Transformers Cyberverse Toys Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

You know, if we actually had known what the gimmick of the line would be, I would've changed my vote to Star Saber. Because he fits perfectly into the "Evolution Leader-Class" thing they have going. Don't get me wrong, Primal is literally the only POTP figure I'm really excited for, but goddamn a POTP Leader Star Saber would have been amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  2. carnerd3000

carnerd3000 "This is bad comedy."

I'll wait to see what they look like in person. I skipped the entire RID 2015 line due to being too simple for my taste (and If I ever get any of those toys, it will probably just be the Takara versions). This obviously looks to be the same way.

3. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

As someone who did mot buy a single RID2015 figure this may look better. Optimus, Megatron, Starscream, and Shockwave all look better. What made me pass on all of RID2015 was how the only real figures to the line was pretty much just deluxes. This looks to be fixing the problem. If the show is good then I will get these.

Another problem with RID2015 is i hated the show so much I did not want to buy a single figure too. I would have considered one but the show was so awful I just could not.

4. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would it? The fact they’re using Scout/Warrior/Ultra/Ultimate in place of the equivalent size (but more expensive) Legends/Deluxe/Voyager/Leaders says to me they really want to keep the distinction between younger kids’ figures and those for older fans and collectors.

CW/TR/POTP are gimmick based, but only to replicate G1, though personally I think a lot of the Generations figures have been somewhat compromised due to the combination gimmick, while I wouldn’t say the same is true for these.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    honestly the decepticons are the gems of the r.i.d 2015 line, i had a chance to buy basiclly the whole line from takara for the price of a few deluxes and i jumped on it, i can say thunderhoof is one i would say would fit in with almost any collection.

6. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    yes but in time they could make the chug line like this and make that line even more cheap looking, yes i know im being negative but it is after all a fear, one that might or might not come ture.

i was going to make a seprate post for this but i see everyone oggling shockwave are people that desperate for chug looking one they will take the first thing that might fill that slot, because if thats the case just go get the prime shockwave hes voyager and looks better or energon hes a solid toy well his cannon arm is a pain.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    For kiddy lines these toys don't look awful, but I'll hold out for the Generations versions. (hopefully we get more than just Bumblebee)

Yeah, I really don't understand why that'd even be a concern.

Also, we know Cyberverse designs will end up in Generations. That alone clearly distinguishes the two lines.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    I see Shockwave (must have) among a pile of garbage.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    More pics from the Transformers Facebook page: TRANSFORMERS

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

that's an interesting Alt-mode for Shockwave.

11. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or at least the very similar ‘evergreen’ designs look like they’ll get Generations style figures.

As I suspected, each character in multiple class sizes. Makes sense for a kid-focussed line, where the child might want a certain character but might’ve missed out if it were only available in a larger, more expensive size.

12. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

I'm happy to see that those evergreen Starscream and Megatron designs aren't going to disappear anytime soon. Love them since their first appearance in the Cyber Battalion line. They deserve to be made as Generations figures.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Just saw the pictures on facebook. I just do not like the multiple versions of each character which has been going on since Animated consistently and even the first movie and Cybertron a little did it. I just like it when there is one clear main figure to each character ya know. Like in Armada the only Hotshot is well the Hotshot toy and his red repaint. It easier to keep track of. But still liking what I see

• Like Like x 2
  14. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Like the shockwave, and that megatron has potential, but those designs, even for the kids toys feel a bit generic.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Walker Shockwave and Maus Megatron are must-haves. I'd need to see Prime in-hand before making a decision.

16. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The toys look okay. Unfortunately as for the actual show, seeing that Shockwave's crab mode is the only thing I would classify as being remotely interesting, looks like it's going to be really generic.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Majestic Senzu

Majestic Senzu Professional Chain Yanker TFW2005 Supporter

Sad to hear they are taking the Justice League Action route for the TV show. Shame kids don't have attention spans anymore.

That said, these toys actually look pretty good...for what they are.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Not gonna lie, I have no interest in the show, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the toys.

19. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Thinking on it more, a lot of these toys look okay. They just need higher paint budgets.

And sadly given Takara's mirroring Hasbro releases now we won't get that like we did for the RID line. (I bought most of my RID Decepticons from Japan purely because guys like Thunderhoof/Megatronus were so much better painted over there)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sauce Guy

Sauce Guy Well-Known Member

How is it that the ultimate OP (Who I assume is a gimmick figure) looks better and cleaner than the warrior class OP?
    From what I've gathered, apparently Warrior class has been demoted from simpler deluxes to being a neo-scout class, while the actual Scout class has been brought back as a line of gimmick figures...
    Also, isn't it redundant having 2 G1-esque lines?