Transformers Cyberverse Toys Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Can I call these the Basic B series? Or Basic Bee? Please?

I mean, they're as ultra simple as possible, but I'll be darned if they're not perfect for my 3 and 6 year olds that don't feel like they're too Playskool. Like upgraded Rescue Bots.

2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I agree with both. If they toys were less lazy looking, they wouldn't have to fall back on Bumblebee again. If whoever designed these can't make a car out of a robot, they need to try making a robot out of a car.

3. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

So you’re just personally offended then.
    Given how many characters we’ve gotten in Generations over the last few years, this doesn’t bother me at all. I may pick up a few figures, even though it’s clear these figures aren’t aimed at me. They look like the characters in the new cartoon, so mission accomplished there.
    Seriously, these aren’t aimed at collectors. I just don’t understand the hate in this thread.

• Like Like x 7
  4. SiamGXPrime

SiamGXPrime Well-Known Member

Exactly! This is for your kids to play with. While you spend their college savings on masterpieces and such lol. Not every Transformers line has to be for us. It's so crazy how toxic everything has gotten. Some pretty cool stuff has come out these past couple of waves for the collectors at heart and for that I am pretty hyped.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I don't understand this hate either.
    I don't feel
    offended. I think the
    franchise could do with more creativity.

• Like Like x 3
  6. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron Big ol' Nightbeat fanboy

News Credits:
    I'll be honest, it's not just for kids. My significant other is not what ye'd call a long-term TF fan, but she did, after playing FOC, fall in love with Grimlock. And then, she went and found that legends class repaint of TFP Rippersnapper, took one look at the transformation, and went NOPE DON'T HAVE THE PATIENCE.

So, with Cyberverse, I might finally be able to whine at her enough to buy her first Grimlock figure, since he looks to have about 4 steps.

So, yeah, not just for kids, but also a gateway drug for, let's say, late bloomers... :p 

EDIT TO ADD:
    And like many have said, look at what we've got recently in the Generations sublines. Did anyone think we'd ever get a proper updated headmaster Skullcruncher? Or Sixshot? Or Overlord? Or Doublecross, fer feck's sake?!

I've collected more figures in the last 3 years than I have at any point in the franchise's history, including when I was a kid during G1.

So I would argue that from my point of view, Hasbro's doing something right...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Sure. They were pretty much working their way through the years of the original 80s toyline. They had to reach the late 80s sooner or later. It took over ten years since Classics started but they can't always rely on Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream and Grimlock despite them being the main characters.

8. Autobot Daniel

Autobot Daniel The Meme-Inator

Me likey that Shockwave. Might have to get him. 

• Like Like x 1
  9. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I hate that this is the successor to Aligned. The designs are so exaggerated that all I can expect out of the show is over the top silliness, and not in the endearing way. It's like a bad mix of Playskool Marvel Heroes and Hero Mashers.

I hope I'm totally wrong so that I don't completely hate myself when I'm checking out with one of those sweet little Shockwave turret tanks in my bag.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So "Bania" = Starscream, "Costanza" = Bumblebee and "Kramer" = Shockwave.

Seinfeld theme confirmed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly people didn't like Animated's exaggerated designs either. Regardless, Hasbro has definitely decided to adjust their cartoons (and accompanying toys) so they are geared towards the latest generation of children. Which is a little disappointing for the rest of us, who would like a bone or two thrown our way outside of Generations.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Woof, that Bumblebee Warrior class is disgusting.

I know Has/Tak is "budget constrained" with rising Chinese/Vietnamese labor/materials costs, but damn...
    It's like, I wouldn't even say that's close to what we've seen of the TV model. RID15 Warrior Bee wasn't that close to his TV model either, but this is a new low.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the only one im considering to get is that shockwave 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Autobot and N7 for life

CW,TR, PotP and movieverse *on top of* Generations don't count?

15. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Shockwave is a definite must get, Ultimate Prime and Megatron are going to be a wait and see in person and decide, but I will wait on the warrior bumblebee until they do one without the action feature. I appreciate the concept though of trying to make toys that feature a character specific gimmick like Prime's axe, and bumblebee's stingers. That might be cool for kids to have. Really digging it on Ultimate Prime and Megatron too where the play features seem better done in that respect. As a kid I would have enjoyed that, as a collector now, I favor articulation and stuff that doesn't hinder character appearance adherence though.

But I hope the next Bumblebee toy leans a little more on Animated's flip out stingers in the arm. Where it was a neat play feature, but also was unobtrusive to the figure as a whole. Hopefully these will get a decent enough hold into the market to get that chance to make Cyberverse figures more like that. Though I really think it's cool that Parents and kids will have a place they can mutually share memories on. Where parents can watch it with them, and make kids smile by talking about how they had bumblebee around as their hero too as a kid. So it's kind of cool to see G1 reimagined in a way to allow for that more directly to get families together to watch it and enjoy it together.

Do like the gimmick scouts though. That's kind of neat with how they do the mid-transformation to dynamic character specific action. Not so much collector fun, but I could see kids enjoying it, and some collectors might too. I mean let's face it, we do buy some weird stuff sometimes.

Thinking about this from me as a kid perspective, some of these I'd like, but some of these would have annoyed me with how it prevents the character from being the one from the cartoon fully.
    Animated had a nice blend on that. So did RID really, but I'm willing to give these a chance to grow and see what they can do. Shockwave shows they are still going to do some characters like that or re-do them so I can see why they'd get the action feature ones out of the way first to get people to buy the same character twice. I mean heck, in the 90s, many of us probably had at least 5 different wolverines or batmans or spider-mans. So why not.

• Like Like x 1
  16. NominusDP

NominusDP Liking Shockwave is very logical

Quite honestly , the divide in this fandom over Cyberverse and the decreasing quality of HasTak\'s products is either \"hit or miss\" ie \"I\'ll pick up this but not that\" or \"the sky is falling bumblegate 2018 Hasbro bad must buy expensive 3P version bc hasblow sucks1!1!1\"
    I\'ve done quite a bit of observation , and I\'ve come to the conclusion that Hasbro is trying it\'s best with what it can do with it\'s budget.
    Cyberverse looks OK , I admit but the salt over it (though understandable) reminds me of the various times this fandom was adverse to change (the backlash over Animated\'s designs , the initial reaction to Bayverse Optimus\'s flames etc) 
    But what say does I , one who writes fanfic have in such matters? 

• Like Like x 3
  17. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

I do hope we do get some Warrior-class toys that more accurately capture the look of the characters in the future. I just like having a toy that I feel like is the definitive representative of that version of the character. Maybe the focus on the pop-up weapons is only a sub-theme in the long line.

• Like Like x 2
  18. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok, I can somewhat forgive the other figures, but not this garbage!, Who thought this was ok?
    TRANSFORMERS-CYBERVERSE-WARRIOR-CLASS-BUMBLEBEE-BOT-MODE.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    The Prime Wars trilogy falls under the Generations banner. Movieverse I don't really count, because very few people (at least around here) like the movies much. They toys are fine in their own right, and I know I'll be picking up several members of the studio series. However, I don't think it's unreasonable for collectors to want a decent selection of toys from the current TV show that aren't compromised by obtrusive gimmicks, or from dumbing down the transformation schemes because it's "for kids."

20. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Time to move to another third world country then!

• Like Like x 1