Transformers: Cyberverse Episode 8 Available on Hasbro’s YouTube

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AzT, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Slicer.
    B818B3A7-DFAA-4F81-BBC5-1F539DFF97F1.png
    4ED4CDCC-0B60-4537-AA6C-57A5492801A9.png
    F0A53FA1-B927-491F-97FD-7DFAB83D0BF8.png
    D1F5FF12-34CF-4193-87EB-3308CB867781.png
    D3C8847C-2B2E-4229-B741-2060D175F1CA.png

EDIT: It’s slicer. The Botcon figure has the same gold on his face.
    8B92A344-7E1B-4181-BAB7-CF2DAAE873DC.jpeg
    7C54466E-DECC-451B-9006-898C649DD61F.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  2. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    First and foremost, this was a really good episode.

I went with the SAC 2nd Gig OP below for the sake of less revealing cyborg anatomy than the better first film opening—and now I have to resist posting a certain supercut of Space Runaway Ideon: Be Invoked. They don’t call him Tomino “Kill ‘Em All” Yoshiyuki for nothin’!

Also, you know who I think was super lighthearted and cheery? Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm!

Anyway, while I’m still, steadily drafting some other stuff, I did notice something that fits my sensibilities...

553B6215-421B-4B4E-A782-47533CFF932E.jpeg

That ship would make for a good shield if it was shrunk down to drone/minicon size. It also, come to think it, looks like the Millennium Falcon a touch when it closes its wings. And...

During Slipstream’s Chase, I didn’t think Windblade was going to bob and weave through an abandoned, rust riddled industrial park.

Instead, I figured she’d take the ship to the one place Slippy couldn’t reach: space!

Granted, my next thought was, “Won’t that make it easier to get spotted?” Guess we’ll find out next time! ^.^

Also, I’m just gunna pray that Slipstream has the “righting reflex” like cats or she’s in deep scrud.

Oh, and one more thing, is Redwing another Seekstress, or is that Acid Storm that we hear this episode?

I figured it was a WheelJunkion or that Popcorn Lung Exhaust might even be Swindle or modded by Swindle, but there was something about those eyes—and being skittish about briefcases—that made me think there had been a cyberbrain hacking like, ya know, Ghost in the Shell!

I just thought of that as a younger Grimlock squaring off with Megs, but maybe it was actually Red Geist... somehow... :p 

• Like Like x 3
  3. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    This show is gradually getting better, and benefits form online binwatching of multiple episodes. I definitely will rewatch the entire season in one go at the end of season 1, just to pick up the small details.

I wonder if his Dark Energon Purple, leads to Unicron being behind the Rust?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  4. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was easily the worst episode of the show so far. Good storyboarding for the jet action but overall we meet 2 guys, one of them dies minutes later without barely getting a personality and nobody even cares he died.

It's literally fodder that should only please people that only care about getting "mature death" and ''omg idw references" in a show.

5. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    I've actually been mildly pleased with the show so far, but this one was atrocious in execution IMO. Hot Rod's deadpan departing words combined with the trite "sad" music at the end was awful.

6. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. And I'd let the crappy ending slide if atleast the episode were fun, but aside from the Hot Dog line being mildly funny everything else was terrible. Not surprised the writer of this episode did Episode 3 too, that was another pile of "things happen, no good character moments or lines during it, then its over". Hopefully this guy either gets better or leaves the show.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Weebot the Robot

Weebot the Robot Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    BLURR NEVER CLOSED THE PORTAL!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It is. G1 had far worse than this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Berser Car

Berser Car Cryptid member

Tumblr:
    Live fast, die young, early in the series, and while your only toy out is a redeco of a 3-step changer of the previous guy who had your name.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Nako

Nako Well-Known Member

I\'m loving Cyberverse, my only complain is that the toys suck and don\'t do the cartoon designs justice.

• Like Like x 3
  11. maurice

maurice Well-Known Member

I didn't mention the appearance though. Just the age rating. So that kinda is on the writers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. maurice

Slipstream and the seekers are fine. It didn't look bad at all and they are in later episode descriptions anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Really liked this episode. Didn't realize it was going to be so serious. Very intentional meaning on the name. The "physical comedy" at the very ended seemed a little out of place a few seconds after what just happened. Should've ended a few seconds sooner, just being the serious music.

Still, great episode!! Left no question about Blurr though :( 
    I was hoping for a John Moschitta cameo.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fishpop

fishpop Squishy Bear

Ebay:
    The wiki says he's coloured like Blackjack, so... :/

• Like Like x 1
  15. maurice

Well, he didn't have a Decepticon logo and their just colors. And the wiki isn't official source anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  16. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone know how many total episodes there will be?

17. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    18 for season 1/Volume 1.
    Unknown as yet for season 2/Volume 2.

No, that's more on you thinking kids can't handle things(to each parent goes their own judgement call). Like I listed off on other toons, there are plenty of dark kids cartoons. Many much darker than even this episode. This has the same age rating as those. Like I said, visual appearance of the toon often gives it more room to move. Look at Adventure time. That is one dark show when you really think about it and the episodes. But it passes because of aesthetic. Same to Steven Universe that features far more death in one episode than this did as well as much darker things involved too about torture. Still aimed at younger. All because of aesthetic that makes them pass.

Like Steven Universe, Transformers gets an age rating pass because they aren't humans or animals. Since they are "Robotic lifeforms" they get more room to move on the stories to do things. Steven Universe gets away with things like this too because they are gemstones. The writers are doing a fantastic job at making a great show. If you have an age rating complaint, take that up with the ratings board, not the writers. The episode has to pass through censors and checks before going to air to ensure it's still matching the rating.

Outside of the purple. He had the same color scheme as a box of Marlboro Lights. Same edged pattern too. Until he's officially named later. Could be anyone. He's not blue like Slicer, and doesn't quite match Blackjack either. Could even be Downshift or Big Daddy. The purple used seemed more like a way to allude to he's being controlled by decepticons without using an insignia. And then episode 10 seems to allude to why since episode 10's flashback takes place before that and after that.

So for now, he's a fun nod. But yeah, the wiki isn't official, and fan guesses are fan guesses. Until officially named he could be any bot. For right now, he's a nameless bot.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat Extraordinary League Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Just to add to your list of shows
    Gravity falls
    Voltron
    Batman the animated series
    Even power rangers has some pretty dark episodes and that live action.

19. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    That baby carriage fight scene in power rangers RPM. You don't get much more disturbing than that. But since all you see is the carriage, it tends to go over people's heads there is an implied baby in there.

20. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat Extraordinary League Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Or how about the death of the pink lost galaxy Ranger.