Transformers Cyberverse Toys Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Feb 15, 2018.

1. batfan007

batfan007 Double the Dragon

News Credits:
    If anyone wants to go in on a group buy for eye bleach let me know.

Really wish I had not clicked on the link/images for these toys.

Sweet Zombie Jesus. :confused: 

• Like Like x 1
  2. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The fact that they’re now making most characters in multiple size classes doesn’t mean that anyone has to have 2+ figures of each character. It’s about choice. Going back to A/E/C, if a child wanted Optimus of Megatron or any of the characters in the larger size classes, they were kind of stuck; either their parents could afford them or they had to miss out on that character. Now a kid can pick up an Optimus at s smaller scale with their own pocket money. Other toy lines do this, they have all characters across two or three sizes. I don’t think Hasbro expects anyone to be a completionist about this line. It just gives people options. As for the other stuff, yes weapon gimmicks have been favoured over articulation and more complex transformations, but as you say we used to play with our toys and make up adventures, so really a firing or popping out weapon feature is more conducive to that than being able to stand the toys in difficult poses. I won’t buy these, they’re not something I’d want to collect but my 8 year old self would love them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Soz that Aaron Archer peed in your cereal mate

4. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On one hand, I am glad to see the next cartoon will have such G1-like designs. Megatron and Prime and Shocky look particularly nice.
    On the other... the toyline seem incredibly simplified. Unless I did not see them right, it seems even the Ultimate (Leader size?) class has no elbow or knee articulation? At least I don't see a joint on Megatron.
    Shockwave is definitely a must have, even with his weird Cybertron Scrapmetal alt mode. I wonder how large they will be - the "Evergreen" stuff was oversized due to their simple articulation only.
    Still hoping they will squeeze in some leftover RID guys into the line, but I doubt it... given the very different design style.
    Odd that there is no Windblade, given how all the promo blurbs mention her.

5. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Legends Class exists as a budget option. Even so, why does a child needs a Voyager or Leader Class Bumblebee that is out of scale with everything?

There are good gimmicks and bad gimmicks. Those Mini-Cons came with a Scout sized Transformer with armor that did not compromised on basic functionalities of a Transformers and an action figure, those are excellent toys. While those Combiner Force toys are pieces of crap that I am very confident little me will not want them.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  6. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    Oh boy. My poor wallet...

Hasbro knows my G1 weakness...Resistance is futile..
    I want them all!!:D 

7. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I TOLD people to draw the line at MP Megatron, but ohhh nooo, don't listen to your good ol' pal, Primal...

Now, we are doomed to an eternity of "Chinney Hill" Megatrons...

Comb16022018063745.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Could be worse. You could try buying TFs in Japan. The instruction manuals require two bottles of bleach sometimes... ;) 

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    "I'm a Superman fan. I'm still confused and disappointed by something that happened over 20 years ago..."
    wiz9a.jpg superman_red_commission_by_phil_cho-dbw42l1.jpg Steel-DC-Comics-John-Henry-Irons-Man-of-Steel-c.jpg
    Adventures of Superman 504 Engine City_Page_23_Image_0001.jpg

Superman: Rebirth - because the last decades of pandering to original Superman fans wasn't enough.
    5766160-superman.jpg

:p 

• Like Like x 3
  10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    As I said, Shockwave will be my default Classics one for now. May only take $40-$50 in 3p upgrades to make it into a solid figure.

11. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you mean legion, they’re tiny. A deluxe or scout size at least offers a decent size option.

I don’t think kids are overly bothered by scale. My cousins’ kids have 12” marvel figures and smaller ones, it doesn’t impact on their playability.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion on whether they like the toys or not, but saying kids should just have a choice of a tiny legion figure or a larger one that might be too expensive just smacks of the ‘I’m not interested in it so therefore it shouldn’t exist, just as long I get what I want’ attitude that so many seem to have on here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. b ri de s hea d

b ri de s hea d Remember the Lobster Called Gimlet?

why do you ask?

the gif is from this film
    tumblr_o8as03DIw31up42jgo1_500.gif

///

as far as this line goes, the starscreams are actually pretty cool, and the whole line is great for young kids

sure, it won't be as cool of an entry point as transmetal Megatron (my first transformer) but these are a great 'in' for aspiring fans. this isn't a line for us, adult fans to buy for ourselves. this is the line that we buy for our neices and nephews, and our own kids if we have any.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

But isn't the RID/Cyberverse gimmick stuff just as expensive as the mainline figures are? These aren't low-priced for what you get.

I could understand having a larger figure, that's easy to transform with a lower parts count/price. But what Hasbro does makes me think of Age of Extinction; where they had Generations Crosshairs competing directly with Power Attacker Crosshairs, which is the same size and price, but basically worse in every aspect and has an entire back end of a car for an arm.

14. Victory Force

Victory Force Transformers Weeb

The engineering on these looks horrible. I mean, RID Warriors at least tried their best to not just be a mess.

15. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    very happy for who likes them, but i'm totally not interested in them (and naturally, they'll be the only transformers imported here in italy while the potp line will be completely ignored...).

that said, i wonder why in the '80 the transformers kids line was composed of the glorious diaclone/microchange molds, and now....
    ...we have...
    ...these.:p 

16. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Maybe it is just me but as a child, I got the regular version of Michelangelo, and the Mutatin' versions of the other 3 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I cannot say it did not bothered me, it is just that I did not have a good reason to buy Michelangelo again since I already had one version.

You cannot say children are not bothered by aesthetics or scale, they just do not have luxury of having everything in the most consistent way like collectors do. Would you rather have a new character or another of the same character just for the sake of aesthetics or scale?

• Like Like x 1
  17. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You miss the days that was just, let's see, LAST YEAR? ;)  Because surely RID with characters like Strongarm, Fixit, Steeljaw, and pretty much ALL the Decepticons, was totally aping prior shows, yep...
    It's one of the reasons I liked RID, it sidelined the big names and let the "little guy" shine. Most of Steeljaw's gang, and most of the recurring Decepticons were brand new characters not based on anyone from prior shows. And even though Sideswipe, Grimlock or Drift existed before RID, the RID versions weren't much like the G1 or IDW versions.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    This thread is amazing

• Like Like x 3
  19. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Justice League Action is another good example. Or Hotel Transylvania.
    My half-brother was hyperactive and had an extremely short attention span too, but my dad and his new wife worked hard to help him concentrate as it affected his grades too. I think we can thank Harry Potter that he grew out of this phase - that story interested him, and it finally made him sit down and read a long book at least. And then he moved on to my dad's old sci-fi and fantasy books. Today, he has totally grown out of this short attention span period. I feel most kids who start out like that due to predilection only remain in that phase due to lack of parental support or interest in their kids - they just let them watch TV or play games and don't try to coax them into learning to enjoy stories with more contect. I mean, I was reading LOTR when I was 15 (and it was one of the first books I later bought in english), but I know I am not in the majority with that sort of interest and attention span.
    He has seen some horrible, terrible things.
    Gerwalk Chicken action, activate!
    There is definitely something spring-loaded in that cannon, see the gear and the trigger. I expect there is a bigger cannon inside that pops out.
    The toy descriptions are NOT from Hasbro. They would not be dissing their own product, or pointing out the G1 references in a toyline meant for KIDS. :D  It's all from this Gizmodo something.
    Okay, then please go and take down ALL the non-Black Series Star Wars toys from shelves. I am not joking, please go and take them down, the lack of articulation makes me think I time-traveled back to 1980...

• Like Like x 2
  20. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because the new cartoon will use these designs.

DUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH.

• Like Like x 1