Transformers Cyberverse Episode 3 'AllSpark' Now Online

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by StellarJet, Sep 16, 2018.

1. StellarJet

StellarJet Seeker

News Credits:
    Youtube Hasbro channel:

Available all regions (like the previous two)..

I so wish they continued with the conversation between Bumblebee and Starscream from the last episode. It could have been fun :D 

• Like Like x 3
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    this might actually be more bland than prime.

• Like Like x 2
  3. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Beat me right to it.

4. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    This show is starting to grow on me. Some pretty neat stuff with the battle sequence, and I believe this is the first time we've actually seen the Autobots jettisoning the Allspark on-screen. The self-aware lines are fun, they've had a couple now. I still wish there was a bit more effort in some places, namely stronger voice acting and actual Cybertronian modes.

• Like Like x 6
  5. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Soundwave was a delight to see, just not to hear.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Shatterkick

Shatterkick TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like how they're giving an official alternative for those of us who don't have access to Cartoon Network, I think they finally twigged that the best way to discourage people from uploading episodes is just to do it themselves.

• Like Like x 7
  7. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Should I watch this? The first two episodes were alright but I’m just not motivated to watch this show. Am I missing out?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Since it started production, they'd been planning to go to a broader internet release. The episodes need to wait until they air on CN though, and then in select cases there might be a delay due to any premiere limitations CN's airing contract has for this season. Part of what I was saying before about how even if CN tries to kill it, all it'd mean is Hasbro takes it someplace else. They want ease of availability as much as possible with this one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Novus

Novus Homestuck Convert

News Credits:
    I really dig Soundwave's voice

• Like Like x 2
  10. shockwavedalek

shockwavedalek Well-Known Member

Don't particularly like the show.

Transformers shows used to be big regular viewing for a lot of kids and effort was put into crafting stories or episodes and they seemed like the crew kind cared for the shows, now it just seems like they're trying to push out shows as often as possible regardless of quality with no care given. Why in the age of programmes like gravity falls, adventure time or Steven universe which give adults something which they won't dislike when watching, do we get shows like this.

On another note soundwave design is excellent and his voice is acceptable.
    But what is wrong with prime and good ol' cockney Megatron.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Oh man, this is some grade A tfw2005 fanfiction so far.

• Like Like x 4
  12. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

sooooo it it just me.... or is Megatron from fucking Space Australia?

• Like Like x 8
  13. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    these shows are made for kids number one selling point for hasbro not adults if adults fans always forget that,. dont like it they should stick classic cartoons and comic books, i dont like show but comedy is ok from bumlbee proespective you want adult toys of trasnformers stick with takra master piece, and third party toys

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Lean Mean Angry Machine

News Credits:
    Energon is quality work compared to this shit.

Because Hasbro doesn't give a shit anymore. TLK failed after Hasbro went all-in on assuming their big fantastic cinematic universe was going to launch with it, leaving them with NOTHING as backup - no real cartoon flagship, nothing even remotely in the works.

So they've gone hard G1 because that's literally all they know how to do and G1 always sells. Except they're still running on the mindset that the Prime Wars cartoons somehow worked despite A) never being around with the matching series and B) being absolute crap.

Additionally, while all the series you named are good (though in my personal opinion Steven Universe is extremely overrated, it's not bad since I'll give its overarching backstory some credit at being interesting and it's certainly better than literally every Transformers series we've gotten after Animated was cut short), they also notably lack being tied to a major toyline. This is what killed the excellent Thundercats reboot back in 2011(?), even though the toys there looked amazing - they just had shit distribution. With quality TV, investing to put some actual talent behind these things makes them good and thus marketable, as while Adventure Time didn't really have any toyline, the merchandising probably was incredible for CN. Or, in Hasbro's case, they literally just threw Lauren Faust the job of restarting pony back around 2008 because she happened to be in the office trying to pitch a different show - she took that task, built a hand-picked crew, and the end result was a My Little Pony brand that actually wasn't the banal girly-girly bullshit MLP was known for. Even though MLP started at the same time as Prime did in 2010, we've gone through THREE Transformers incarnations while Pony will last through to a ninth season. Because it's popular because it (At least initially, not so much now) was a decent show.

The problem is that Hasbro isn't trying here. Cyberverse is filler. They're still banking on the films being the major money maker, something they SHOULDN'T be doing after TLK proved the movies are a bad bet now. But until we get past the films and back to Hasbro being a toy company first and IP holder second, we're stuck in this holding pattern some people would call 'change' when it's literally the complete opposite.

Yeah, no, that's bullshit. The 'it's just for kids' excuse is completely baseless, simply because an example within Transformers already exists proving that being for a younger audience doesn't mean the show can't be good by appealing to older audiences.

That show is Rescue Bots. The first season alone had an episode about flying lobsters - except SURPRISE the whole episode is actually an homage to the Albert Hitchcock film The Birds which is a very famous horror film, right down to including a near perfect scene recreation of the famous telephone booth sequence. And then you have Dr. Morocco who is one of the best human villains in Transformers history, especially notable given he was doing double duty as the only real villainous threat in the entire show - the end of S1 outright has him take over the world in true 1984 style where Cody gets sold out (unintentionally) by his own family (who don't know who he is because he doesn't exist in that timeline). And then at the very end, when it's revealed that Doc Greene suddenly knows that the Rescue Bots are sentient aliens, Chief Burns admits he broke his promise to Prime to keep that a secret and told Greene off screen so the worried doc could know his daughter was safe because she was with the aforementioned sentient aliens that Burns works with on a daily basis.

And then you have things like the existence of Griffin Rock itself is actually because it's a sorta-decommissioned research facility from the days of the Cold War, Dr. Morocco turning out to actually be a time-traveling compatriot of Jules Verne, who himself shows up to bring Morocco back to their proper time, Blades getting a fireman's carry by the other three Rescue Bots when he's incapacitated, a woman who has spent thirty years alone inside a sunken research vessel to the point she rightfully fears going back to civilization because the world she left is not the one she would be coming back to, and overall the rather depressing truth of the Rescue Bots themselves: they slept through the entire collapse of their civilization and planet...and nobody knew they were even still alive all that time. Their stated purpose is to protect their home, but they never even got the chance to do that.

That is some seriously heavy stuff for a show that is supposed to be an entry point for young kids into the franchise such that Decepticons barely get mentioned by name, while never showing up whatsoever. Stuff you are saying we shouldn't expect out of a show 'just because it's for kids'.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
  15. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube (Old):
    The Allspark: A D20, but the rolls are all shit

• Like Like x 6
  16. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel that way about most of this voice cast.

The actor doing Prime is trying way to hard to impersonate Cullen and is just not getting the job done. Megatron, why does he sound Australian? The actress providing the voice of Windblade is hit and miss, for me. One moment she sounds fine and then she has a line that is jarringly terrible in delivery.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Shyeah, okay whatever you say. I too sometimes just blurt out nonsense. Wait no I don’t

• Like Like x 5
  18. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

It’s really only Prime and Megs that are trying way too hard, or were given awful direction.

But, if you want something great, asking Hasbro won’t do any good.

Ya gotta ask Takara! :thumb 

Someday, there will be a new Transformers anime... just not today. And, probably not by Takara.

Nah, wait a week and watch it as a whole 22 minute show with next week’s episode. It’s not bad, but it’s more about getting things in position than it is advancing or introducing anything.

• Like Like x 3
  19. vehiconjunkie

vehiconjunkie General

News Credits:
    I think you mean Toei Animation.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Protostar

Protostar TOOOOOOAAAASSSSTTT!1! 1! 111! 11!!

Well..obviously. but that's like saying my pizza was blander than my apple. It's not quite a fair comparison. And plus I thought prime was one of the better shows?

Also, do we need to keep making a fuss about Hasbro shows being more kid centric and slightly dumbed down?

• Like Like x 2