first saw a screenshot I thought it was a drawing from dreamwave or something.

I'm curious to see how gameplay turns out. That'll be the biggest deciding factor to me.

18. kaotika

kaotika Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nyeah thats not true.
    g1 prime talked like a guy.
    tfp prime talks like a descended god from atop his pedestal.
    as you get older your voice isnt going to get more booming and massive its going to go the opposite way.
    thats all performance.
    watch david kaye shift from tfa optimus to bw megatron.
    g1 prime was only a little different than cullens normal speaking voice combining his brother and john wayne and didnt have him throwing his entire diaphram at the microphone like they make him do nowdays.
    frank welker still sounds like fred jones 30 years on.

19. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Korra wasn't even that bad. Just an okay from an otherwise stellar lineup.

Cullen sounds great everywhere except Prime, including Age of Extinction which came out after.

20. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

Nah I'll pass....looks pretty cool but the TF games(aside from wfc and rotf) don't roll well with me. Unless it has a shit ton of content of course