Transformers Cyberverse Toys Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Feb 15, 2018.

1. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

*crickets*
    *cough*

My kid agrees: Legends...maaaaybe? Otherwise the fun-fund will be diverted to the rivers of Iron Factory and Planet X. Maybe tomorrow will be less sand in our eyes.

-Kronatron (and son). Not impressed. Nope.

2. Sgt Jack V

Sgt Jack V Sick of G1

Who else wishes Prime HAD MORE WEAPONS THAN A BLUE MISSILE?

3. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Neat...Grimlock and Shockwave for sure...

4. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon Garbage Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I'm buying the fuck outta that Shockwave even though his alt-mode is garbage. Hoping he can be fanmoded to have a better alt-mode once he gets released. The rest I can live without tho I'm sure my younger cousins will enjoy them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Septimus-Prime

Septimus-Prime Well-Known Member

I hope a third party toy company like Planet X or better, will make better toy molds based on this series in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

Like Shockwave and the large Optimus and Megatron, the others not so much.

7. IamaMeatRabbit

IamaMeatRabbit Well-Known Member

I like the look of these, IMO they look a lot better than the RiD line.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

After having time to mull it over, Warrior Shockwave and Ultimate Prime are the clear winners out of the line up so far. Both look pretty good, and my only gripes with either of them are just nitpicks.

Ultimate Megatron looks good, but he clearly has no elbow articulation and I am unsure if he has real knees either. Not having articulation on those joints is pretty inexcusable for a $30 toy, or pretty much any toy bigger than a scout class.

I really wish the warrior class had more solid looking designs. I loved a lot of the RID toys of that size class. Outside of Shockwave and Starscream (though I am unsure if he has knee articulation), the new ones look messy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

I like how much these look like the original incarnations of the characters. I never needed new TF releases to be extremely true to G1, but recognizable characters that pay lots of respect to the original source materal does make me much happier than a lot of what we\'ve seen since the live action movies started up. That said, these look like little kid toys, and they look cheap. Just not something I want in my collection.
    I\'ll check out the show though, and I\'m just happy Transformers is still going strong well over 30 years after it came out. If a lot of people do buy and love these, that\'s awesome!

10. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

What exactly about these designs do you believe would be off-putting to the target audience? Or does it just offend you personally? Because I think kids will like these, and I don’t see the problem.

11. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    They would also have liked other toys of other characters, and that would have been a breath of fresh air to people who would like some variety in this franchise.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Do you really want underused/new characters making their debut/comeback in a line where the $15 Deluxe equivalent looks like this?
    [​IMG]

13. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    There's little chance I'd have bought them, and there's little chance I'll buy anything from this line.
    I just think this franchise should start to get a little more creative again.
    RID was going in the right direction, but it's like one step forward, ten steps back with this Cyberverse cartoon.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cosbydaf

I highly doubt I'll ever buy anything from Cyberverse either, judging by how they seemed to be designed. But Hasbro wouldn't be going this heavy with the "All Stars" if the kids weren't buying them up.

RID had a lot of new characters, but how many of them amounted to anything? Nearly all of the Decepticons were Monster-of-the-Week that were even more one-note than Season 2 G1 Characters. We'll probably never see Bisk or Thunderhoof again, outside of Animated-esque background cameos.

For all the hype Strongarm got, She spends like a 1/3rd of the show arguing with Sideswipe like idiot child siblings. If RID was really popular with the kids and they loved the direction it went, Hasbro would have renewed it for more seasons.

And I still think it's a bit unfair(or at least too early) to be writing off Cyberverse as creatively bankrupt when we've literally only seen 7 characters and none of the show's actual content yet.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Windsweeper II

News Credits:
    I agree they didn't give the characters much in the way of challenging arcs, but they did have clearly defined personalities for better or worse.
    And yes, the villains should have gotten more character focus too. I was happy when the main villains showed up again in combiner force and I think it's a mistake not to have given the stunticons CW type toys, because they were well designed and were well portrayed.
    In all few of the villains got much focus because of the episodic nature of the format. But I think Strongarm, Fixit, Steeljaw and to a lesser extent Thunderhoof and Quillfire are pretty memorable characters.
    But since when has Hasbro given a cartoon more than 3 season if it did well?
    We can argue about the show's succes all day, but we don't have stats. If they produced the full three season and got a mini season on top I would argue that it at least performed within expectations.
    Meanwhile I am giving Cyberverse the benefit of the doubt even if that might not seem so from my comments, but what I have been seeing isn't filling me with much hope so far.
    I don't claim kids don't like the allstars, but form personal experience I would say they would like any other group of characters just as much.
    Kids who know them like OP and Bee, but they don't want them.
    They like them because Hasbro promotes them.
    If they would promote other characters, kids would like those characters.
    Rescue Bots is a good example.

16. Cosbydaf

That would likely have turned out better than what they actually made. I guess they figured it wasn't worth the expense.

Based on Seasons 1-2, I'd say Grimlock and Steeljaw were the best. Nobody is really utilized to their full potential due to how the show is written. Fixit and Sideswipe are memorable for all the wrong reasons(think Jar Jar) and RID had my least favorite depictions of Bee and Optimus in any series, including the Bay movies. The show definitely would have benefited from Optimus staying dead for once, it's painfully obvious the writers don't want him there.

That is a good counter-argument.

Right, but it's like that with anything. I have no idea how well X line sold or how much kids enjoyed any particular show. At least it got a real ending, I suppose.

I'm not too hyped either.

While I love G1 and don't really care about newness, I'm not inclined to give Cyberverse points for "Oh it has the G1 guys that I like", as far as I can tell it's only because those names are better at selling toys. From the plot descriptions, I'm expecting a show on par with RID, if not worse.

I do agree with that, they should give some promotion to other characters, or at least ease on this Bumblebee obsession, they can't expect the one guy to hold up the whole franchise.

The Rescue Bots team were great and i would not have minded a show focusing on a new set of characters like that, even if they had to force Optimus and Bee in there...which they did with RB anyway.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

I might pick up that Shockwave if I'm honest. The rest, ehh, no.

18. Kantus Prime

Kantus Prime Beast Wars Forever!

News Credits:
    For the Ultimates, what do you mean by good posability? Megatron doesn’t have any damn elbows?

19. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Megatron's arms seem to bend a bit holding that cannon, so dunno.

Moto Z play.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

20. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 6